Israeli occupation eyes declaring "Eviatar" an official settlement
Israeli Channel 7 says that an agreement was reached between the residents of the "Eviatar" settlement, which was built on Palestinian land, and the new Israeli government in order to turn it into a settlement.
Israeli Prime Minister Naftali Bennett announced an agreement that states that the settlers occupying “Eviatar” on Jabal Sbeih, South of Nablus, will clear it by Friday afternoon.
Israeli Channel 7 said that according to this agreement, the “settlement is to be cleared of residents without demolishing the buildings constructed there. The Israeli presence will also have continued presence there, while a proposition is set to be submitted in order to turn it into an official settlement.”
As per the agreement, the Israeli Ministry of Internal Security will reconsider the land’s status “as quickly as possible”, clarifying that “if it should turn out that the lands are not private Palestinian lands, and are considered state-owned, then the building of a religious institution, along with living quarters for the institution and the families employed there, will be allowed.”
Confrontations have been on the rise lately between residents of Beita, south of Nablus, which lies near Mt. Sbeih, and settlers backed by occupation forces, the last of which occurred days ago wherein 400 Palestinians were injured according to the Red Crescent. The injuries were caused by the occupation’s use of live and rubber bullets, as well as tear gas against them.
Night confusion activities are still ongoing near the settlement erected atop Mt. Sbeih, where protestors burn car tires around the settlement.
One of the protestors had already confirmed to Al Mayadeen that the night confusion activities have instilled fear in the ranks of the settlers in Nablus and that the occupation is set to remove the settlement in Beita.