Prince William cut contact with Prince Harry over Netflix documentary
The once-close brothers have now cut all communication "for good."
Prince William and brother Prince Harry have cut contact over allegations made by Harry during his recent Netflix documentary, according to one of Britain's most noted royal correspondents.
"William cuts all contact," Roya Nikkhah of The Sunday Times wrote in a tweet accompanying a feature on the fallout of "Harry & Meghan," released over the past week on Netflix.
Nikkhah cited two unidentified friends of the Prince of Wales despairing at the damage the series, in which Harry accused William of scolding him over his plan to leave royal life in 2020.
Read next: Princes Harry & Andrew, Meghan not invited to Buckingham event
He also accused William of collusion with the media to plant fabricated and untrue stories about him and Meghan to deviate the media's focus away from other problems in the family.
One source noted that their relationship had been "very strained for a while" and highlighted that William had no plans to speak to him in the future.
Speaking in the documentary, Harry said that his brother's staff traded stories with the press about him and Meghan, adding that "I would far rather get destroyed in the press than play along with this game or this business of trading."
"And to see my brother's office copy the very same thing that we promised the two of us would never ever do, that was heartbreaking."
Harry mourned his damaged relationship with his brother, which the public used to regard as unshakeable. The "saddest part of it was this wedge created between myself and my brother so that he's now on the institution's side. And part of that, I get. I understand, right? That's his inheritance," he said.