Occupation Forces Jerusalem Families to Demolish Their Homes in Silwan
Israeli occupation soldiers force a Palestinian to demolish his own home under the pretext of not having a permit. The occupation's municipality in Jerusalem continues to give families 48-hour demolition notices.
Occupation soldiers forced a Palestinian citizen to demolish his own home on Tuesday morning in Jerusalem under the pretext of not having a permit.
الاحتلال يجبر عائلة نصار في حي وادي قدوم ببلدة سلوان على هدم منزلها هذه اللحظات pic.twitter.com/LncgVGus4N— AlQastal القسطل (@AlQastalps) July 12, 2021
According to Wafa News Agency, occupation forces made Palestinian citizen Mohammad Nassar Al-Husseini demolish his own home in the town of Silwan. If he did not abide by the ruling, then the occupation would demolish it, and bill him for the cost.
عملية الهدم مازالت مستمرة.. من منزل عائلة نصار التي أجبرها الاحتلال على هدم منزلها في حي وادي قدوم ببلدة سلوان pic.twitter.com/NSgAYOGkjo— AlQastal القسطل (@AlQastalps) July 12, 2021
As a reply to the demolishing of his home and that of his 8-member family, Al-Husseini said: "My heart is breaking. I'll sleep in the car, thank God, God help us all."
The occupation forced 8 Jerusalem families to demolish their own homes last week or have the occupation demolish it. The families are billed for the cost, which amounts to almost $61,000.
The occupation's municipality has continued to give out notices to Jerusalem families, namely in the neighborhood of Silwan, with a 48-hour demolition notice.
Islamic Jihad Spokesperson Tarek Selmi said, "In a terrorist crime whose features and dimensions are clear, occupation forces are forcing Jerusalem citizens in the neighborhood of Silwan to demolish their homes and facilities forcibly and under threats." He added, "the rise of the policy of the demolishment of homes, shops and facilities is the pursuit of a policy of aggression, the goal of which is to further pressure the people of Jerusalem, and besiege them in all aspects of life. The goal is to uproot and displace them from Jerusalem."
Selmi noted that "these crimes, and this terrorism that targets citizens of Jerusalem, requires work to be done using all available procedures to protect and save them. We must reinforce resilience against the ethnic cleansing policies and all the crimes the terrorist occupation commits against them." He added, "the empowerment of Resistance in all its forms comes at the top of priorities and duties to stop the occupation."
Palestinian youths had stood against occupation forces during their storming of Silwan, throwing lots of fireworks in their direction. They also targeted a "skunk" truck, which shoots sewage water at protestors to break them up. They also set fire to the occupation's observation posts in Silwan, south of the Al-Aqsa mosque, where fire trucks were called in to extinguish the fires.
Last week, occupation forces demolished 11 homes in Khirbet al-Humsah in the Jordan Valley, in the West Bank. Last Thursday, they also blew up the home of prisoner Montaser al-Shelbi, the executor of the Zaatara checkpoint operation in the town of Turmus Ayya, north of Ramallah in the West Bank.
Occupation forces had also demolished a shop in the neighborhoods of Al-Bustan and Silwan in Al-Quds and demolished a number of Palestinian homes before they withdrew from the town on June 29th.