Al Mayadeen English

  • Ar
  • Es
  • x
Al Mayadeen English

Slogan

  • News
    • Politics
    • Economy
    • Sports
    • Arts&Culture
    • Health
    • Miscellaneous
    • Technology
    • Environment
  • Articles
    • Opinion
    • Analysis
    • Blog
    • Features
  • Videos
    • NewsFeed
    • Video Features
    • Explainers
    • TV
    • Digital Series
  • Infographs
  • In Pictures
  • • LIVE
News
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Sports
  • Arts&Culture
  • Health
  • Miscellaneous
  • Technology
  • Environment
Articles
  • Opinion
  • Analysis
  • Blog
  • Features
Videos
  • NewsFeed
  • Video Features
  • Explainers
  • TV
  • Digital Series
Infographs
In Pictures
  • Africa
  • Asia
  • Asia-Pacific
  • Europe
  • Latin America
  • MENA
  • Palestine
  • US & Canada
BREAKING
Al Mayadeen's correspondent in South Lebanon: Israeli occupation targets bulldozer working to remove rubble of destroyed home in Shebaa.
IRGC sources tell Al Mayadeen that reports of Iranian missile strikes on northern Iraq are false, calling them rumors spread by enemy-linked media.
Trump: Venezuela airspace should be considered 'closed in its entirety'
AFP: Ukraine behind attack on Russian 'shadow fleet' tankers in Black Sea
Sheikh Qassem: We, our allies, the honorable in our nation, our people, and our army will never accept being subservient to the US or 'Israel'
Sheikh Qassem: They must despair, for whatever they do, this people cannot be defeated or broken, and we shall neither fall nor yield
Sheikh Qassem: Threats neither advance nor delay matters, yet the possibility of war or its absence exists because 'Israel' and the US are weighing their options
Sheikh Qassem: All these threats are simply a form of political pressure after a whole year of efforts proved ineffective
Sheikh Qassem: 'Israel's' 'servants' in Lebanon are few, but they cause problems by obstructing the country’s stability, growth, and liberation alongside the US and 'Israel'
Sheikh Qassem: Weapons block 'Israel’s' project, and anyone seeking disarmament plays into 'Israel’s' hands

Ex-Mossad chief says 'Israel' lost deterrence following operation

  • By Al Mayadeen English
  • Source: Al Mayadeen & Israeli Media
  • 27 Feb 2023 23:16
3 Min Read

Israeli media comments on the operation that took place in the Jordan Valley, saying it was exactly what the military and security establishments feared.

  • x
  • Israeli occupation forces examine the scene of a shooting operation near the West Bank city of Areeha, February 27, 2023 (AP Photo)
    Israeli occupation forces examine the scene of a shooting operation near the West Bank city of Areeha, February 27, 2023 (AP Photo)

Israeli media commented late Monday on the resistance operation that took place earlier in the day in the Jordan Valley, leaving one illegal Israeli settler dead and others injured, saying what happened was exactly what the occupation's security and military establishments were fearing.

Reportedly, the occupation's security and military establishments were dreading Palestinians carrying out operation after operation with the Israeli occupation forces being unable to deter them.

Occupation reserve general and former Mossad chief Danny Yatom said the operation showed that "Israel has lost its deterrence."

"The fact that Palestinians carry out operations in broad daylight, where there are many people, and then succeed in escaping, indicates that painstaking work must be done to restore deterrence," he said.

Meanwhile, Israeli Channel 13 military affairs correspondent Or Helle said the Palestinians' success in Huwara "encourages other gunmen to go out in various areas with weapons, and we are talking here specifically about Areeha."

An illegal Israeli settler was killed after he was shot during a resistance operation in the Jordan Valley, an Al Mayadeen correspondent reported on Monday, noting that the Palestinian who carried out that operation has so far carried out five similar ones in the same area.

Israeli media had admitted Monday that two shooting operations were carried out concurrently in Areeha, leading to numerous injuries, several of which are critical.

Israeli media reported that the man who carried out the operation was able to escape the scene without being detained, adding that the Israeli occupation forces were on a manhunt for him.

"The army shut down several roads in the Jordan Valley in a bid to get those who carried out the operations," the Israeli Channel 11 reported. "The second operation near Areeha led to four injuries, some of which are critical" amid concerns about further operations in the area.

Israeli media reported Sunday that two settlers were killed with an M-16 rifle in a shooting operation near the town of Huwara, Nablus, in the occupied West Bank.

Israeli Channel 12 reported that the one behind the operation rammed the car of the two Israelis, then got out of his car, shot them then left the scene. The channel indicated that the Israeli occupation forces went to the area and are now looking for him.

Following the incident, Yoav Gallant, the occupation's Minister of Security, stated, "We will soon conduct an assessment of the situation and take decisions regarding the Aqaba summit."

The head of the settlement council in the northern West Bank described the process that took place in Huwara as "difficult".

In the same context, the head of the regional council, Yossi Dagan, called on the government to turn the tables on the Palestinian Authority and launch a military operation.

  • Areeha
  • Huwara
  • Palestine
  • IsraeI
  • Nablus
  • Mossad
  • West Bank
  • Israeli occupation

Most Read

13 elite Israeli troops were wounded in a confrontations in Beit Jinn, Syria.

13 elite Israeli troops wounded in confrontations in southern Syria

  • West Asia
  • 28 Nov 2025
Hezbollah announces the martyrdom of Haitham al-Tabatabai

Hezbollah announces the martyrdom of commander Haitham Tabatabai

  • West Asia
  • 23 Nov 2025
Hezbollah publishes biography of martyred leader Haitham al-Tabatabai

Hezbollah publishes biography of martyred leader Haitham Tabatabai

  • Politics
  • 23 Nov 2025
Hezbollah releases the names of the four martyred with Tabatabai

Hezbollah releases the names of the 4 martyred alongside Tabatabai

  • West Asia
  • 24 Nov 2025

Coverage

All
In Five

Read Next

All
U.S. F-35 fighter jets fly over José Aponte de la Torre Airport in Ceiba, Puerto Rico, Friday, September 19, 2025. (AP Photo/Alejandro Granadillo)
Politics

Venezuela condemns US 'colonial-style' threat to national airspace

Palestinians walk through the destruction left by the Israeli air and ground offensive in Gaza City, Saturday, Nov. 29, 2025. (AP)
Politics

Gaza death toll exceeds 70,000 as Israeli crimes continue

Ireland removes name of former Israeli president from Dublin park
Europe

Ireland removes name of Ex. Israeli regime president from Dublin park

Gazan brothers Jomaa and Fadi Abu Assi, 8 and 9, in an undated photo (Social media)
Politics

Gaza: Two brothers, aged 8 and 9, killed by 'Israel' on their way home

Al Mayadeen English

Al Mayadeen is an Arab Independent Media Satellite Channel.

All Rights Reserved

  • x
  • Privacy Policy
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Authors
Android
iOS