Huge explosions reported in US occupation base in Deir Ezzor: Reports
Al Mayadeen correspondent in Syria says the so-called US Coalition carried out a landing operation in the Ghandoura area in the Jarabulus countryside.
Several massive explosions hit a US occupation military base in Deir Ezzor in the east of the country, local sources in Syria reported, as per Iranian news agency Mehr.
On Sunday night, unconfirmed sources reported that some massive explosions hit one of the US military bases in the Conoco gas field in Deir Ezzor.
Some news sources also reported that the US Coalition forces simultaneously targeted a drone over the base.
It is noteworthy that the Conoco gas field is one of the largest US occupation military bases in Deir Ezzor and has been targeted several times before.
Last week, sources to Al Mayadeen revealed that a rocket attack targeted the base.
The attack was carried out with several rockets, the sources said, adding that no information is available on the size of the losses inside the occupation.
On its part, the US Central Command (CENTCOM) said in a statement that a rocket strike targeted US-led coalition forces in Syria, resulting in no casualties or coalition property.
US coalition forces carry out landing operation in Jarabulus countryside
In a related context, Al Mayadeen correspondent in Syria reported on Monday that the so-called US Coalition carried out a landing operation in the Ghandoura area in the Jarabulus countryside in Aleppo, in conjunction with helicopters flying and heavy gunfire.
Our correspondent mentioned that three people were killed during the operation, including two members of the so-called Suqour Al-Shamal militant group.
He added that another person named Ayed Al-Hilal was arrested.
On its part, the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) claimed that the Coalition's landing operation in the village of Al-Suwayda in the countryside of Aleppo targeted a military point belonging to the Suqour Al-Shamal militant group in Jarabulus.
According to activists, at least five helicopters participated in the landing operation, as the US forces surrounded a house for more than an hour and demanded that its occupants turn themselves in.
The activists said that clashes erupted between the US forces and the house's occupation, with one faction of the Turkish-backed "Syrian National Army" intervening and shooting at the Coalition's helicopters.
Al Mayadeen correspondent cited reports about two US soldiers being seriously wounded as a result of the clashes.
CENTCOM reports possible death of ISIS leader
Earlier, CENTCOM said its forces "conducted a unilateral helicopter raid in northern Syria in the early morning of April 17th targeting a Senior ISIS Syria Leader and Operational Planner responsible for planning terror attacks in the Middle East and Europe."
"The raid resulted in the probable death of the targeted individual. Two other armed individuals were killed on the target," CENTCOM said in a statement shared on Twitter.
A US Central Command helicopter raid in northern Syria targeted a Senior ISIS Leader. pic.twitter.com/BoenvFfbmS— U.S. Central Command (@CENTCOM) April 17, 2023