IOF raids Ariha, Ezzeddine Qassam Brigades respond
The Israeli occupation forces try to storm the Palestinian city of Ariha before they are forced to withdraw by the resistance.
The Aqabat Jaber refugee camp battalion of the Ezzeddine Al-Qassam brigades, the military wing of the Hamas resistance movement, said Saturday that its freedom fighters took part in violent confrontations with the Israeli occupation forces after they stormed the camp earlier in the day.
"The occupation failed to achieve its goals, and it withdrew from the camp in disappointment," the battalion said.
The group said its fighters underwent harsh confrontations as they were confronting the IOF's futile attempt at raiding the camp, raining down bullets and IEDs on the occupation forces, causing direct injuries.
The Israeli aggression in the Aqabat Jaber refugee camp of Ariha was like no other in the region due to the fierceness of the armed resistance that the IOF faced, Yedioth Ahronoth's military affairs correspondent reported.
شاهد| مواجهات مع الاحتلال في مخيم عقبة جبر في مدينة أريحا pic.twitter.com/4x0j87DHrg— قناة فلسطين اليوم (@Paltodaytv) February 4, 2023
"Dozens of armed men were facing the special forces in the city, which is considered the camest in the West Bank," the Israeli journalist said.
The Israeli occupation forces withdrew their military vehicles from the refugee camp hours after the failed military operation that saw nine Palestinians getting injured, two of whom sustained serious wounds.
The IOF's raid caused a lof destruction to the homes of Palestinians that the occupation had encircled while searching for young Palestinian men while making allegations about wanting to arrest several "fugitives".
شاهد| لحظة نقل إحدى الإصابات في مخيم عقبة جبر في مدينة أريحا pic.twitter.com/d1ETGfqHZh— قناة فلسطين اليوم (@Paltodaytv) February 4, 2023
#صور | آثار الدمار في بعض المنازل التي فشل الاحتلال باعتقال مطاردين بعد حصارها بأعداد كبيرة في مخيم عقبة جبر بأريحا. pic.twitter.com/jgpgKQ0wlj— قناة فلسطين اليوم (@Paltodaytv) February 4, 2023
The Israeli occupation forces had surrounded a home in Aqabat Jaber and shelled it, claiming that one of its residents had carried out a shooting near the Dead Sea last week.
The Israeli occupation army reported last Saturday that a shooting attack took place near a restaurant at the "Almog Junction" near the city of Areeha in the occupied West Bank.
A spokesperson for the Israeli occupation army claimed that a Palestinian arrived at a restaurant near the "Almog junction", fired bullets, and withdrew from the scene in a car without causing any injuries.
The occupation indicated that its forces began sweeping the area in search of the Palestinian who carried out the shooting.
Simultaneously, Israeli media claimed that a truck driver tried to ram Israeli occupation soldiers at the Za'tara checkpoint, south of Nablus, without any injuries reported. The media said occupation soldiers opened gunfire at a Palestinian truck driver.
Earlier, Israeli media quoted a spokesperson for the Israeli occupation police as saying that settlers who have a gun license should carry their weapons on them.
This comes a few hours after Israeli media reported that two Israeli settlers were seriously injured in a shooting attack in Silwan, occupied Al-Quds.
On Friday, Israeli occupation police announced that seven settlers were killed and at least 10 others were wounded in the aftermath of a shooting that took place in Nabi Yaqub, occupied Al-Quds.