IOF target unarmed Palestinian youths with live bullets in Nablus
Israeli occupation forces shoot unarmed Palestinian youths with live bullets, and the Palestinian Health Ministry says 30 Palestinians were injured.
Al Mayadeen correspondent in the West Bank reported Tuesday that Resistance fighters are confronting the attacks of the Israeli occupation forces (IOF) in Nablus, where one of the houses is besieged.
Our correspondent said the IOF incursion into Nablus coincides with the flying of Israeli reconnaissance planes in the air.
#Breaking | Local sources: "Columns of smoke can be seen after the Israeli occupation forces targeted a residential building during an Israeli military raid of the Old City of Nablus in the occupied West Bank. pic.twitter.com/i4iEpHXf7S— Quds News Network (@QudsNen) August 9, 2022
The Nablus Battalion in Al-Quds Brigades announced that it targeted Israeli forces and vehicles on Hittin Street with heavy bullets.
The battalion affirmed that its fighters continue to confront the IOF and its special units, targeting them with large salvos of bullets.
Eyewitnesses said that the armed confrontations erupted after the IOF stormed the city at approximately 6h30 am and besieged a house in the Al-Halaba neighborhood of the Old City.
Watch | Media coverage: "Palestinian resistance gunmen open fire towards the Israeli occupation forces during an Israeli military raid of the Old City of Nablus in the occupied West Bank." pic.twitter.com/TYp0p6wqrp— Quds News Network (@QudsNen) August 9, 2022
Confrontations also erupted in Faisal main street, during which the IOF fired live bullets at unarmed Palestinian youths who threw stones to defend their land.
Media coverage: "The moment when the Israeli occupation forces shot with live bullets a Palestinian youth during confrontations erupted early this morning in occupied West Bank city of Nablus. More than 14 Palestinians have been injured so far, one injury is critical." pic.twitter.com/FvwNgrPfKn— Quds News Network (@QudsNen) August 9, 2022
The Palestinian Red Crescent announced that its crews in Nablus dealt with 69 injuries with live bullets, seven of which were critical.
In a statement, the Red Crescent said that 14 people were treated on the spot and 13 were injured by gas suffocation.
Medical sources reported that the Israeli occupation forces targeted an ambulance transporting the wounded.
At a later time, the Israeli occupation sent reinforcements to the city of Nablus as confrontations continued with the Resistance fighters.
The confrontations in Nablus come two days after the Egyptian-mediated armistice agreement between "Israel" and the PIJ movement entered into force, starting at 11:30 pm on Sunday.
Al Mayadeen private sources confirmed that an agreement had been reached on a ceasefire in the Gaza Strip, with the fulfillment of the PIJ's demands in full.
The Israeli occupation launched on August 5 an aggression on the Gaza Strip, and Al-Quds Brigades announced that Tayseer Al-Jaabari, a military commander in the northern Gaza Strip, had been martyred.
Consequently, Al-Quds Brigades launched an operation in response to the Israeli occupation's aggression on the Gaza Strip, by launching salvoes of rockets toward the occupied Palestinian territories.