'Israel': Investigating Hezbollah role in northern Palestine IED
The Israeli official security statement said that "at the beginning of the week, an explosive device was detonated near the Megiddo junction, on Route 65, seriously injuring an Israeli settler."
The Israeli occupation forces (IOF) expressed their suspicion that the Lebanese resistance movement Hezbollah was behind an alleged security incident in northern occupied Palestine earlier this week, "in which it infiltrated through the northern borders and detonated an explosive device," according to Israeli media.
The (IOF) spokesperson, the Shin Bet [an Israeli security agency] spokesperson, and the Israeli police spokesperson issued a joint statement claiming that "the security forces neutralized the perpetrator of the operation near the Megiddo junction" in northern occupied Palestine without providing any evidence to substantiate such claims.
According to the statement, an explosive device was detonated near the Megiddo intersection, on Route 65, seriously injuring an Israeli settler, and the security forces worked to locate the suspects behind the operation.
The joint Israeli security statement claimed that an initial investigation shows that the person behind the operation apparently crossed Lebanese territory into occupied Palestine earlier this week.
It added that "It turned out that after the attack near the Megiddo intersection, the perpetrator stopped a car and asked the driver to drive north," stressing that "the attack is subject to an extensive investigation, in which Hezbollah's responsibility is also being investigated."
The Israeli media had reported on Wednesday about what it described as a "dangerous security incident" in northern occupied Palestine, and indicated that "the security issue was caused by a side bomb that was detonated on Route 65 at the Megiddo junction."
Israeli media correspondents reported that "since Tuesday, the date of the incident in the north, towns, and roads are closed, and soldiers roam between houses at evening hours."
On the other hand, Israeli media reported earlier that Netanyahu postponed his visit to Berlin and Smotrich cut short his tour, referring to "security talks at the highest level in Israel amid suspicions of a difficult security operation."
The correspondent of the Israeli Kan channel confirmed that "the Shin Bet is still imposing a ban on publishing more details."
He said that "officials are talking about the unknown identity of the perpetrator and investigations are looking to assess Lebanese Hezbollah's involvement," pointing out that "suspicions also revolve around the possibility of the involvement of Hamas and its front in Lebanon, which is led by Saleh al-Arouri."
The Yedioth Ahronoth newspaper also published that "Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Security Minister Yoav Gallant instructed Israeli officials not to make any statements about the Megiddo operation."