'Israel' dreads Gaza response to 'flag march' - media
Israeli media reports that the Israeli occupation forces are dreading an escalation in Al-Aqsa on Sunday, which would prompt a response from Gaza.
The Israeli occupation is carrying out the "flag march" even if it leads to retaliation and escalation, Israeli media said Thursday.
The Israeli occupation's security apparatuses dread that an escalation in Al-Aqsa mosque would lead to an escalation that will see the Gaza Strip firing rockets toward occupied Palestinian territories, Israeli media added.
"The situation in Al-Aqsa mosque in the coming days will clarify whether the resistance calling on the Palestinians to respond has worked," a senior Israeli security source added.
Efforts are being made in Al-Quds to stress the importance of differentiating between Al-Aqsa and the flag march that will pass through Damascus Gate and Al-Buraq Wall, not Al-Aqsa mosque, reports have revealed.
The Palestinian resistance factions warned earlier today that the Israeli occupation against making a blunder and allowing for the storming of Al-Aqsa Mosque through "organizing the terrorist flag march."
"This plan will act as a powder keg that will explode and set the whole region on fire," the factions said on the repercussions of the Israeli occupation carrying out its infamous "Flag March".
Commenting on the latest developments in occupied Palestine and Al-Aqsa Mosque, Hezbollah Secretary-General Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah said Wednesday that the Israeli occupation doing anything to Al-Aqsa would lead to a regional war. "It will lead to undesirable consequences."
He also concluded by noting that the Palestinian resistance chose to utilize its option to respond to any Israeli meddling with Al-Aqsa Mosque.
Earlier, on the 18th of May, the Israeli Minister of Internal Security, Omar Bar-Lev, and the commissioner of the occupation police, Kobi Shabtai, had given permission for the "flag march". The march is planned to be held at the end of this month and pass through Bab Al-Amoud in occupied Al-Quds.
The Israeli occupation canceled the "flag march" last year for the first time after the Palestinian resistance launched missiles toward settlements around occupied Al-Quds.