Israeli captives say resumption of war to kill them in new video
The Al-Qassam Brigades published a video showing Israeli captives in Gaza telling the Israeli regime that the resumption of the war would kill them.
-
Israeli captives in the Gaza Strip in a video published by the al-Qassam Brigades on March 24, 2025 (Al-Qassam Brigades Military Media)
The al-Qassam Brigades, the military wing of Hamas, released a video on Monday featuring two Israeli prisoners held in Gaza. The footage, shared on the group's Telegram account, was titled: "Tell Them, Ohad!"
In the video, the two captives identified themselves only by numbers, stating, "I am prisoner number 21," and "I am prisoner number 22."
They insisted that Hamas had not coerced them into speaking, saying, "We want you to know that Hamas did not ask us to say this. This video clip is not intended for psychological warfare. We are the ones who asked and begged to be heard. Please hear our voices."
Describing their living conditions, they recounted, "Before the latest ceasefire deal on January 19, when the border crossings were closed throughout the war, there was almost no food. The situation was difficult and there was no safe place. Living conditions were difficult." However, after the ceasefire deal led to the reopening of crossings, they said Hamas fighters took care of them, providing food and improved living conditions.
'We stared death in the face'
“Just as the end approached, we were dealt a severe blow. On March 18, the Israeli government decided to attack Gaza from the air. That attack could have killed us," one captive said.
The two captives warned that the Israeli occupation's renewed military assault could lead to their deaths. "Know that an attack like the one that happened yesterday was the closest thing to my death and the death of those with me. We saw death before our eyes."
"Now, after the attack and the closure of the crossings, things have returned to the way they were. Food is running out, conditions have become difficult, and there is no safe place," one captive added.
They then addressed the Israeli government, saying, "Enough with the government silencing our voices. Enough, enough, enough. The prisoners who were with us before [and have now been] released, give them a chance to speak and express their opinions. Stop silencing their voices."
"أنا الأسير رقم 21، الوقت ينفد".. كتائب #القسام تنشر رسالة أسيرين لديها بعنوان: "أخبرهم يا أوهاد!"
— قناة الميادين (@AlMayadeenNews) March 24, 2025
👇#غزة#الميادين pic.twitter.com/sFV2quSwdD
'Tell them, Ohad!'
"Let them speak. Let the truth come out," the other captive said. "Why is everyone being silenced?"
In a direct plea to Ohad, a captive released in an earlier exchange, the captive urged, "Ohad, why don't you tell them? You were with us. You were sitting with us. Speak for us. Explain to everyone what we've been going through. Let everyone know."
"You know how much suffering we're going through here. You know how it was during the deal and the war. You returned to your wife and daughters. I was hoping that after a few weeks, I would be able to go to my wife but I haven't been out yet," the captive added.
"Explain to them [...] Tell them how much we are suffering [...] Tell them, Ohad. Tell them, Ohad."
'Israel' reneged on the ceasefire deal
Ohad was released on February 8 as part of the first phase of the prisoner exchange, which began on January 19 following a ceasefire agreement in Gaza.
The first phase of the ceasefire and prisoner swap, which lasted 42 days, ended in early March. However, the Israeli regime refused to proceed with the second phase and continued its military assault on Gaza, which has killed over 50,000 people since October 7, 2023.
According to Israeli estimates, 59 prisoners remain in Gaza, including 24 believed to be alive.
Previously, 40 released Israeli prisoners confirmed that continued military pressure on Gaza "kills the living prisoners and erases the remains of the dead."
Captives try to reason with Netanyahu
Forty former Israeli captives in Gaza and 250 relatives of captives held in the Palestinian enclave have signed a letter urging Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s government to halt its renewed aggression and resume negotiations with Hamas to secure the release of the remaining 59 captives.
"Stop the fighting. Return to the negotiating table and fully complete an agreement that will return all of the hostages, even at the cost of ending the war," the letter read, warning that "Israel's" military pressure is endangering the captives.
“Military pressure kills hostages and disappears bodies. This is not a slogan, this is reality," it emphasized, recalling that 41 captives were killed in Gaza.
"They could have returned to embrace and rehabilitate, and they will not return."
The former captives and families accused the Israeli occupation government of "choosing an endless war over rescuing and returning hostages, thereby sacrificing them to their deaths. This policy is criminal."