Al Mayadeen English

  • Ar
  • Es
  • x
Al Mayadeen English

Slogan

  • News
    • Politics
    • Economy
    • Sports
    • Arts&Culture
    • Health
    • Miscellaneous
    • Technology
    • Environment
  • Articles
    • Opinion
    • Analysis
    • Blog
    • Features
  • Videos
    • NewsFeed
    • Video Features
    • Explainers
    • TV
    • Digital Series
  • Infographs
  • In Pictures
  • • LIVE
News
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Sports
  • Arts&Culture
  • Health
  • Miscellaneous
  • Technology
  • Environment
Articles
  • Opinion
  • Analysis
  • Blog
  • Features
Videos
  • NewsFeed
  • Video Features
  • Explainers
  • TV
  • Digital Series
Infographs
In Pictures
  • Africa
  • Asia
  • Asia-Pacific
  • Europe
  • Latin America
  • MENA
  • Palestine
  • US & Canada
BREAKING
Al Mayadeen's correspondent in South Lebanon: Israeli occupation targets bulldozer working to remove rubble of destroyed home in Shebaa.
IRGC sources tell Al Mayadeen that reports of Iranian missile strikes on northern Iraq are false, calling them rumors spread by enemy-linked media.
Trump: Venezuela airspace should be considered 'closed in its entirety'
AFP: Ukraine behind attack on Russian 'shadow fleet' tankers in Black Sea
Sheikh Qassem: We, our allies, the honorable in our nation, our people, and our army will never accept being subservient to the US or 'Israel'
Sheikh Qassem: They must despair, for whatever they do, this people cannot be defeated or broken, and we shall neither fall nor yield
Sheikh Qassem: Threats neither advance nor delay matters, yet the possibility of war or its absence exists because 'Israel' and the US are weighing their options
Sheikh Qassem: All these threats are simply a form of political pressure after a whole year of efforts proved ineffective
Sheikh Qassem: 'Israel's' 'servants' in Lebanon are few, but they cause problems by obstructing the country’s stability, growth, and liberation alongside the US and 'Israel'
Sheikh Qassem: Weapons block 'Israel’s' project, and anyone seeking disarmament plays into 'Israel’s' hands

Israeli force kidnaps Lebanese civil naval officer in Batroun: Hamieh

  • By Al Mayadeen English
  • Source: Al Mayadeen
  • 2 Nov 2024 18:23
2 Min Read

Lebanese Minister of Public Works Ali Hamieh confirmed to Al Mayadeen that the kidnapped civilian from the Batroun region in northern Lebanon is a naval officer.

Listen
  • x
  • Released footage of the Israeli commandos attack on a Lebanese civilian in Batroun, northern Lebanon.
    Released footage of the Israeli commandos attack on a Lebanese civilian in Batroun, northern Lebanon

The individual kidnapped in the Batroun area of northern Lebanon is identified as Imad Amhaz, a civilian naval officer, the Lebanese Minister of Public Works in the caretaker government, Ali Hamieh, informed Al Mayadeen on Saturday.

Hamieh stated that "the kidnapping of Amhaz took place just 100 meters from his residence," noting that "there are ongoing talks with the Interim Force operating in southern Lebanon (UNIFIL) since they are in charge of monitoring the Lebanese coast."

The Lebanese Minister of Public Works posed a rhetorical question, "If it is proven that the kidnapping was carried out via a sea landing, then where is the enforcement of Resolution 1701?"

He emphasized that UNIFIL's mission is to periodically monitor the Lebanese coast from Naqoura to al-Arida.

Earlier on Saturday, CCTV footage was circulated in Lebanese media showing a troop of around 25 soldiers escorting a person near #Batroun in north Lebanon.

Some reports said that this was an Israeli unit abducting a person from a chalet near Batroun's shore, with some saying the… pic.twitter.com/zDDPuLLtN8

— Al Mayadeen English (@MayadeenEnglish) November 2, 2024

Meanwhile, a security source told Al Mayadeen, "The kidnapped individual in Batroun, northern Lebanon, is the captain of a civilian ship, not an officer in the Lebanese army."

The same source explained that "the occupation army carried out a landing operation in Batroun, in northern Lebanon," emphasizing that the kidnapped individual was a civilian naval officer.

Commenting on this serious incident, Hezbollah's Media Relations issued a statement addressing reports from the Al Hadath channel about what it claimed was "news attributed to a source in Hezbollah."

The party clarified that it does not operate through "sources" or any affiliated individuals or sides, who provide information to the news outlet in question and its likes.

Hezbollah emphasized that these channels "are blatantly and hostilely involved in the Zionist propaganda machine against our Resistance and our Lebanese people."

  • north Lebanon
  • Ali Hamieh
  • Batroun
  • Israeli aggression
  • Israel
  • Israeli occupation forces
  • Israeli occupation
  • Lebanon

Most Read

13 elite Israeli troops were wounded in a confrontations in Beit Jinn, Syria.

13 elite Israeli troops wounded in confrontations in southern Syria

  • West Asia
  • 28 Nov 2025
Hezbollah announces the martyrdom of Haitham al-Tabatabai

Hezbollah announces the martyrdom of commander Haitham Tabatabai

  • West Asia
  • 23 Nov 2025
Hezbollah publishes biography of martyred leader Haitham al-Tabatabai

Hezbollah publishes biography of martyred leader Haitham Tabatabai

  • Politics
  • 23 Nov 2025
Hezbollah releases the names of the four martyred with Tabatabai

Hezbollah releases the names of the 4 martyred alongside Tabatabai

  • West Asia
  • 24 Nov 2025

Coverage

All
In Five

Read Next

All
U.S. F-35 fighter jets fly over José Aponte de la Torre Airport in Ceiba, Puerto Rico, Friday, September 19, 2025. (AP Photo/Alejandro Granadillo)
Politics

Venezuela condemns US 'colonial-style' threat to national airspace

Palestinians walk through the destruction left by the Israeli air and ground offensive in Gaza City, Saturday, Nov. 29, 2025. (AP)
Politics

Gaza death toll exceeds 70,000 as Israeli crimes continue

Ireland removes name of former Israeli president from Dublin park
Europe

Ireland removes name of Ex. Israeli regime president from Dublin park

Gazan brothers Jomaa and Fadi Abu Assi, 8 and 9, in an undated photo (Social media)
Politics

Gaza: Two brothers, aged 8 and 9, killed by 'Israel' on their way home

Al Mayadeen English

Al Mayadeen is an Arab Independent Media Satellite Channel.

All Rights Reserved

  • x
  • Privacy Policy
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Authors
Android
iOS