Al Mayadeen English

  • Ar
  • Es
  • x
Al Mayadeen English

Slogan

  • News
    • Politics
    • Economy
    • Sports
    • Arts&Culture
    • Health
    • Miscellaneous
    • Technology
    • Environment
  • Articles
    • Opinion
    • Analysis
    • Blog
    • Features
  • Videos
    • NewsFeed
    • Video Features
    • Explainers
    • TV
    • Digital Series
  • Infographs
  • In Pictures
  • • LIVE
News
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Sports
  • Arts&Culture
  • Health
  • Miscellaneous
  • Technology
  • Environment
Articles
  • Opinion
  • Analysis
  • Blog
  • Features
Videos
  • NewsFeed
  • Video Features
  • Explainers
  • TV
  • Digital Series
Infographs
In Pictures
  • Africa
  • Asia
  • Asia-Pacific
  • Europe
  • Latin America
  • MENA
  • Palestine
  • US & Canada
BREAKING
Al Mayadeen's correspondent in South Lebanon: Israeli occupation targets bulldozer working to remove rubble of destroyed home in Shebaa.
IRGC sources tell Al Mayadeen that reports of Iranian missile strikes on northern Iraq are false, calling them rumors spread by enemy-linked media.
Trump: Venezuela airspace should be considered 'closed in its entirety'
AFP: Ukraine behind attack on Russian 'shadow fleet' tankers in Black Sea
Sheikh Qassem: We, our allies, the honorable in our nation, our people, and our army will never accept being subservient to the US or 'Israel'
Sheikh Qassem: They must despair, for whatever they do, this people cannot be defeated or broken, and we shall neither fall nor yield
Sheikh Qassem: Threats neither advance nor delay matters, yet the possibility of war or its absence exists because 'Israel' and the US are weighing their options
Sheikh Qassem: All these threats are simply a form of political pressure after a whole year of efforts proved ineffective
Sheikh Qassem: 'Israel's' 'servants' in Lebanon are few, but they cause problems by obstructing the country’s stability, growth, and liberation alongside the US and 'Israel'
Sheikh Qassem: Weapons block 'Israel’s' project, and anyone seeking disarmament plays into 'Israel’s' hands

Israeli military admits: 5 paratroopers killed, 8 injured in Jabalia

  • By Al Mayadeen English
  • Source: Israeli media
  • 16 May 2024 10:38
  • 2 Shares
3 Min Read

The Israeli military's spokesperson has released the most recent list of casualties that the occupation suffered in the Gaza Strip.

  • x
  • Israeli military admits: 5 paratroopers killed, 8 injured in Jabalia
    An anti-personnel explosive device explodes near a building where Israeli occupation troops were positioned in east Jabalia, the Gaza Strip, Palestine, on May 15, 2024. (Military Media of al-Qassam Brigades)

Five Israeli occupation troops from the 35th Paratroopers Brigade's 202nd Battalion were killed in Gaza's Jabalia refugee camp, while another eight were wounded, the occupation's military spokesperson announced on Thursday. 

The troops, which include one officer, were killed after the Palestinian Resistance detonated explosives that were previously laid in a building in Jabalia. 

In detail, the Israeli Ynet news website claims that fighters from the 82nd Armored Battalion spotted a gun barrel protruding from a building in the refugee camp and targeted the building with two shells. The Israeli news website said that the crew of the Israeli Merkava tank had no knowledge of the fact that the building was appropriated by the 202nd Battalion and turned into a command post.

Hence, Israeli media outlets claim that the shelling of the building killed five troops and injured another three by friendly fire. 

Read more: Resistance factions cause Israeli heavy losses during complex ops.

Israeli occupation suffers large casualties, withdraws from al-Zaytoun

On its part, the Palestinian Resistance had announced a number of composite operations targeting occupation forces in Rafah, Jabalia, and al-Zaytoun, which it says killed and injured multiple soldiers. Some of the operations conducted on Wednesday were recorded, authenticating several direct hits to occupation soldiers and armored vehicles all over the Gaza Strip. 

So far, the Israeli occupation has only released the names of 626 of its killed soldiers, while the number of casualties is expected to be larger. 

On Wednesday only, Israeli media outlets said that at least 23 Israeli troops were injured in confrontations in the Gaza Strip. These confrontations have forced the Israeli occupation to withdraw from al-Zaytoun, after launching yet another incursion into the Gaza City neighborhood in concurrence with its invasion of Rafah. 

Israeli occupation troops have told media outlets that military operations in northern Gaza have become aimless, as the Israeli government fails to set out a coherent long-term plan for its attacks on Palestinian towns. Despite the fact that the occupation's military had claimed that it had "cleared" these areas of Palestinian Resistance fighters and destroyed their tunnel infrastructure, the battlefield reveals a starkly different reality. 

The Palestinian Resistance's leadership continues to effectively command and control operations in northern regions, while its fighters utilize a maze of tunnels to lure in and attack occupation forces. 

Read more: Who is Mohammad Deif, the Resistance leader, bane of 'Israel'?

  • Gaza Strip
  • Palestine
  • Jabalia
  • Battle of Al-Aqsa Flood
  • Israel
  • Israeli occupation forces
  • Gaza

Most Read

13 elite Israeli troops were wounded in a confrontations in Beit Jinn, Syria.

13 elite Israeli troops wounded in confrontations in southern Syria

  • West Asia
  • 28 Nov 2025
Hezbollah announces the martyrdom of Haitham al-Tabatabai

Hezbollah announces the martyrdom of commander Haitham Tabatabai

  • West Asia
  • 23 Nov 2025
Hezbollah publishes biography of martyred leader Haitham al-Tabatabai

Hezbollah publishes biography of martyred leader Haitham Tabatabai

  • Politics
  • 23 Nov 2025
Hezbollah releases the names of the four martyred with Tabatabai

Hezbollah releases the names of the 4 martyred alongside Tabatabai

  • West Asia
  • 24 Nov 2025

Coverage

All
In Five

Read Next

All
U.S. F-35 fighter jets fly over José Aponte de la Torre Airport in Ceiba, Puerto Rico, Friday, September 19, 2025. (AP Photo/Alejandro Granadillo)
Politics

Venezuela condemns US 'colonial-style' threat to national airspace

Palestinians walk through the destruction left by the Israeli air and ground offensive in Gaza City, Saturday, Nov. 29, 2025. (AP)
Politics

Gaza death toll exceeds 70,000 as Israeli crimes continue

Ireland removes name of former Israeli president from Dublin park
Europe

Ireland removes name of Ex. Israeli regime president from Dublin park

Gazan brothers Jomaa and Fadi Abu Assi, 8 and 9, in an undated photo (Social media)
Politics

Gaza: Two brothers, aged 8 and 9, killed by 'Israel' on their way home

Al Mayadeen English

Al Mayadeen is an Arab Independent Media Satellite Channel.

All Rights Reserved

  • x
  • Privacy Policy
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Authors
Android
iOS