Al Mayadeen English

  • Ar
  • Es
  • x
Al Mayadeen English

Slogan

  • News
    • Politics
    • Economy
    • Sports
    • Arts&Culture
    • Health
    • Miscellaneous
    • Technology
    • Environment
  • Articles
    • Opinion
    • Analysis
    • Blog
    • Features
  • Videos
    • NewsFeed
    • Video Features
    • Explainers
    • TV
    • Digital Series
  • Infographs
  • In Pictures
  • • LIVE
News
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Sports
  • Arts&Culture
  • Health
  • Miscellaneous
  • Technology
  • Environment
Articles
  • Opinion
  • Analysis
  • Blog
  • Features
Videos
  • NewsFeed
  • Video Features
  • Explainers
  • TV
  • Digital Series
Infographs
In Pictures
  • Africa
  • Asia
  • Asia-Pacific
  • Europe
  • Latin America
  • MENA
  • Palestine
  • US & Canada
BREAKING
Al Mayadeen's correspondent in South Lebanon: Israeli occupation targets bulldozer working to remove rubble of destroyed home in Shebaa.
IRGC sources tell Al Mayadeen that reports of Iranian missile strikes on northern Iraq are false, calling them rumors spread by enemy-linked media.
Trump: Venezuela airspace should be considered 'closed in its entirety'
AFP: Ukraine behind attack on Russian 'shadow fleet' tankers in Black Sea
Sheikh Qassem: We, our allies, the honorable in our nation, our people, and our army will never accept being subservient to the US or 'Israel'
Sheikh Qassem: They must despair, for whatever they do, this people cannot be defeated or broken, and we shall neither fall nor yield
Sheikh Qassem: Threats neither advance nor delay matters, yet the possibility of war or its absence exists because 'Israel' and the US are weighing their options
Sheikh Qassem: All these threats are simply a form of political pressure after a whole year of efforts proved ineffective
Sheikh Qassem: 'Israel's' 'servants' in Lebanon are few, but they cause problems by obstructing the country’s stability, growth, and liberation alongside the US and 'Israel'
Sheikh Qassem: Weapons block 'Israel’s' project, and anyone seeking disarmament plays into 'Israel’s' hands

Kremlin: Kiev calls to ban Russians 'off the charts'

  • By Al Mayadeen English
  • Source: Agencies
  • 9 Aug 2022 21:06
3 Min Read

As Kiev calls to ban Russians, Kremlin Spokesperson Dmitry Peskov said "the irrationality of thinking, in this case, is off the charts".

  • x
  • Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky
    Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky

The Kremlin said, on Tuesday, that Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky's proposal to ban all Russians from visiting Western countries was "out of the charts" and viewed "extremely negatively" by Moscow.

The Kremlin's remarks came after Zelenzky told The Washington Post that current Western sanctions against Moscow are too weak, and the West should close its borders to Russians.

Kremlin Spokesperson Dmitry Peskov said that "the irrationality of thinking, in this case, is off the charts".

"This can only be viewed extremely negatively."

"Any attempt to isolate Russians or Russia is a process that has no prospects," Peskov added.

Zelensky told the Post that “irrespective of their political stance, Russians should live in their own world until they change their philosophy."

His remarks stand in stark contrast to the first days of Moscow's military intervention in Ukraine when Zelensky reached out to Russia-based Kremlin critics, in Russian.

Last week, Russia's neighbor Finland announced a plan to limit tourist visas for Russians but also emphasized the importance of an EU-level decision on the issue.

Earlier today, Estonian Prime Minister Kaja Kallas called on all members of the Schengen zone on Tuesday to stop issuing visas for Russians, saying it was "time to end Russian tourism."

"Stop issuing tourist visas to Russians. Visiting Europe is a privilege, not a human right," she tweeted.

On its account, the French Defense Ministry also announced that Russian nationals are not permitted to visit the Chateau de Vincennes in Paris, a major tourist attraction.

However, the French Ministry said, on Tuesday, as quoted by AFP that the castle guards had "indiscriminately applied a rule established in February concerning all military installations."

"This rule cannot be applied in the same way for strategic sites and for sites accessible to the public, such as museums," a spokesperson said.

The Ministry claimed that security staff would now be informed of the distinction "to avoid any further incidents of this kind".

Peskov also recalled events in the run-up to and during World War II.

"In their unfriendliness, many of these countries slip into forgetfulness," he said.

"And they resort to statements that we heard from several European countries in the center of Europe 80 years ago," he added.

  • Kiev
  • Russia
  • Ukraine
  • Dmitry Peskov

Most Read

13 elite Israeli troops were wounded in a confrontations in Beit Jinn, Syria.

13 elite Israeli troops wounded in confrontations in southern Syria

  • West Asia
  • 28 Nov 2025
Hezbollah announces the martyrdom of Haitham al-Tabatabai

Hezbollah announces the martyrdom of commander Haitham Tabatabai

  • West Asia
  • 23 Nov 2025
Hezbollah publishes biography of martyred leader Haitham al-Tabatabai

Hezbollah publishes biography of martyred leader Haitham Tabatabai

  • Politics
  • 23 Nov 2025
Hezbollah releases the names of the four martyred with Tabatabai

Hezbollah releases the names of the 4 martyred alongside Tabatabai

  • West Asia
  • 24 Nov 2025

Coverage

All
In Five

Read Next

All
U.S. F-35 fighter jets fly over José Aponte de la Torre Airport in Ceiba, Puerto Rico, Friday, September 19, 2025. (AP Photo/Alejandro Granadillo)
Politics

Venezuela condemns US 'colonial-style' threat to national airspace

Palestinians walk through the destruction left by the Israeli air and ground offensive in Gaza City, Saturday, Nov. 29, 2025. (AP)
Politics

Gaza death toll exceeds 70,000 as Israeli crimes continue

Ireland removes name of former Israeli president from Dublin park
Europe

Ireland removes name of Ex. Israeli regime president from Dublin park

Gazan brothers Jomaa and Fadi Abu Assi, 8 and 9, in an undated photo (Social media)
Politics

Gaza: Two brothers, aged 8 and 9, killed by 'Israel' on their way home

Al Mayadeen English

Al Mayadeen is an Arab Independent Media Satellite Channel.

All Rights Reserved

  • x
  • Privacy Policy
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Authors
Android
iOS