Al Mayadeen English

  • Ar
  • Es
  • x
Al Mayadeen English

Slogan

  • News
    • Politics
    • Economy
    • Sports
    • Arts&Culture
    • Health
    • Miscellaneous
    • Technology
    • Environment
  • Articles
    • Opinion
    • Analysis
    • Blog
    • Features
  • Videos
    • NewsFeed
    • Video Features
    • Explainers
    • TV
    • Digital Series
  • Infographs
  • In Pictures
  • • LIVE
News
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Sports
  • Arts&Culture
  • Health
  • Miscellaneous
  • Technology
  • Environment
Articles
  • Opinion
  • Analysis
  • Blog
  • Features
Videos
  • NewsFeed
  • Video Features
  • Explainers
  • TV
  • Digital Series
Infographs
In Pictures
  • Africa
  • Asia
  • Asia-Pacific
  • Europe
  • Latin America
  • MENA
  • Palestine
  • US & Canada
BREAKING
Al Mayadeen's correspondent in South Lebanon: Israeli occupation targets bulldozer working to remove rubble of destroyed home in Shebaa.
IRGC sources tell Al Mayadeen that reports of Iranian missile strikes on northern Iraq are false, calling them rumors spread by enemy-linked media.
Trump: Venezuela airspace should be considered 'closed in its entirety'
AFP: Ukraine behind attack on Russian 'shadow fleet' tankers in Black Sea
Sheikh Qassem: We, our allies, the honorable in our nation, our people, and our army will never accept being subservient to the US or 'Israel'
Sheikh Qassem: They must despair, for whatever they do, this people cannot be defeated or broken, and we shall neither fall nor yield
Sheikh Qassem: Threats neither advance nor delay matters, yet the possibility of war or its absence exists because 'Israel' and the US are weighing their options
Sheikh Qassem: All these threats are simply a form of political pressure after a whole year of efforts proved ineffective
Sheikh Qassem: 'Israel's' 'servants' in Lebanon are few, but they cause problems by obstructing the country’s stability, growth, and liberation alongside the US and 'Israel'
Sheikh Qassem: Weapons block 'Israel’s' project, and anyone seeking disarmament plays into 'Israel’s' hands

Libya's Dbeibeh affirms rejection of any form of normalization

  • By Al Mayadeen English
  • Source: Agencies
  • 1 Sep 2023 08:32
3 Min Read

The head of Libya's Government of National Unity says the details of the secret meeting between al-Mangoush and Cohen will be unveiled through the ongoing investigations.

  • x
  • Libya
    The head of Libya's Government of National Unity, Abdul Hamid Dbeibeh, during a meeting in Tripoli, on August 31, 2023 (Government of National Unity)

The head of Libya's Government of National Unity, Abdul Hamid Dbeibeh, expressed on Thursday his rejection of normalization with the Zionist entity, in any form, following last week's controversy over his Foreign Minister's secret meeting with the Israeli occupation's Foreign Minister Eli Cohen in the Italian capital, Rome.

During a televised cabinet meeting in the capital, Tripoli, Dbeibeh stressed Libyan Foreign Minister Najla al-Mangoush's bias toward the interests of the people and defending the interests of the country. He continued that this requires her to bear the consequences of the latest violation, adding that the details of what happened in Rome will be unveiled through the ongoing investigations.

Dbeibeh described al-Mangoush's secret meeting with Cohen as a "big deal", even if it was a "side meeting", claiming that there were some "sides that exploited the incident to settle political scores and cause chaos in the country."

"We affirm our rejection of any form of normalization," Dbeibeh said.

"Long live Libya, long live Palestine, and long live the Palestinian cause in all of our hearts."

It is noteworthy that al-Mangoush's office claimed that the meeting took place with the permission of Dbeibeh.

The Libyan National Authority against Normalization and Supporting the Resistance previously condemned al-Mangoush's secret meeting in Rome with "one of the criminals of the Israeli entity," in reference to Cohen, demanding that legal measures be taken against her and Dbeibeh, in addition to passing a law criminalizing normalization.

Against the backdrop of al-Mangoush's meeting with the Israeli occupation Foreign Minister, Dbeibeh issued a decision to officially dismiss the country's top diplomat and refer her to an investigation.

On Wednesday, media reports revealed that al-Mangoush had fled Libya to Turkey after news about her meeting with Cohen broke out, as the scandal sparked protests in Tripoli and other Libyan cities.

Angry #Libyans took to the streets after last week’s meeting between the foreign ministers of "Israel" and #Libya was exposed. pic.twitter.com/VrwWGrBOUp

— Al Mayadeen English (@MayadeenEnglish) August 28, 2023

Israeli media reported that the US administration conveyed its strong protest to the Israeli occupation government after the news about the secret meeting was revealed, pointing out that the revelation severely harms Washington’s efforts to work toward normalization.

Read more: After Libya controversy, Netanyahu says must approve secret meetings

  • Normalization with Israel
  • Libya
  • Israel
  • Abdul Hamid Dbeibeh
  • Tripoli
  • Najla Al-Mangoush
  • Eli Cohen

Most Read

13 elite Israeli troops were wounded in a confrontations in Beit Jinn, Syria.

13 elite Israeli troops wounded in confrontations in southern Syria

  • West Asia
  • 28 Nov 2025
Hezbollah announces the martyrdom of Haitham al-Tabatabai

Hezbollah announces the martyrdom of commander Haitham Tabatabai

  • West Asia
  • 23 Nov 2025
Hezbollah publishes biography of martyred leader Haitham al-Tabatabai

Hezbollah publishes biography of martyred leader Haitham Tabatabai

  • Politics
  • 23 Nov 2025
Hezbollah releases the names of the four martyred with Tabatabai

Hezbollah releases the names of the 4 martyred alongside Tabatabai

  • West Asia
  • 24 Nov 2025

Coverage

All
In Five

Read Next

All
U.S. F-35 fighter jets fly over José Aponte de la Torre Airport in Ceiba, Puerto Rico, Friday, September 19, 2025. (AP Photo/Alejandro Granadillo)
Politics

Venezuela condemns US 'colonial-style' threat to national airspace

Palestinians walk through the destruction left by the Israeli air and ground offensive in Gaza City, Saturday, Nov. 29, 2025. (AP)
Politics

Gaza death toll exceeds 70,000 as Israeli crimes continue

Ireland removes name of former Israeli president from Dublin park
Europe

Ireland removes name of Ex. Israeli regime president from Dublin park

Gazan brothers Jomaa and Fadi Abu Assi, 8 and 9, in an undated photo (Social media)
Politics

Gaza: Two brothers, aged 8 and 9, killed by 'Israel' on their way home

Al Mayadeen English

Al Mayadeen is an Arab Independent Media Satellite Channel.

All Rights Reserved

  • x
  • Privacy Policy
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Authors
Android
iOS