Al Mayadeen English

  • Ar
  • Es
  • x
Al Mayadeen English

Slogan

  • News
    • Politics
    • Economy
    • Sports
    • Arts&Culture
    • Health
    • Miscellaneous
    • Technology
    • Environment
  • Articles
    • Opinion
    • Analysis
    • Blog
    • Features
  • Videos
    • NewsFeed
    • Video Features
    • Explainers
    • TV
    • Digital Series
  • Infographs
  • In Pictures
  • • LIVE
News
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Sports
  • Arts&Culture
  • Health
  • Miscellaneous
  • Technology
  • Environment
Articles
  • Opinion
  • Analysis
  • Blog
  • Features
Videos
  • NewsFeed
  • Video Features
  • Explainers
  • TV
  • Digital Series
Infographs
In Pictures
  • Africa
  • Asia
  • Asia-Pacific
  • Europe
  • Latin America
  • MENA
  • Palestine
  • US & Canada
BREAKING
Al Mayadeen's correspondent in South Lebanon: Israeli occupation targets bulldozer working to remove rubble of destroyed home in Shebaa.
IRGC sources tell Al Mayadeen that reports of Iranian missile strikes on northern Iraq are false, calling them rumors spread by enemy-linked media.
Trump: Venezuela airspace should be considered 'closed in its entirety'
AFP: Ukraine behind attack on Russian 'shadow fleet' tankers in Black Sea
Sheikh Qassem: We, our allies, the honorable in our nation, our people, and our army will never accept being subservient to the US or 'Israel'
Sheikh Qassem: They must despair, for whatever they do, this people cannot be defeated or broken, and we shall neither fall nor yield
Sheikh Qassem: Threats neither advance nor delay matters, yet the possibility of war or its absence exists because 'Israel' and the US are weighing their options
Sheikh Qassem: All these threats are simply a form of political pressure after a whole year of efforts proved ineffective
Sheikh Qassem: 'Israel's' 'servants' in Lebanon are few, but they cause problems by obstructing the country’s stability, growth, and liberation alongside the US and 'Israel'
Sheikh Qassem: Weapons block 'Israel’s' project, and anyone seeking disarmament plays into 'Israel’s' hands

No agreement has been reached yet: Top Palestinian Resistance official

  • By Al Mayadeen English
  • Source: Al Mayadeen
  • 1 Feb 2024 21:42
  • 9 Shares
3 Min Read

A top Palestinian Resistance official has clarified the current situation on a mediated deal between "Israel" and the Palestinian Resistance.

  • x
  • No agreement has been reached yet: Top Palestinian Resistance official
    A Palestinian waves the flag of Palestine during a demonstration in the occupied al-Naqab Desert in occupied Palestine, on the 40th anniversary of Land Day, on March 30, 2016. (AP)

A leading figure from the Palestinian Resistance factions revealed that no agreement around a ceasefire deal has been reached yet.

The remarks come after news outlets reported that Hamas had approved in principle the most recent ceasefire proposal made by Qatari officials. The official described the statement made by the Qatari Foreign Ministry as rushed and inaccurate.

The official explained that the party he represents had "received a message from the Hamas leadership regarding the framework paper that was presented based on the Paris meeting."

It is worth noting that the meeting came up with a momentary ceasefire proposal, which included a three-stage prisoner exchange deal. The meeting was attended by William Burns, the Central Intelligence Agency director, and top Egyptian, Israeli, and Qatari officials.

Read more: What does the Paris document entail?

The leading figure said, "There is no agreement on the framework yet, and Hamas has important remarks (regarding the proposal)."

Hamas officials had announced earlier that its representatives would submit a unified response in Cario, Egypt that represents all Palestinian Resistance factions.

"To date, no delegation from the Hamas leadership has traveled to Cairo, and no date has been set for meetings yet," the top official said.

As reiterated on previous occasions, the official said the Paris Document is currently being studied "based on the agreed-upon national constants."

"The priority will be for a comprehensive cessation of aggression, a complete withdrawal of occupation forces from Gaza, securing shelters for the displaced, and completing a serious exchange process," the official explained.

He further stressed that "Zionist media outlets are dissipating fabricated and false news to stir up public opinion about the negotiations."

Finally, the official said Egypt and Qatar have unified mediation efforts.

A Qatari official had also told Reuters, "There is no deal yet. Hamas has received the proposal positively but we are waiting for their response."

Meanwhile, the media advisor to the head of the Hamas political bureau told Reuters that the group received the Paris truce proposal for a ceasefire and release of hostages in Gaza, but "we haven't given a response to the Gaza truce proposal," adding, "It is still being studied."

"We can't say that the current stage of negotiation is zero and at the same time we cannot say that we have reached an agreement," Taher al-Nono said.

Read more: Exclusive-Hamas, PIJ: No one can force terms on Palestinian Resistance

  • Gaza Strip
  • Operation Al-Aqsa Flood
  • Egypt
  • Israeli aggression
  • Israel
  • Gaza genocide
  • Israeli occupation
  • Ceasefire in Gaza
  • Hamas
  • Gaza
  • Qatar

Most Read

13 elite Israeli troops were wounded in a confrontations in Beit Jinn, Syria.

13 elite Israeli troops wounded in confrontations in southern Syria

  • West Asia
  • 28 Nov 2025
Hezbollah announces the martyrdom of Haitham al-Tabatabai

Hezbollah announces the martyrdom of commander Haitham Tabatabai

  • West Asia
  • 23 Nov 2025
Hezbollah publishes biography of martyred leader Haitham al-Tabatabai

Hezbollah publishes biography of martyred leader Haitham Tabatabai

  • Politics
  • 23 Nov 2025
Hezbollah releases the names of the four martyred with Tabatabai

Hezbollah releases the names of the 4 martyred alongside Tabatabai

  • West Asia
  • 24 Nov 2025

Coverage

All
In Five

Read Next

All
U.S. F-35 fighter jets fly over José Aponte de la Torre Airport in Ceiba, Puerto Rico, Friday, September 19, 2025. (AP Photo/Alejandro Granadillo)
Politics

Venezuela condemns US 'colonial-style' threat to national airspace

Palestinians walk through the destruction left by the Israeli air and ground offensive in Gaza City, Saturday, Nov. 29, 2025. (AP)
Politics

Gaza death toll exceeds 70,000 as Israeli crimes continue

Ireland removes name of former Israeli president from Dublin park
Europe

Ireland removes name of Ex. Israeli regime president from Dublin park

Gazan brothers Jomaa and Fadi Abu Assi, 8 and 9, in an undated photo (Social media)
Politics

Gaza: Two brothers, aged 8 and 9, killed by 'Israel' on their way home

Al Mayadeen English

Al Mayadeen is an Arab Independent Media Satellite Channel.

All Rights Reserved

  • x
  • Privacy Policy
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Authors
Android
iOS