Al Mayadeen English

  • Ar
  • Es
  • x
Al Mayadeen English

Slogan

  • News
    • Politics
    • Economy
    • Sports
    • Arts&Culture
    • Health
    • Miscellaneous
    • Technology
    • Environment
  • Articles
    • Opinion
    • Analysis
    • Blog
    • Features
  • Videos
    • NewsFeed
    • Video Features
    • Explainers
    • TV
    • Digital Series
  • Infographs
  • In Pictures
  • • LIVE
News
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Sports
  • Arts&Culture
  • Health
  • Miscellaneous
  • Technology
  • Environment
Articles
  • Opinion
  • Analysis
  • Blog
  • Features
Videos
  • NewsFeed
  • Video Features
  • Explainers
  • TV
  • Digital Series
Infographs
In Pictures
  • Africa
  • Asia
  • Asia-Pacific
  • Europe
  • Latin America
  • MENA
  • Palestine
  • US & Canada
BREAKING
Al Mayadeen's correspondent in South Lebanon: Israeli occupation targets bulldozer working to remove rubble of destroyed home in Shebaa.
IRGC sources tell Al Mayadeen that reports of Iranian missile strikes on northern Iraq are false, calling them rumors spread by enemy-linked media.
Trump: Venezuela airspace should be considered 'closed in its entirety'
AFP: Ukraine behind attack on Russian 'shadow fleet' tankers in Black Sea
Sheikh Qassem: We, our allies, the honorable in our nation, our people, and our army will never accept being subservient to the US or 'Israel'
Sheikh Qassem: They must despair, for whatever they do, this people cannot be defeated or broken, and we shall neither fall nor yield
Sheikh Qassem: Threats neither advance nor delay matters, yet the possibility of war or its absence exists because 'Israel' and the US are weighing their options
Sheikh Qassem: All these threats are simply a form of political pressure after a whole year of efforts proved ineffective
Sheikh Qassem: 'Israel's' 'servants' in Lebanon are few, but they cause problems by obstructing the country’s stability, growth, and liberation alongside the US and 'Israel'
Sheikh Qassem: Weapons block 'Israel’s' project, and anyone seeking disarmament plays into 'Israel’s' hands

Nord Stream saboteurs to surprise many in EU: Kremlin

  • By Al Mayadeen English
  • Source: Al Mayadeen English + Agencies
  • 22 Oct 2022 00:41
  • 2 Shares
3 Min Read

The Kremlin Spokesperson says Moscow is facing a wall of resistance from relevant countries preventing it from joining the investigation into the Nord Stream pipeline attack.

  • x
  • Kremlin spokesperson Dmitry Peskov.
    Kremlin Spokesperson Dmitry Peskov

Kremlin Spokesperson Dmitry Peskov said on Friday that the truth behind who sabotaged Nord Stream will surprise many in the EU countries if exposed, however, so far some countries are showing unwillingness to cooperate and are preventing Russia from participating in the investigations.

"We work through diplomatic channels. It [the work] is being conducted, it is being conducted very intensively with the mentioned countries, but so far, we bump into the wall of unwillingness to somehow interact and unwillingness to get together to the truth, which will surely surprise many in these European countries if it is made public," Peskov told the reporters, adding that Russia currently lacks new information on the investigation as it is prevented from taking part in it.

Read more: US benefited most from Nord Stream pipelines damages: Lavrov

A few days ago, Peskov stated that the Kremlin regrets that the investigation into the Nord Stream terrorist attack is taking place behind closed doors and without interaction with Russia.

"One can only express regret that this entire investigation process is taking place in a very, very closed mode, without admission to participation, without interaction with the Russian side, and it is a co-owner of this pipeline system," Peskov said, adding that "the way it looks from a public perspective, at least according to the statements that we hear, from Germany, from France, from Denmark — this investigation is a priori adjusted to lay responsibility on Russia. This is absurd."

Read more: Russia detains saboteurs trying to blow up TurkStream

Earlier in October, Russian Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Maria Zakharova questioned the reason behind the decision not to include Moscow in the investigations.

Zakharova stated that, "this can only be explained in one way — they probably know who did it, so Moscow's opinion is simply not interesting, because the suspect has already been identified, and it is already possible to bring him to justice."

This comes after the Nord Stream gas pipelines were damaged by two explosions first, followed by a third and then a fourth, according to Danish officials during a NATO conference on September 28, with the first two caused by the force of around 1,100 pounds (500 kilograms) of TNT each, according to The Wall Street Journal, citing persons familiar with the case.

Investigators from Russia's Federal Security Service (FSB) later started a criminal investigation into the blasts dealing with it as an act of international terrorism. It is currently impossible to figure out how long it will take to restore the pipelines to operational capacity.

  • Russia
  • gas
  • Dmitry Peskov
  • Ukraine
  • Nord Stream
  • European Union

Most Read

13 elite Israeli troops were wounded in a confrontations in Beit Jinn, Syria.

13 elite Israeli troops wounded in confrontations in southern Syria

  • West Asia
  • 28 Nov 2025
Hezbollah announces the martyrdom of Haitham al-Tabatabai

Hezbollah announces the martyrdom of commander Haitham Tabatabai

  • West Asia
  • 23 Nov 2025
Hezbollah publishes biography of martyred leader Haitham al-Tabatabai

Hezbollah publishes biography of martyred leader Haitham Tabatabai

  • Politics
  • 23 Nov 2025
Hezbollah releases the names of the four martyred with Tabatabai

Hezbollah releases the names of the 4 martyred alongside Tabatabai

  • West Asia
  • 24 Nov 2025

Coverage

All
In Five

Read Next

All
U.S. F-35 fighter jets fly over José Aponte de la Torre Airport in Ceiba, Puerto Rico, Friday, September 19, 2025. (AP Photo/Alejandro Granadillo)
Politics

Venezuela condemns US 'colonial-style' threat to national airspace

Palestinians walk through the destruction left by the Israeli air and ground offensive in Gaza City, Saturday, Nov. 29, 2025. (AP)
Politics

Gaza death toll exceeds 70,000 as Israeli crimes continue

Ireland removes name of former Israeli president from Dublin park
Europe

Ireland removes name of Ex. Israeli regime president from Dublin park

Gazan brothers Jomaa and Fadi Abu Assi, 8 and 9, in an undated photo (Social media)
Politics

Gaza: Two brothers, aged 8 and 9, killed by 'Israel' on their way home

Al Mayadeen English

Al Mayadeen is an Arab Independent Media Satellite Channel.

All Rights Reserved

  • x
  • Privacy Policy
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Authors
Android
iOS