Palestinian Resistance factions respond to Al-Aqsa assaults
Palestinian resistance factions have responded to the assaults on Al-Aqsa, confirming that the holy site will be defended from the occupiers at all costs.
Sources in the Palestinian Resistance told Al Mayadeen that the Resistance is closely monitoring the events and developments in Al-Aqsa.
Israeli occupation forces violently stormed Al-Aqsa Mosque at dawn on Friday, emptying it of worshippers.
According to Al Mayadeen's correspondent, occupation forces fired sound grenades, teargas, and rubber-coated metal bullets at worshippers, injuring a number of them.
According to sources, the Resistance's decision to defend Al-Aqsa is clear, as well as preventing its partition or Judaization.
The Resistance stressed that the stupidity of the Israeli occupation and its misjudgment of the situation will cause the situation to explode.
The head of the political bureau of Hamas, Ismail Haniyeh, stated that there are only two options: either the occupation, along with its brutality, remains in Al-Aqsa, or the mosque is defended and the occupation is repelled.
الشبان يتصدون لقوات الاحتلال التي تواصل اقتحامها للمسجد الأقصى pic.twitter.com/jUIngot0Ti— AlQastal القسطل (@AlQastalps) April 15, 2022
In a statement Friday following the assault, Haniyeh stressed that the Palestinian people and the Islamic nation have decided to defend and protect the blessed Mosque.
The Secretary-General of the Palestinian National Initiative, Mustafa Barghouti, warned of an explosive situation as a result of the attacks carried out by the occupation on Al-Aqsa Mosque.
He stressed that the occupation prevented thousands of Palestinians from reaching the Mosque and asked how normalization can ever be possible with those who attack worshippers.
Barghouti stressed that there will be no peace until Palestine is liberated.
The Secretary-General of the #Palestinian National Initiative, Mustafa Barghouti, to #AlMayadeen: "The Israeli occupation forces oppressed and persecuted Palestinians in #AlQuds and #AlAqsaMosque today."#AlAqsaUnderAttack #Palestine https://t.co/ULoOmtwYb3— Al Mayadeen English (@MayadeenEnglish) April 15, 2022
On his account, Sheikh Ekrima Sabri, the head of the Supreme Islamic Council in Al-Quds, stated that what occurred at the mosque was premeditated and compared what took place to the destruction that occurred last year during the same time.
The head of the Supreme Islamic Council in #AlQuds, Sheikh Ekrima Sabri, told #AlMayadeen: "What happened after the dawn prayer today was all staged, and the Israeli occupation forces stayed overnight to pave the way for the settlers' storming."#AlAqsaMosque #AlAqsaUnderAttack https://t.co/c0ZcrfoIaC— Al Mayadeen English (@MayadeenEnglish) April 15, 2022
Hamas Spokesperson Fawzi Barhoum called the youth who confronted the occupation forces heroes and emphasized that the people will triumph in their battle to protect Al-Aqsa Mosque.
He stressed that the people in Al-Quds were not alone and had the support of all of Palestine.
The Islamic Jihad issued a statement in which it considered the assault an evil attack for which the occupation will bear full responsibility.
The movement threatened the occupation and stated that unless "Israel" ends the aggression against the Palestinian people, the confrontation will be closer and much more difficult than it believes.
The movement called for Friday prayer gatherings at Al-Aqsa despite the aggression.
A video showing the #Palestinian worshippers who were arrested by the Israeli occupation forces from Al-Qibli prayer hall in #AlAqsa Mosque.#AlQuds #Palestine #AlAqsaUnderAttack https://t.co/kZSWjMhLfD— Al Mayadeen English (@MayadeenEnglish) April 15, 2022
The Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine issued a statement in which it considered the storming of Al-Aqsa Mosque a dangerous escalation and condemned the silence of the international community while calling for support from the Arab world to urgently support Al-Quds and Palestine.
The Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine confirmed that Resistance in all its forms is the only way to ensure the liberation of Palestine.
The Ahrar Movement Spokesperson Yasser Khalaf disclosed that the aggression is seeking to vacate Al-Aqsa from Palestinians to perform Talmudic rituals and warned that the events shall not pass lightly. He warned that the occupation will bear the repercussions of its aggression on Al-Aqsa and called for rallies in the face of the occupation and confronting the Zionist entity.
Waed Association, which deals with prisoners' affairs, issued a statement saying that arresting the already wounded in the squares of Al-Aqsa despite their severe injuries is a war crime that calls for intervention from international bodies.
On his part, Theodosius Atallah Hanna, the Archbishop of Sebastia from the Greek Orthodox Patriarchate of occupied Palestine said in a statement to Al Mayadeen considered the ongoing events in Al-Aqsa as an encroachment on all of Palestine. He said, "This land is ours, and we will never succumb to the will of the Israeli occupation," stressing that the response to the attacks and infringements on sanctities is national unity.