Patience of Yemeni people has limits: Sanaa
The Head of Yemen's Supreme Political Council says that there will be no truce with Saudi-led aggressors unless righteous demands are met.
The head of the Supreme Political Council in Yemen, Mahdi Al-Mashat, confirmed on Thursday that, "there can be no truce if the other side does not respond to the just and righteous demands of the Yemeni people, mainly by paying the salaries of all state employees and opening all airports and ports."
Al-Mashat added that, "the patience of the Yemeni people has limits, and they may be forced to take steps to preserve their interests," stressing that, "there is no way to back down from protecting the oil and gas wealth of the Yemeni people."
Read more: 11,000+ children killed or maimed during war on Yemen
Al-Mashat expressed his deep dissatisfaction with the negative role played by the United States and the UK in Yemen and with the role of the "UN envoy that goes in parallel with the misinformation campaigns led by (these) countries."
The President of the Supreme Political Council appreciated, "the efforts of the brothers in the Sultanate of Oman, and their positive role in achieving the honorable peace, which all the Yemeni people aspire to."
Earlier this month, member of the political bureau of the Yemeni Ansar Allah movement, Ali Al-Qahoum, told Al-Mayadeen that "the US is playing a dangerous game as it conspires with British engineers and insists on pursuing a policy of aggression while impeding the national peace process."
Read more: Yemen: About 14,000 women, children victims of 8 years of aggression
Al-Qahoum stressed that "the American and British tendencies to keep the conflict ongoing, go on with the aggression, impose more blockade measures, and consolidate the 'no war, no peace' status demand the utmost national responsibility of enhancing steadfastness."
"If the Americans insist on aggression and blockade, the response will be in a way that achieves the required effect and sufficient pressure on the aggressor, whoever it may be," he added.
In his turn, the Minister of Defense in the Sanaa government, Major General Muhammad Al-Atifi, stressed that "the armed forces have taken appropriate measures to ensure that they deal forcefully and firmly with any development that poses a threat or harm to Yemen's national and maritime sovereignty."
Read more: We are fully prepared if enemies decide to escalate, Al-Houthi warns
On August 4, the Yemeni news agency Saba reported that the Saudi-led coalition looted crude oil and gas revenues in Yemen, "equivalent to the salaries of all state employees for a period of 7 months."
In March 2015, Saudi Arabia unleashed a catastrophic war on Yemen in coordination with its Arab allies and with arms and logistical backing from the United States and other Western countries.
Despite the fact that the Saudi-led coalition has failed to achieve any of its goals, the war has killed hundreds of thousands of Yemenis and created the world's worst humanitarian disaster.
It's noteworthy that the Sanaa government accuses the Saudi war coalition in particular of looting Yemen's wealth and depriving Yemen state employees of their salaries and basic financial rights.