Sanaa records 63 new Hudaydah accord violations by Saudi-led coalition
A Sanaa government source says the Yemeni army and popular committees thwarted an attempt by Saudi coalition-led fighters in Taiz.
The Yemeni Army and Popular Committees thwarted an infiltration attempt by the Saudi-led coalition in the Maqbana district, west of Taiz, a Sanaa government military source said on Thursday.
"The forces of aggression and their mercenaries committed 63 new violations of the Al-Hudaydah agreement during the past 24 hours," the source said.
"The Saudi-led coalition forces bombed the areas controlled by the army and the committees south of Al-Hudaydah with 11 artillery shells," he underlined.
A report that came out in January disclosed some serious statistics of casualties in Yemen due to the US-Saudi-led coalition which has been regularly bombing civilian areas since 2015.
Yemen, one of the poorest countries in the world, has for 14 consecutive months (January 2021 to the end of February 2022) endured more than four armed attacks on civilians on a daily basis, the Oxfam report states.
The report found that air raids carried out by the US-UK-Saudi-led coalition were using weapons solely supplied by the UK and the US.
It found that the use of these weapons accounted for about a quarter of all attacks on civilians, which amounted to 1,700 attacks on Yemenis that either killed them, wounded them, or forced them to be displaced.
They also found that between the period of January 2021 to the end of February 2022, the US-UK-Saudi-led coalition was responsible for at least: 87 civilian deaths and 136 injuries; 19 attacks on hospitals, clinics, and ambulances; and 293 attacks that forced people to flee their homes – 39% of all attacks causing displacement.
Two civilians were killed in the Shadaa District, located in the north of Yemen, as the Saudi-led coalition renewed its shelling of the district that lies on the Yemeni-Saudi borders, Al Mayadeen's correspondent to Yemen in late January.
The area has been ongoing shelling for weeks now in light of indirect talks between Saudi Arabia and Yemen regarding an armistice after their former agreement expired.
One Yemeni civilian was killed and 11 others were injured as a result of the renewed artillery shelling of the Saudi-led coalition on Shada earlier in the month.
According to the Ministry of Health, 285 civilians were killed and 2,973 others were wounded, including African migrants, as a result of the missile and artillery shelling of the Saudi-led coalition on the border areas west of Saada.
It is noteworthy that a human rights report issued late last month documented "the crimes of the US-Saudi aggression during the year 2022" and indicated that the total number of victims reached 3,083; 643 martyrs and 2,440 injuries.