Al Mayadeen English

  • Ar
  • Es
  • x
Al Mayadeen English

Slogan

  • News
    • Politics
    • Economy
    • Sports
    • Arts&Culture
    • Health
    • Miscellaneous
    • Technology
    • Environment
  • Articles
    • Opinion
    • Analysis
    • Blog
    • Features
  • Videos
    • NewsFeed
    • Video Features
    • Explainers
    • TV
    • Digital Series
  • Infographs
  • In Pictures
  • • LIVE
News
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Sports
  • Arts&Culture
  • Health
  • Miscellaneous
  • Technology
  • Environment
Articles
  • Opinion
  • Analysis
  • Blog
  • Features
Videos
  • NewsFeed
  • Video Features
  • Explainers
  • TV
  • Digital Series
Infographs
In Pictures
  • Africa
  • Asia
  • Asia-Pacific
  • Europe
  • Latin America
  • MENA
  • Palestine
  • US & Canada
BREAKING
Al Mayadeen's correspondent in South Lebanon: Israeli occupation targets bulldozer working to remove rubble of destroyed home in Shebaa.
IRGC sources tell Al Mayadeen that reports of Iranian missile strikes on northern Iraq are false, calling them rumors spread by enemy-linked media.
Trump: Venezuela airspace should be considered 'closed in its entirety'
AFP: Ukraine behind attack on Russian 'shadow fleet' tankers in Black Sea
Sheikh Qassem: We, our allies, the honorable in our nation, our people, and our army will never accept being subservient to the US or 'Israel'
Sheikh Qassem: They must despair, for whatever they do, this people cannot be defeated or broken, and we shall neither fall nor yield
Sheikh Qassem: Threats neither advance nor delay matters, yet the possibility of war or its absence exists because 'Israel' and the US are weighing their options
Sheikh Qassem: All these threats are simply a form of political pressure after a whole year of efforts proved ineffective
Sheikh Qassem: 'Israel's' 'servants' in Lebanon are few, but they cause problems by obstructing the country’s stability, growth, and liberation alongside the US and 'Israel'
Sheikh Qassem: Weapons block 'Israel’s' project, and anyone seeking disarmament plays into 'Israel’s' hands

Sanaa says captured ship's fate in hands of Palestinian Resistance

  • By Al Mayadeen English
  • Source: Al Mayadeen
  • 29 Nov 2023 18:34
  • 2 Shares
5 Min Read

The Yemeni armed forces underline that while they are safeguarding regional security, it would stand in solidarity with the Palestinian people.

  • x
  • This photo released by the Yemeni Military Media Center shows a Yemeni forces helicopter approaching the Israeli-owned cargo ship Galaxy Leader on Sunday, Nov. 19, 2023 (Houthi Media Center via AP)
    This photo released by the Yemeni Military Media Center shows a Yemeni forces helicopter approaching the Israeli-owned cargo ship Galaxy Leader on Sunday, Nov. 19, 2023 (Yemeni Media Center via AP)

Ansar Allah spokesperson Mohammed Abdulsalam responded to the statement issued by the G7 regarding maritime security, wherein he stressed Wednesday that Sanaa was committed to maritime security and that of maritime corridors.

The statement G7 issued a statement warning against further escalation, calling on Asar Allah to halt what it said were "threats" to international shipping and to release the Israeli-linked vessel they had captured earlier in the month.

"Emphasizing the importance of maritime security, we call on all parties not to threaten or interfere with the lawful exercise of navigational rights and freedoms by all vessels," a statement by Japan, the current head of the Group of 7, said.

"We especially call on [Ansar Allah] to immediately cease attacks on civilians and threats to international shipping lanes and commercial vessels and release the M/V Galaxy Leader and its crew, illegally seized from international waters on November 19," the statement added.

Abdulsalam stressed that the Yemeni Naval Forces were committed to protecting Yemeni territorial waters as per its sovereign jurisdiction. "The ship and its crew were captured in solidarity with the Palestinian people and in support of the valiant resistance in Gaza."

The fate of the Israeli-linked ship, the Ansar Allah spokesperson said, "is linked to the choices of the Palestinian Resistance and what serves its goals in the battle against the Israeli aggression."

"The crew were dealt with according to Islamic morals and humanitarian laws," Abdulsalam added, noting that they are being allowed to contact their families.

The operations of the Yemeni Navy that took place as of late "are exclusive to Israeli ships," which is what the Naval Forces had already warned about, cautioning both Israeli or Israeli-linked ships prior to the capture.

Abdulsalam expressed Sanaa's conviction that "the criminal actions of the occupation are a threat to regional and international security and peace" and that confronting its aggressive activities against the Palestinian people and the region is "essential for the security and peace of the region and the world."

The Ansar Allah spokesperson underlined that the G7 granting legitimacy to the occupation was a violation of international law, given that the latter was "an unjust occupation of Palestine, engaging in brutal aggression against the Gaza Strip."

Abdulsalam emphasized that the "true legitimacy lies with the Palestinian people in resisting and confronting the aggression, siege, and occupation" perpetrated by the occupier, which is supported by the United States and the West.

Israeli ships unsafe

Following a series of events on the same shipping route, a tanker related to an Israeli corporation was boarded off the coast of Yemen on Sunday, according to the maritime security organization Ambrey.

Ambrey announced that "US naval forces are engaged in the situation" following the incident with the Central Park vessel, which is owned and operated by a UK-based, Israeli-affiliated business.

Later, a US defense official said a tanker linked to an Israel-affiliated company was captured off the coast of Yemen on Sunday by unidentified armed individuals.

"There are indications that an unknown number of unidentified armed individuals seized the M/V Central Park in the Gulf of Aden Nov. 26. US and coalition forces are in the vicinity and we are closely monitoring the situation," the official told AFP, following a series of incidents on the same shipping route.

Yemen's Naval Forces had previously threatened to attack the tanker if it did not divert to the Hodeidah port, Ambrey said. The maritime security firm claimed that communications from a US coalition cruiser had been intercepted, instructing Central Park to disregard the signals.

The tanker was captured offshore the Yemeni port city of Aden, according to Ambrey, with another vessel in the region reporting "an approach by eight persons on two skiffs wearing military uniforms."

This comes after an Israeli ship was targeted in the Arabian Sea (north of the Indian Ocean) on Thursday night -- Friday dawn shortly before the temporary truce in Gaza came into effect, private sources told Al Mayadeen.

The sources confirmed that the ship was directly hit, and it caught fire as a result of the attack. 

The party behind the operation has not been specified.

Commenting on Al Mayadeen's exclusive report, Roi Kayes, head of the Arab Affairs Department at the Israeli Kan channel, said no confirmation has been received from Israeli authorities about whether the incident took place or not or if "Israel" actually owns the ship.

Earlier last week, the official spokesperson for the Yemeni Armed Forces, Brigadier General Yahya Saree, announced on November 19 that the Yemeni Naval Forces carried out a military operation in the Red Sea, resulting in the capture of an Israeli ship.

In a video statement, General Saree confirmed that the ship named Galaxy Leader was led to the Yemeni coast, emphasizing that this operation comes in support of Palestine's West Bank and Gaza. "The operations of the armed forces threaten only the ships of the Israeli entity and those owned by Israelis," he said.

  • United States
  • Palestine
  • Mohammed Abdulsalam
  • Israel
  • Ansar Allah
  • Israeli occupation
  • Yemen
  • Gaza

Most Read

13 elite Israeli troops were wounded in a confrontations in Beit Jinn, Syria.

13 elite Israeli troops wounded in confrontations in southern Syria

  • West Asia
  • 28 Nov 2025
Hezbollah announces the martyrdom of Haitham al-Tabatabai

Hezbollah announces the martyrdom of commander Haitham Tabatabai

  • West Asia
  • 23 Nov 2025
Hezbollah publishes biography of martyred leader Haitham al-Tabatabai

Hezbollah publishes biography of martyred leader Haitham Tabatabai

  • Politics
  • 23 Nov 2025
Hezbollah releases the names of the four martyred with Tabatabai

Hezbollah releases the names of the 4 martyred alongside Tabatabai

  • West Asia
  • 24 Nov 2025

Coverage

All
In Five

Read Next

All
U.S. F-35 fighter jets fly over José Aponte de la Torre Airport in Ceiba, Puerto Rico, Friday, September 19, 2025. (AP Photo/Alejandro Granadillo)
Politics

Venezuela condemns US 'colonial-style' threat to national airspace

Palestinians walk through the destruction left by the Israeli air and ground offensive in Gaza City, Saturday, Nov. 29, 2025. (AP)
Politics

Gaza death toll exceeds 70,000 as Israeli crimes continue

Ireland removes name of former Israeli president from Dublin park
Europe

Ireland removes name of Ex. Israeli regime president from Dublin park

Gazan brothers Jomaa and Fadi Abu Assi, 8 and 9, in an undated photo (Social media)
Politics

Gaza: Two brothers, aged 8 and 9, killed by 'Israel' on their way home

Al Mayadeen English

Al Mayadeen is an Arab Independent Media Satellite Channel.

All Rights Reserved

  • x
  • Privacy Policy
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Authors
Android
iOS