"We're in the midst of challenging times”: Bennett
In a televised address after last night’s major security blow, the Israeli occupation premier says security forces granted full freedom of action.
After being bashed by Israeli media following the operation in “Tel Aviv”, troubled Israeli Prime Minister Naftali Bennett delivered a speech in an attempt to gloss over the major security concerns that “Israel” is facing.
Bennett threatened that anyone who aided and abetted the Palestinian martyr will pay a heavy price.
The Israeli PM also stated: "We grant full freedom of action to the IDF (Israeli Occupation Forces), the Shin Bet, and all security forces. There are not and won't be any restrictions to this war."
“We're in the midst of challenging times,” he stressed.
In the aftermath of the operation, Israeli media said that Israeli security was dealt a major blow, adding that “the last thing Bennett should do is to hail the killing of the man who carried out the operation.”
Meanwhile, Israeli commentators stressed that Israeli settlers are paying the price for the incompetency of Israeli officials.
A distraught Bennett
Earlier, Israeli Prime minister Naftali Bennett hailed the Israeli forces who shot the Palestinian youth, adding that the Israeli security forces remain on “maximum alert” in “Tel Aviv” and throughout the Israeli settlements over concerns of “further incidents or copycat attacks.” Israeli media criticized Bennett's comment, describing it as the last thing he should be doing in light of the massive security failure his government is responsible for.
On Thursday, Israeli media commented on the shooting in "Tel Aviv," saying that the scenes of what is happening in "unparalleled."
This came after two settlers were killed in a shooting operation in "Tel Aviv," and more than 6 injuries were reported, most of them in critical condition.
The "Tel Aviv" Occupation Police Brigade commander was cited by Israeli media as saying that what is certain so far is that 15 were wounded in the shooting operation.
Since the beginning of the Islamic month of Ramadan in early April, Israeli suppression and attacks on Palestinians have drastically increased.
Israeli Occupation forces have been suppressing Ramadan Gatherings in the occupied city of Al-Quds, arresting dozens of young Palestinians across the last week on Bab Al-Amoud.
Last night and early Thursday morning, the Israeli occupation forces arrested 13 Palestinians from separate parts of the occupied West Bank and Al-Quds.
The arrests included 5 young men from Ramallah and Al-Bireh governorate, 3 from Jenin, and 4 from Beit Lahm and Al-Khalil, according to the Palestinian WAFA agency.
In response, Palestinians have retaliated by carrying out operations in the heart of the occupied areas which resulted in the death of 13 Israelis, including members of the security forces.
Israeli police attacked Palestinians in Bab Al-Amoud area in Al-Quds on Wednesday night, arresting 3 of them.
In addition, the Palestinian Prisoners Club said in a human rights report that the occupation forces have, since the beginning of the Coronavirus outbreak, arrested hundreds of Palestinians.
Since the start of Ramadan on April 2, the Israeli Occupation Forces have arrested 33 Palestinians so far.