Yemen wants talks but ready for any scenario: Al-Houthi to Al Mayadeen
The Sanaa Supreme Political Council member thanks Al Mayadeen and other media outlets for supporting the people of Yemen during the years of the aggression.
Member of the Supreme Political Council in Yemen, Mohammad Ali Al-Houthi, stressed that the directives of Ansar Allah leader Sayyed Abdul-Malik Al-Houthi from the start emphasized verifying any news from the field and putting it in its correct context.
In an interview for Al Mayadeen, Al-Houthi revealed that the facilities and staff of the Yemeni national news agency have been targeted, confirming, however, that alternative locations to the ones that came under strikes were established.
The senior official thanked all media outlets that supported the Yemeni people, especially Al Mayadeen channel.
His statement comes just days after it was revealed that YouTube removed dozens of channels that belonged to various organizations in Yemen from its network.
The Revolutionary Media Center (RMC), which is situated in Sanaa, the Yemeni military media, the Ansar Allah band, and its creative and documentary production divisions are among the organizations that were impacted by the ban, according to Yemeni Al-Masirah TV channel.
The closed channels had more than 500 thousand subscribers with more than 7 thousand videos and upwards of 90 million views.
Al-Houthi called on the Yemeni people to confront the misleading media "with all their strength and on all platforms," adding that "the war still entails a lot of hidden heroism and oppression that we intend on uncovering in the future through documented media materials."
He also urged the rest of the satellite channels to follow in the footsteps of Al Mayadeen in terms of media support for the Yemeni people.
Regarding the truce, Al-Houthi stressed that "there is no truce today, but rather de-escalation" and that there is an opportunity on the part of the Sanaa government for mediation, noting that the talks [with Saudi Arabia] are still "focused on the humanitarian aspect as a priority before anything else."
Any role played by any Arab country in resolving the crisis in Yemen is welcomed, he noted, stressing that "the Yemenis want to engage in dialogue with countries," but talks have stopped currently.
Al-Houthi confirmed that Sanaa is ready to face any scenario.
"The enemy wants to drain us but to no avail," he said, adding that "there is no justification for the continuation of the siege."
"America is working to intensify its presence in the Red Sea to protect Saudi Arabia," he said, confirming that the more "the enemies are present on any battlefield, the easier a prey they will be for us."
"نرحب بأي دور لأي دولة عربية لحل الأزمة، ولكن نحن نريد محاورة دول العدوان وليس مرتزقتهم".— قناة الميادين (@AlMayadeenNews) July 26, 2023
عضو المجلس السياسي الأعلى في اليمن، محمد علي الحوثي، في #المشهدية.#اليمن #مع_اليمن@Moh_Alhouthi pic.twitter.com/YWHuZpcFwd
"Any foreign-instigated act will be faced by the Yemeni people, and this is what will happen with regard to the secession [plot] in the south."
The great majority of Western media choose the Saudi-led coalition's side, complementing their respective countries' navies in imposing a firm siege against a country in a war fought in self-defense on the part of Sanaa.
Every now and then, reports did come to light showing only narrow and reductive images regarding the humanitarian crisis that struck the country but rarely did that light reveal or point at the party responsible for such inhumane acts, as if the "conflict" had been raging for obscure and convoluted reasons. In that optic, for "some reason", ships can't land in Yemeni ports, that reason is rarely specified though.
Despite efforts to silence Yemenis have been unsuccessful, measures taken by Western media and social media platforms show the extent of much they are willing to reach in tarnishing their proclaimed values, such as freedom of expression when it comes to abiding by their government's foreign policy interests.