Al Mayadeen English

  • Ar
  • Es
  • x
Al Mayadeen English

Slogan

  • News
    • Politics
    • Economy
    • Sports
    • Arts&Culture
    • Health
    • Miscellaneous
    • Technology
    • Environment
  • Articles
    • Opinion
    • Analysis
    • Blog
    • Features
  • Videos
    • NewsFeed
    • Video Features
    • Explainers
    • TV
    • Digital Series
  • Infographs
  • In Pictures
  • • LIVE
News
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Sports
  • Arts&Culture
  • Health
  • Miscellaneous
  • Technology
  • Environment
Articles
  • Opinion
  • Analysis
  • Blog
  • Features
Videos
  • NewsFeed
  • Video Features
  • Explainers
  • TV
  • Digital Series
Infographs
In Pictures
  • Africa
  • Asia
  • Asia-Pacific
  • Europe
  • Latin America
  • MENA
  • Palestine
  • US & Canada
BREAKING
Al Mayadeen's correspondent in South Lebanon: Israeli occupation targets bulldozer working to remove rubble of destroyed home in Shebaa.
IRGC sources tell Al Mayadeen that reports of Iranian missile strikes on northern Iraq are false, calling them rumors spread by enemy-linked media.
Trump: Venezuela airspace should be considered 'closed in its entirety'
AFP: Ukraine behind attack on Russian 'shadow fleet' tankers in Black Sea
Sheikh Qassem: We, our allies, the honorable in our nation, our people, and our army will never accept being subservient to the US or 'Israel'
Sheikh Qassem: They must despair, for whatever they do, this people cannot be defeated or broken, and we shall neither fall nor yield
Sheikh Qassem: Threats neither advance nor delay matters, yet the possibility of war or its absence exists because 'Israel' and the US are weighing their options
Sheikh Qassem: All these threats are simply a form of political pressure after a whole year of efforts proved ineffective
Sheikh Qassem: 'Israel's' 'servants' in Lebanon are few, but they cause problems by obstructing the country’s stability, growth, and liberation alongside the US and 'Israel'
Sheikh Qassem: Weapons block 'Israel’s' project, and anyone seeking disarmament plays into 'Israel’s' hands

'Israel' was forced to accept Hamas' truce conditions: Mousavi

  • By Al Mayadeen English
  • Source: Agencies
  • 26 Nov 2023 11:42
  • 3 Shares
3 Min Read

Abdolrahim Mousavi, Commander-in-Chief of the Islamic Republic of Iran Army, stressed that the occupation was unable to achieve military success in the face of the Palestinian resistance during Operation al-Aqsa Flood.

  • x
  • Iran's Army Chief Commander Major General Abdolrahim Mousavi. (Tasnim)
    Iran's Army Chief Commander Major General Abdolrahim Mousavi (Tasnim)

Commander-in-Chief of the Islamic Republic of Iran Army, Abdolrahim Mousavi, confirmed that the signs of the demise and collapse of the Israeli occupation entity are fully visible.

Despite the aggression against the Gaza Strip and its ground operations, Mousavi said the Israeli occupation and its backers were helpless in the face of the Resistance and failed to make any progress.

In the context of the Israeli entity's collapse, he pointed out that the occupation was forced to negotiate with the Hamas movement and accept all its conditions in the truce mediated by Arab countries.  

In his speech at a ceremony honoring the students of the School of Nursing, Mousavi stressed that Operation Al-Aqsa Flood brought attention back to the Palestinian issue, making it once again a prominent global issue.

He went on to say that the "perfect picture" of human rights claimed by the West and the United States had been shattered despite all their investment in said image. He went on to accuse the leaders in the US and other Western countries of racism

Read next: Prisoner exchange, truce agreement delayed implementation to Friday

According to the temporary 4-day truce agreement, which the Palestinian resistance imposed after 49 days of war, humanitarian aid will enter the Gaza Strip, and the occupation will release 150 Palestinian women and children imprisoned in its prisons, in exchange for 50 Israeli captive women and children. 

Earlier, during a meeting with senior Iranian officials and scientists, the leader of the revolution and the Islamic Republic of Iran, Seyyed Ali Khamenei, emphasized that "no one will be able to stand against Muslims and the forces of resistance if the Israeli occupation's crimes continue in Gaza."

Seyyed Khamenei blamed the United States for supporting the Zionist regime's policies, stating that the ongoing events were a result of Washington's policies.

He added that the Israeli occupation, no matter what it does, "will not be able to compensate for the humiliating defeat it suffered": emphasizing that "Israel" must stop its airstrikes against Gaza at once. 

In turn, Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi stated that "Israel" is close to realizing that it is nowhere near achieving all of the goals it sought after launching its war on Gaza.

"Israel did not achieve any of its goals of occupying Gaza and eliminating the Resistance," he said, adding, "What the Zionist regime has done shows that it has grown desperate in the face of the Palestinian resistance."

Raisi further described Operation Al-Aqsa Flood as the Palestinian people's "legitimate defense of their right," prompted by "[Israel's] incessant oppression."

  • Gaza Strip
  • Palestine
  • Abdolrahim Mousavi
  • Israel
  • Israeli occupation
  • Iran

Most Read

13 elite Israeli troops were wounded in a confrontations in Beit Jinn, Syria.

13 elite Israeli troops wounded in confrontations in southern Syria

  • West Asia
  • 28 Nov 2025
Hezbollah announces the martyrdom of Haitham al-Tabatabai

Hezbollah announces the martyrdom of commander Haitham Tabatabai

  • West Asia
  • 23 Nov 2025
Hezbollah publishes biography of martyred leader Haitham al-Tabatabai

Hezbollah publishes biography of martyred leader Haitham Tabatabai

  • Politics
  • 23 Nov 2025
Hezbollah releases the names of the four martyred with Tabatabai

Hezbollah releases the names of the 4 martyred alongside Tabatabai

  • West Asia
  • 24 Nov 2025

Coverage

All
In Five

Read Next

All
U.S. F-35 fighter jets fly over José Aponte de la Torre Airport in Ceiba, Puerto Rico, Friday, September 19, 2025. (AP Photo/Alejandro Granadillo)
Politics

Venezuela condemns US 'colonial-style' threat to national airspace

Palestinians walk through the destruction left by the Israeli air and ground offensive in Gaza City, Saturday, Nov. 29, 2025. (AP)
Politics

Gaza death toll exceeds 70,000 as Israeli crimes continue

Ireland removes name of former Israeli president from Dublin park
Europe

Ireland removes name of Ex. Israeli regime president from Dublin park

Gazan brothers Jomaa and Fadi Abu Assi, 8 and 9, in an undated photo (Social media)
Politics

Gaza: Two brothers, aged 8 and 9, killed by 'Israel' on their way home

Al Mayadeen English

Al Mayadeen is an Arab Independent Media Satellite Channel.

All Rights Reserved

  • x
  • Privacy Policy
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Authors
Android
iOS