Al Mayadeen English

  • Ar
  • Es
  • x
Al Mayadeen English

Slogan

  • News
    • Politics
    • Economy
    • Sports
    • Arts&Culture
    • Health
    • Miscellaneous
    • Technology
    • Environment
  • Articles
    • Opinion
    • Analysis
    • Blog
    • Features
  • Videos
    • NewsFeed
    • Video Features
    • Explainers
    • TV
    • Digital Series
  • Infographs
  • In Pictures
  • • LIVE
News
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Sports
  • Arts&Culture
  • Health
  • Miscellaneous
  • Technology
  • Environment
Articles
  • Opinion
  • Analysis
  • Blog
  • Features
Videos
  • NewsFeed
  • Video Features
  • Explainers
  • TV
  • Digital Series
Infographs
In Pictures
  • Africa
  • Asia
  • Asia-Pacific
  • Europe
  • Latin America
  • MENA
  • Palestine
  • US & Canada
BREAKING
Al Mayadeen's correspondent in South Lebanon: Israeli occupation targets bulldozer working to remove rubble of destroyed home in Shebaa.
IRGC sources tell Al Mayadeen that reports of Iranian missile strikes on northern Iraq are false, calling them rumors spread by enemy-linked media.
Trump: Venezuela airspace should be considered 'closed in its entirety'
AFP: Ukraine behind attack on Russian 'shadow fleet' tankers in Black Sea
Sheikh Qassem: We, our allies, the honorable in our nation, our people, and our army will never accept being subservient to the US or 'Israel'
Sheikh Qassem: They must despair, for whatever they do, this people cannot be defeated or broken, and we shall neither fall nor yield
Sheikh Qassem: Threats neither advance nor delay matters, yet the possibility of war or its absence exists because 'Israel' and the US are weighing their options
Sheikh Qassem: All these threats are simply a form of political pressure after a whole year of efforts proved ineffective
Sheikh Qassem: 'Israel's' 'servants' in Lebanon are few, but they cause problems by obstructing the country’s stability, growth, and liberation alongside the US and 'Israel'
Sheikh Qassem: Weapons block 'Israel’s' project, and anyone seeking disarmament plays into 'Israel’s' hands

Battles Continue in Afghanistan's Panjshir Valley

  • By Al Mayadeen
  • Source: Al Mayadeen
  • 4 Sep 2021 10:36
2 Min Read

Battles continue in Panjshir after the Taliban announced capturing the province.

  • x
  • Afghan resistance movement and anti-Taliban forces take part in military training in Panjshir provnice, Afghanistan, Aug 30, 2021 | AFP
    Afghan resistance movement and anti-Taliban forces take part in military training in Panjshir province, Afghanistan, Aug 30, 2021. (AFP)

Al Mayadeen sources reported that battles in Panjshir province are continuing between the Taliban and Afghan resistance forces on three different fronts. Our sources also clarified that the gunshots heard in Kabul were not in rejoice over the Taliban entering the province, but rather because of the group's leader entering it amid leaks indicating that the Taliban are close to announcing a new government.

In turn, former Afghan Vice President Amrullah Saleh posted a video of him in Panjshir province, in which he denied all reports regarding his fleeing: "Reports that I have left my country and am outside Afghanistan are the propaganda of the enemy," he said.

He revealed he was in Panjshir: "I'm at my base. We have had several meetings with commanders, and we manage the situation with political figures," he stated. Saleh explained that they are under attack by the Taliban, al-Qaeda, "and the terrorists with the support of the Pakistanis."

The former Afghan leader declared that both parties, the Taliban and the resistance have suffered casualties. He also confirmed that they are under attack "from two or three fronts," saying the situation is under their control.

Previously, Bilal Karimi, a member of the Taliban's cultural commission, had announced that the Taliban captured Parian, one of the largest districts in Afghanistan's Panjshir province, while a Kabul police source told Sputnik the Taliban captured Panjshir.

The Taliban's attempts at capturing Panjshir come as the group was making efforts to form a government. The Taliban's sources are saying Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar will be head of said government, while Mohammad Yaqoob, eldest son of Taliban founder Mullah Mohammed Omar, as well as Sher Mohammad Abbas Stanikzai, will have senior governmental positions.

This is happening after the Taliban assumed control of nearly the entirety of Afghanistan following the United States withdrawal from the country. The US withdrawal from Afghanistan has been very chaotic, making it incredibly embarrassing for the United States. The Strategic Research Institute of Pakistan published a video showing US soldiers destroying their vehicles and weapons after they failed to take them out of the country they invaded.

Even though I’m not an expert on destroying military equipment...
It seems even a Molotov cocktail would’ve been more efficient. #Afghanistan

pic.twitter.com/q8hXgAIgue

— Vera Van Horne (@VeraVanHorne) September 3, 2021

  • Afghanistan
  • Taliban
  • Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar
  • Panjshir

Most Read

13 elite Israeli troops were wounded in a confrontations in Beit Jinn, Syria.

13 elite Israeli troops wounded in confrontations in southern Syria

  • West Asia
  • 28 Nov 2025
Hezbollah announces the martyrdom of Haitham al-Tabatabai

Hezbollah announces the martyrdom of commander Haitham Tabatabai

  • West Asia
  • 23 Nov 2025
Hezbollah publishes biography of martyred leader Haitham al-Tabatabai

Hezbollah publishes biography of martyred leader Haitham Tabatabai

  • Politics
  • 23 Nov 2025
Hezbollah releases the names of the four martyred with Tabatabai

Hezbollah releases the names of the 4 martyred alongside Tabatabai

  • West Asia
  • 24 Nov 2025

Coverage

All
In Five

Read Next

All
U.S. F-35 fighter jets fly over José Aponte de la Torre Airport in Ceiba, Puerto Rico, Friday, September 19, 2025. (AP Photo/Alejandro Granadillo)
Politics

Venezuela condemns US 'colonial-style' threat to national airspace

Palestinians walk through the destruction left by the Israeli air and ground offensive in Gaza City, Saturday, Nov. 29, 2025. (AP)
Politics

Gaza death toll exceeds 70,000 as Israeli crimes continue

Ireland removes name of former Israeli president from Dublin park
Europe

Ireland removes name of Ex. Israeli regime president from Dublin park

Gazan brothers Jomaa and Fadi Abu Assi, 8 and 9, in an undated photo (Social media)
Politics

Gaza: Two brothers, aged 8 and 9, killed by 'Israel' on their way home

Al Mayadeen English

Al Mayadeen is an Arab Independent Media Satellite Channel.

All Rights Reserved

  • x
  • Privacy Policy
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Authors
Android
iOS