Al-Mashat announces 3-day ceasefire with Saudi
The head of Yemen's Supreme Political Council, Mahdi Al-Mashat, announces suspending all military activity against Saudi for three days, stressing Sanaa's readiness to make said ceasefire permanent.
Sanaa is unilaterally suspending all airstrikes and UAV and military operations against Saudi Arabia for three days, announced Yemen Supreme Political Council leader Mahdi Al-Mashat.
"We are ready to turn this announcement into a solid commitment if Saudi commits to lifting the blockade and putting an end to its bombardment on Yemen," Al-Mashat declared, explaining that the ceasefire included suspending all military offensives include the Marib from, "and we reiterate the leader of the revolution's initiative on Marib, and we are waiting for their response."
"Yemen has faced, and it is still facing, brutal aggression that exposed the ugliness of the aggressor, and its insistence on committing this organized crime with the aim of bringing the great Yemen to its knees," he said, stressing that the Yemeni people had no other than two choices: to be steadfast and ensure Yemen's pride.
"Over our years of steadfastness, we found ourselves before aggression that targeted all our necessities while the world stood idle, and that is very unfortunate," he said.
Yemenis do not celebrate war
"We are not celebrating war; we are celebrating our steadfastness and the meaning and gains of this steadfastness. This is a manifestation of true divine providence, the wisdom of your leader, the greatness of our people, and the bravery of their fighters," the Yemeni leader stressed.
Al-Mashat's words came as part of the Yemeni National Day of Steadfastness, where thousands of Yemenis took to the streets, participating in massive demonstrations in Sanaa to reject the Saudi-led coalition of aggression against Yemen, which has started its eighth year.
Sanaa announces all Aramco facilities are targets
Special sources told Al Mayadeen that Operation Break Siege III which took place on March 25, is one of the fiercest operations by the Yemeni Armed Forces against Saudi Arabia.
The sources said that the information confirms that Aramco facilities in Jeddah were completely burnt, resulting in an unprecedented outbreak of fires.
In the same context, military sources had told Al Mayadeen yesterday, that in the upcoming days, Sanaa would continue its strikes on vital Saudi sites if the siege on Yemen continues, adding that Sanaa is determined to destroy Aramco's vital facilities in Ras Tanura, Rabigh, and Jeddah.
The sources pointed out that Sanaa has set all Aramco's facilities as targets for its operations, stressing that the Yemeni strikes will continue until the siege on Yemen is lifted and the oil ships are released.
In addition, the military sources confirmed to Al Mayadeen that the Samtah power station in Saudi Arabia had been disrupted and turned off due to Sanaa's earlier operations.
This comes after the Yemeni Armed Forces Spokesperson, Brigadier General Yahya Saree, announced in a video statement the implementation of Operation Break Siege III "in response to the continuation of the unjust siege," using batches of ballistic and winged missiles and drones.
Saree confirmed, "Aramco's facilities in Jeddah and vital facilities in the Saudi capital, Riyadh, were targeted," as well as "the Ras Tanura refinery and the Rabigh oil refinery were targeted by large numbers of drones."