Al Mayadeen English

  • Ar
  • Es
  • x
Al Mayadeen English

Slogan

  • News
    • Politics
    • Economy
    • Sports
    • Arts&Culture
    • Health
    • Miscellaneous
    • Technology
    • Environment
  • Articles
    • Opinion
    • Analysis
    • Blog
    • Features
  • Videos
    • NewsFeed
    • Video Features
    • Explainers
    • TV
    • Digital Series
  • Infographs
  • In Pictures
  • • LIVE
News
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Sports
  • Arts&Culture
  • Health
  • Miscellaneous
  • Technology
  • Environment
Articles
  • Opinion
  • Analysis
  • Blog
  • Features
Videos
  • NewsFeed
  • Video Features
  • Explainers
  • TV
  • Digital Series
Infographs
In Pictures
  • Africa
  • Asia
  • Asia-Pacific
  • Europe
  • Latin America
  • MENA
  • Palestine
  • US & Canada
BREAKING
Israeli media: 8 wounded members of IOF evacuated Friday after battles with Palestinian resistance in the Gaza Strip.
Al-Mayadeen's correspondent in occupied Palestine: Israeli artillery shelling east of Al-Zaitoun neighborhood, southeast of Gaza City.
Al-Mayadeen's correspondent in occupied Palestine: Injuries reported after IOF bomb a house in the vicinity of Al-Omari Mosque, east of Gaza City.
Al Mayadeen's correspondent in occupied Palestine: A martyr and wounded as IOF bombed a residential apartment in the al-Zubda building near Al-Kanz Mosque in Al-Rimal neighborhood, west of Gaza City.
Al Mayadeen's correspondent in occupied Palestine: Civil Defense retrieves 1 martyr and 3 injured people as a result of IOF bombing of a residential apartment of the Tafesh family in the vicinity of the al-Shamaa Mosque in the Zeitoun neighborhood.
Al Mayadeen's correspondent in occupied Palestine: An Israeli raid targets the western areas of Gaza City.
Israeli occupation forces storm Beit Fajjar town, south of Beit Lahm.
YAF spokesperson Saree: The operation foiled a new aerial attack against our country that was launched from the carrier; operation forced it to leave waters.
Yemeni Brigadier General Yahya Saree: YAF targeted USS Harry S. Truman and a number of ships in its strike group north of the Red Sea.
Al Mayadeen's correspondent: 11 US-UK strikes on Sanaa as Sabeen Square close to being full in million-man protest in support of Gaza.

Al-Qassam 'moved me 10 times to save my life', captive says in video

  • By Al Mayadeen English
  • Source: Al-Qassam Brigades - Military Media
  • 4 Sep 2024 22:15
  • 7 Shares
3 Min Read

Al-Qassam Brigades releases a new video of messages made by two Israeli captives before their death.

Listen
  • x
  • Captives begged Israeli gov. for ceasefire before dying
    An illustration released by al-Qassam Brigades shows a body bag surrounded by bullets and Israeli bombs which reads: "Time is running out." (al-Qassam Brigades/Military Media)

Hamas' al-Qassam Brigades released video footage of two Israeli captives, Carmel Gat and Alexander Lobanov, who addressed the Israeli government and settlers, before dying last week. 

Gat and Lobanov are among six Israeli captives whose bodies were retrieved from the southern Gaza Strip on Sunday. Their deaths alarmed Israeli officials, politicians, and settlers, who are demanding a ceasefire be reached in order to retrieve the remaining captives from the Gaza Strip. 

The al-Qassam Brigades had released footage of two other settlers who similarly demanded a prisoner exchange deal be finalized with the Palestinian Resistance. 

On Wednesday, Lobanov said al-Qassam fighters guarding him since October 7, 2023, had transferred him to several different locations to protect him from indiscriminate Israeli bombing and shelling. 

"They transferred me 10 times to save my life," the Israeli captive said. 

Israeli airstrikes and direct friendly fire had killed multiple Israeli settlers previously. 

Lobanov also criticized Netanyahu for failing to "protect" him and others on October 7, adding, "And now you continue to fail in every attempt to release us alive."

"You are just trying to kill us to avoid completing a deal," the settler said. 

Related News

'Israel's' war on Gaza serves as a 'miracle' for extremist agenda: FP

US-UK-Israeli aggression targets Yemen as million-man march sets afoot

Both captives asked Israeli settlers to protest to secure their release and warned of the dire living situations they experienced, including shortages of food, water, and sanitary materials, due to the imposed siege on the Strip, which affects everyone, with no exception.

Read more: Al-Qassam releases new captive video; thousands protest in Tel Aviv

Stop neglecting us 

"I beg and plead with the government of Israel led by Benjamin Netanyahu, please stop neglecting us and take us back to our homes," Gat asked. 

Gat also told settlers not to "compromise" and not to allow anyone to "close the door to negotiations," which would have secured her release if they were successful. 

The video ended with al-Qassam's straightforward message on the issue, which states that a prisoner exchange deal would lead to the captives' freedom while Israeli military pressure would lead to death and failure.

Thousands of settlers have been protesting since Sunday to demand that Netanyahu's government commit to a prisoner exchange deal with the Palestinian Resistance after Israeli security officials' worst fear became a reality on Sunday. 

Officials had been warning Netanyahu that delaying a ceasefire would cost captives their lives. Three of the captives were reportedly scheduled to be released in the first stage of a prisoner exchange deal with the Palestinian Resistance, which Netanyahu's government itself proposed then backed out of after Hamas agreed to it in late May. 

The document that steered negotiations to a dead end in late July was dubbed "The Bloody Document" by Israeli commentators and some of its details were revealed on Monday. 

Read more: 'The Bloody Document': How Netanyahu's tactics killed Israeli captives

  • war on Gaza
  • Israel
  • Israeli occupation forces
  • Hamas
  • Al-Qassam Brigades
  • Prisoner Exchange
  • Gaza
  • Israeli captives
War on Gaza

War on Gaza

Most Read

A Resistance fighter prepares charges to be used in a joint operation against Israeli occupation forces in Jabalia, Gaza, January 4, 2025 (Military Media)

Gaza Resistance detonate house infiltrated by Israeli troops (Footage)

  • Palestine
  • 4 Jan 2025
Yemenis burn Israeli and American flags during an anti-Israeli, US rally in Sanaa, Yemen, Friday, Dec. 27, 2024 (AP)

Yemeni Armed Forces attack USS Harry Truman, Israeli sites

  • Politics
  • 6 Jan 2025
Joseph Aoun elected 14th President of Lebanon

Joseph Aoun elected 14th president of Lebanon

  • MENA
  • 9 Jan 2025
Israeli occupation forces soldiers at the grave of a sergeant killed in the Gaza Strip during his funeral at Mt. Herzl military cemetery in occupied al-Quds, occupied Palestine, Wednesday, November 20, 2024 (AP)

As Palestinians infiltrate IOF military base in al-Quds, soldiers hide

  • Politics
  • 5 Jan 2025

Coverage

All
In Five

Read Next

All
Iranian domestically-built missiles and drones are displayed during the Basij paramilitary force parade in Tehran, Iran, Friday, January 10, 2025 (AP)
Politics

Iran showcases missile base used in attack on 'Israel' during drills

Palestinians gather to receive aid distributed by UNRWA, the UN agency helping Palestinian refugees, in Nusairat refugee camp, Gaza, on November 5, 2024 (AP)
Politics

Qatar reports progress on Hamas' end in ceasefire talks: Israeli media

Members of Syria's Ministry of Defense pose for a picture with faction leaders. (@sayed_ridha)
Politics

Western powers warn Syria over foreign fighters in army: Reuters

Eduardo Bolsonaro, a Brazilian lawmaker and son of President Jair Bolsonaro, attends a gathering of conservatives, in Mexico City, Friday, Nov. 18, 2022. (AP)
Politics

Bolsonaro's son claims role in dropping case against Israeli soldier

Al Mayadeen English

Al Mayadeen is an Arab Independent Media Satellite Channel.

All Rights Reserved

  • x
  • Privacy Policy
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Authors
Android
iOS