Cuba condemns Israeli aggression on Gaza, says threatens stability
Cuban Foreign Minister says Cuba condemns the new Israeli aggression against the Gaza Strip, which has claimed the lives of civilians, including children.
Cuban Foreign Minister Bruno Rodriguez Parrilla condemned on Thursday the Israeli aggression on the Gaza Strip, describing it as a criminal act that threatens stability and peace in the Middle East.
"Cuba condemns the new Israeli aggression against the Gaza Strip, which has claimed the lives of civilians, including children," Rodriguez tweeted.
#Cuba condena la nueva agresión de Israel contra la Franja de Gaza, que ha segado la vida de civiles, incluidos niños. Esa criminal acción pone en peligro la estabilidad y la paz en la región del Medio Oriente. pic.twitter.com/wfA0BLw4Oj— Bruno Rodríguez P (@BrunoRguezP) May 11, 2023
"This criminal action endangers stability and peace in the Middle East region," the top Cuban diplomat indicated.
This comes as the Israeli occupation launched since dawn on Tuesday a heinous aggression against the Gaza Strip, murdering 25 Palestinians so far and injuring 70, as a result of targeting civilian homes and Resistance sites in various areas in the Strip.
PIJ warns Israeli occupation
The Palestinian Resistance responded to the Israeli aggression by launching hundreds of rockets toward "Tel Aviv" and the Gaza envelope settlements, in an operation it codenamed Operation Avenging The Free.
The Palestinian Islamic Jihad (PIJ) movement warned the Israeli occupation that its policy of bombing civilian homes would be met with the relentless shelling of "Tel Aviv" and the occupied Palestinian territories.
Sources in the Resistance told Al Mayadeen that "the recent bombing of Tel Aviv, Beer Al-Sabe, and other cities came to confirm that there is no truce except on the terms of the Resistance," noting that "in the event that the enemy does not adhere to the conditions of the Resistance, we are going to expand the circle of fire."
Private sources revealed to Al Mayadeen that "the missiles that targeted Tel Aviv and its environs are of new technologies that enabled them to bypass the Iron Dome," stressing that "the battle is not over yet."
Footage of the #Palestinian Resistance Factions' Joint Operations Room launching salvoes of rockets toward the Israeli occupation as part of #OperationAvengingTheFree.#Palestine #Gaza #PalestineResists #ثأر_الاحرار pic.twitter.com/QcIRAoxqjN— Al Mayadeen English (@MayadeenEnglish) May 10, 2023
Read more: Resistance military media publishes footage of 'Tel Aviv' bombing
Sources to Al Mayadeen: 'Israel' seeks ceasefire, Resistance steadfast
In a related context, sources in the Palestinian Resistance factions' joint operations room told Al Mayadeen, on Wednesday, that "the occupation pressed through various mediators to push for a ceasefire," noting that "the Resistance remained steadfast in its demand for a clear [Israeli] commitment to stopping the assassinations policy."
The sources also expressed the Resistance's "readiness to fight for the longest time period yet and to expand the ring of fire if necessary."
Read more: Chance to establish 'long-term deterrence is low': Israeli NSC chief
PIJ says assassinations of top officials to not go unanswered
Earlier, Al-Quds Brigades, the military wing of the PIJ, announced the martyrdom of senior official Ali Hassan Ghali, a PIJ official told Al Mayadeen.
"Al-Quds Brigades has bid farewell to military council member and head of the Brigades' missile unit Ali Hassan Ghali," PIJ senior Khamis Al-Haitham said.
Moreover, the Palestinian official underlined that the Israeli occupation's assassination would not go unanswered, as all options are on the table for the Palestinian resistance.
Al Mayadeen correspondent reported on Thursday dawn that three Palestinians were martyred in an Israeli airstrike that targeted a residential building in Hamad City, northwest of Khan Yunis, the Gaza Strip.
Al-Quds Brigades announced the martyrdom of Ali Hassan Ghali, a member of the group's military council and the head of the brigades' missile unit, saying he was martyred in an Israeli assassination exacted at Wednesday dawn alongside several other PIJ fighters in the north of Khan Yunis.
#Palestinian civilians resided in the residential buildings targeted, and reports suggest that many have been injured. The Israeli occupation continues its aggression on #Gaza, ignoring international laws and calls to stop targeting civilians.#GazaUnderAttack… pic.twitter.com/CXHWpEjlAh— Al Mayadeen English (@MayadeenEnglish) May 10, 2023
Ghali is the fourth senior PIJ official to be assassinated in 48 hours.
The Israeli occupation forces said its airstrikes on Gaza have killed Jihad Ghannam, the chief of the southern command of the Al-Quds Brigades, and his wife.
The Israeli occupation's air raids also targeted Islamic Jihad spokesperson Tarek Ezzedine's house. The PIJ official was martyred.
Another martyr was the commander of the northern region of the Islamic Jihad, commander Khalil Al-Bahtini.
Read more: Palestinians voice solidarity with Gaza Strip amid aggression