Hezbollah bombs Israeli 'Meron' airbase in response to drone strike
The Islamic Resistance in Lebanon says it attacked the Israeli "Meron" air traffic base in response to a drone strike in southern Lebanon.
The Islamic Resistance in Lebanon announced on Thursday evening that they targeted the "Meron" airbase with Falaq rockets, with several rockets hitting the occupation's strategically significant air traffic base.
The resistance issued a statement affirming that it attacked "Meron" in support of the resilient Palestinian people in the Gaza Strip and in support of their brave and honorable resistance, as well as in response to the Israeli occupation's attacks on Lebanese villages and civilians, the latest of which was the aggression on the city of Nabatieh in southern Lebanon
Before the bombing of "Meron" Israeli fighter jets repeatedly violated Lebanese airspace, which was followed by an Israeli drone strike on a car in a commercial street in the southern Lebanese town of Nabatieh.
The Islamic Resistance in Lebanon announced on Thursday afternoon that it launched several operations against the Israeli occupation forces, namely targeting the "Ma'aleh Golan" barracks with a Falaq heavy rocket. Additionally, the resistance targeted a building in the settlement of "Metula" where occupation soldiers are stationed, as well as the radar site in the occupied Shebaa Farms, confirming direct hits.
Israeli media reported that two houses were directly hit in the settlements of "Metula" and "Shtula" in western al-Jalil, and several missiles were launched toward the surroundings of the Israeli Hadb al-Bustan site.
Israeli media also mentioned that air raid sirens were sounded in "Zar'it", "Shomera", and Arab al-Aramsha in the western al-Jalil, with several missiles falling in open areas in northern al-Jalil.
Simultaneously, Israeli media reported that "3 soldiers from the Israeli army were wounded, one of whom suffered serious injuries, due to the missiles launched by Hezbollah this morning on Kiryat Shmona and Biranit."
Earlier in the day, the Resistance targeted the headquarters of the Eastern Brigade 769, affiliated with the northern region's Division 91, in the "Kiryat Shmona" barracks and the "Biranit" barracks.
The mayor of Kiryat Shmona, Avihai Stern, announced that around 20 apartments were directly hit in northern settlements, with 100,000 settlers being displaced from these settlements. Stern confirmed that "Israelis will be prevented from entering Kiryat Shmona until the Radwan force is removed from [the border area]."
Hezbollah's operations since October have led hundreds of thousands of settlers to flee border settlements, warning their government that they would not return unless the Resistance's "threat" is resolved and calling out their authorities for failing to protect them or provide them with the needed security.
Having succeeded with its plans to place huge pressure on "Tel Aviv" in response to its brutal war on Gaza, Hezbollah has conditioned ending the aggression on the Strip to end its operations against Israeli forces.
Falling under unprecedented crises and seeking to return Israelis to their settlements, the occupation entity warned that border calm would be restored either through diplomatic means or through a military operation.
Contradicting all previous media reports, the source told Axios that "Israel" did not plan to launch a war on Lebanon in January.
However, the outlet said, citing sources, that "Tel Aviv" was concerned that the Resistance in Lebanon would be the party initiating an operation, adding that it took time for the Israeli Security Minister to convince Hochstein that the entity was truly interested in a diplomatic solution.
Meron attacked previously
The Islamic Resistance in Lebanon Hezbollah announced in early January that "Meron" was attacked with 62 missiles and rockets, noting that this is the "initial response" to the Israeli assassination of Hamas' senior leader Shiekh Saleh al-Arouri and his companions in Beirut's Southern Suburb.