Al Mayadeen English

  • Ar
  • Es
  • x
Al Mayadeen English

Slogan

  • News
    • Politics
    • Economy
    • Sports
    • Arts&Culture
    • Health
    • Miscellaneous
    • Technology
    • Environment
  • Articles
    • Opinion
    • Analysis
    • Blog
    • Features
  • Videos
    • NewsFeed
    • Video Features
    • Explainers
    • TV
    • Digital Series
  • Infographs
  • In Pictures
  • • LIVE
News
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Sports
  • Arts&Culture
  • Health
  • Miscellaneous
  • Technology
  • Environment
Articles
  • Opinion
  • Analysis
  • Blog
  • Features
Videos
  • NewsFeed
  • Video Features
  • Explainers
  • TV
  • Digital Series
Infographs
In Pictures
  • Africa
  • Asia
  • Asia-Pacific
  • Europe
  • Latin America
  • MENA
  • Palestine
  • US & Canada
BREAKING
Al Mayadeen's correspondent in South Lebanon: Israeli occupation targets bulldozer working to remove rubble of destroyed home in Shebaa.
IRGC sources tell Al Mayadeen that reports of Iranian missile strikes on northern Iraq are false, calling them rumors spread by enemy-linked media.
Trump: Venezuela airspace should be considered 'closed in its entirety'
AFP: Ukraine behind attack on Russian 'shadow fleet' tankers in Black Sea
Sheikh Qassem: We, our allies, the honorable in our nation, our people, and our army will never accept being subservient to the US or 'Israel'
Sheikh Qassem: They must despair, for whatever they do, this people cannot be defeated or broken, and we shall neither fall nor yield
Sheikh Qassem: Threats neither advance nor delay matters, yet the possibility of war or its absence exists because 'Israel' and the US are weighing their options
Sheikh Qassem: All these threats are simply a form of political pressure after a whole year of efforts proved ineffective
Sheikh Qassem: 'Israel's' 'servants' in Lebanon are few, but they cause problems by obstructing the country’s stability, growth, and liberation alongside the US and 'Israel'
Sheikh Qassem: Weapons block 'Israel’s' project, and anyone seeking disarmament plays into 'Israel’s' hands

Hezbollah persists pressure on north, strikes Israeli bases, forces

  • By Al Mayadeen English
  • Source: Al Mayadeen
  • 2 Sep 2024 19:18
3 Min Read

Hezbollah says that its operations are in support of Gaza and its Resistance.

Listen
  • x
  • Hezbollah persists pressure on north, strikes Israeli bases, forces
    A screenshot from a video released by the Lebanese Islamic Resistance, Hezbollah, showing footage of their fighters preparing for an operation against positions for the IOF on November 10, 2023 (Military media)

The Islamic Resistance in Lebanon - Hezbollah announced a series of operations on Monday targeting Israeli military sites and forces in northern occupied Palestine in support of the Palestinian people in Gaza and their Resistance.

Hezbollah also conducted several attacks in response to the ongoing Israeli aggressions on Lebanon.

"In response to the ongoing Israeli attacks on resilient southern Lebanese villages and civilian homes," Hezbollah launched its first operation by targeting a building used by Israeli soldiers in the Avivim settlement. This was shortly followed by another successful strike on a building used by Israeli forces in the Manara settlement. The Resistance group confirmed that both buildings were successfully hit.

Read more: Hezbollah launches swarm of drones at Israeli sites amid ops

At 10:10 AM, Resistance fighters launched an artillery strike on Israeli forces stationed at the Adathir Heights, achieving another direct hit, Hezbollah announced.

Later in the day, at 3:55 PM, the group carried out rocket attacks on two strategic positions in the occupied Lebanese territories: the Ramtha Israeli military site in the Kfar Shuba Hills and the Zibdin Israeli military site in the Shebaa Farms, both of which were struck with precision.

Additionally, in retaliation for the Israeli attacks on the town of Naqoura earlier this morning, Hezbollah said its fighters launched a barrage of Katyusha rockets at the settlements of Ein Yaakov, Ga'aton, and Yehiam.

'No one prepared us'

Israeli newspaper Yedioth Ahronoth reported Tuesday that over 5,650 Israeli occupation forces soldiers have been injured or fallen ill on the northern front since October 7.

The soldiers have been receiving treatment at the Galilee Medical Center in Nahariya and Ziv Hospital in Safed, according to the report.

Hospital directors have expressed deep concern over the uncertain duration of the confrontations in the north.

Read more: Hezbollah is erasing Israeli deterrence: Former Israeli general

"We have been underground for 11 months, and we cannot see the end," the hospital officials stated as cited by the outlet.

Masad Barhoum, the director of the Galilee Medical Center in Nahariya, echoed these concerns, reiterating that he "cannot see the end."

"No one prepared us to stay underground for 11 months. It is a very, very significant challenge."

He warned of the potential failure of the medical system to cope with the influx of wounded, despite the hospitals in the region being well-equipped. Moreover, many of the wounded soldiers, he noted, are requesting treatment away from the border with Lebanon.

  • Palestine
  • Al-Aqsa Flood
  • Israel
  • Hezbollah
  • Lebanon
  • Gaza

Most Read

13 elite Israeli troops were wounded in a confrontations in Beit Jinn, Syria.

13 elite Israeli troops wounded in confrontations in southern Syria

  • West Asia
  • 28 Nov 2025
Hezbollah announces the martyrdom of Haitham al-Tabatabai

Hezbollah announces the martyrdom of commander Haitham Tabatabai

  • West Asia
  • 23 Nov 2025
Hezbollah publishes biography of martyred leader Haitham al-Tabatabai

Hezbollah publishes biography of martyred leader Haitham Tabatabai

  • Politics
  • 23 Nov 2025
Hezbollah releases the names of the four martyred with Tabatabai

Hezbollah releases the names of the 4 martyred alongside Tabatabai

  • West Asia
  • 24 Nov 2025

Coverage

All
In Five

Read Next

All
U.S. F-35 fighter jets fly over José Aponte de la Torre Airport in Ceiba, Puerto Rico, Friday, September 19, 2025. (AP Photo/Alejandro Granadillo)
Politics

Venezuela condemns US 'colonial-style' threat to national airspace

Palestinians walk through the destruction left by the Israeli air and ground offensive in Gaza City, Saturday, Nov. 29, 2025. (AP)
Politics

Gaza death toll exceeds 70,000 as Israeli crimes continue

Ireland removes name of former Israeli president from Dublin park
Europe

Ireland removes name of Ex. Israeli regime president from Dublin park

Gazan brothers Jomaa and Fadi Abu Assi, 8 and 9, in an undated photo (Social media)
Politics

Gaza: Two brothers, aged 8 and 9, killed by 'Israel' on their way home

Al Mayadeen English

Al Mayadeen is an Arab Independent Media Satellite Channel.

All Rights Reserved

  • x
  • Privacy Policy
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Authors
Android
iOS