Iranian advisor responds to Western media: Information misleading
After Western media began blaming Iran for a seemingly negative outcome of the JCPOA negotiations based on US rhetoric, the advisor to the Iranian delegation in the Vienna negotiations, Seyed Mohammad Marandi, responds without hesitation.
The advisor to the Iranian delegation in the Vienna negotiations, Seyed Mohammad Marandi, said, on Tuesday, that what is being promoted through the Western media about the course of the ongoing negotiations to reach an agreement is "misleading", and that the Iranian nuclear program "will not be dismantled."
In a tweet via his personal account, Marandi responded to Reuters article titled "Exclusive: Iran has dropped some demands for nuclear deal, U.S. official says" by arguing that the title is "very misleading," and that "I've said for MONTHS, removing the Guards from the FTO is not a precondition. No deal will be implemented before the IAEA Board of Directors PERMANENTLY closes the false accusations file."
Marandi further highlighted in the same tweet that "Iran's nuclear program will not be dismantled."
Very misleading. I've said for MONTHS, removing the Guards from the FTO is not a precondition.— Seyed Mohammad Marandi (@s_m_marandi) August 23, 2022
No deal will be implemented before the IAEA Board of Directors PERMANENTLY closes the false accusations file.
Iran's nuclear program will not be dismantled.https://t.co/J8OLsqlhwS
Earlier, a US official told Reuters that "Iran must dismantle its nuclear program" to reach an agreement, noting that Washington "will never accept Iran's condition that it asks for guarantees that the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) will close all open files against it," most notably allegations about "the effects of uranium." Which was addressed in the IAEA report last June directed against Iran.
Iranian Atomic Energy: Grossi is driven by Israeli directives
Earlier today, the head of the Iranian Atomic Energy Organization, Mohammad Eslami, considered that all the issues, places, and documents related to the Iranian nuclear issue raised by the Director-General of the International Atomic Energy Agency, Rafael Grossi, are "alleged matters directed and motivated by Israel."
The head of the Iranian organization added that "the director general of the IAEA should not adopt the positions and pressures of the Zionist entity as an agenda," stressing that Tehran "responded to the aforementioned allegations several times," and explained that Iran "is carrying out all its nuclear activities in accordance with guarantees."
It is worth noting that, on August 15, Iran submitted an official response to the EU on the proposal for returning to the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) regarding the Iranian nuclear program.
The EU's foreign policy commissioner, Josep Borrell, said, earlier on Tuesday, that most countries that are part of discussions with Iran on reviving the 2015 nuclear deal say they agree with the bloc's latest proposal as all sides wait for the United States to respond after Tehran gave its opinion on the draft.
Borrell said during an interview with Spain's national broadcaster TVE on August 23: "Most of them agree, but I still don't have the answer from the United States, who I understand have to discuss it, and we expect during this week to receive an answer". This comes after his Tweet last month urging a decision to be made as soon as possible.