Al Mayadeen English

  • Ar
  • Es
  • x
Al Mayadeen English

Slogan

  • News
    • Politics
    • Economy
    • Sports
    • Arts&Culture
    • Health
    • Miscellaneous
    • Technology
    • Environment
  • Articles
    • Opinion
    • Analysis
    • Blog
    • Features
  • Videos
    • NewsFeed
    • Video Features
    • Explainers
    • TV
    • Digital Series
  • Infographs
  • In Pictures
  • • LIVE
News
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Sports
  • Arts&Culture
  • Health
  • Miscellaneous
  • Technology
  • Environment
Articles
  • Opinion
  • Analysis
  • Blog
  • Features
Videos
  • NewsFeed
  • Video Features
  • Explainers
  • TV
  • Digital Series
Infographs
In Pictures
  • Africa
  • Asia
  • Asia-Pacific
  • Europe
  • Latin America
  • MENA
  • Palestine
  • US & Canada
BREAKING
Al Mayadeen's correspondent in South Lebanon: Israeli occupation targets bulldozer working to remove rubble of destroyed home in Shebaa.
IRGC sources tell Al Mayadeen that reports of Iranian missile strikes on northern Iraq are false, calling them rumors spread by enemy-linked media.
Trump: Venezuela airspace should be considered 'closed in its entirety'
AFP: Ukraine behind attack on Russian 'shadow fleet' tankers in Black Sea
Sheikh Qassem: We, our allies, the honorable in our nation, our people, and our army will never accept being subservient to the US or 'Israel'
Sheikh Qassem: They must despair, for whatever they do, this people cannot be defeated or broken, and we shall neither fall nor yield
Sheikh Qassem: Threats neither advance nor delay matters, yet the possibility of war or its absence exists because 'Israel' and the US are weighing their options
Sheikh Qassem: All these threats are simply a form of political pressure after a whole year of efforts proved ineffective
Sheikh Qassem: 'Israel's' 'servants' in Lebanon are few, but they cause problems by obstructing the country’s stability, growth, and liberation alongside the US and 'Israel'
Sheikh Qassem: Weapons block 'Israel’s' project, and anyone seeking disarmament plays into 'Israel’s' hands

Israeli delegation leaves Cairo, considers US proposal 'serious'

  • By Al Mayadeen English
  • Source: Al Mayadeen English
  • 8 Apr 2024 15:20
  • 1 Shares
3 Min Read

In a new development in negotiations, the Israeli delegation regards the newly devised American proposal as 'serious' and comprehensive.

  • x
  • A handout picture released by the Egyptian Presidency shows Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sissi (R) meeting with CIA director William Burns (C-L) at Ittihadiya Palace in Cairo, on February 13, 2024. (AFP)
    A handout picture released by the Egyptian Presidency shows Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sissi (R) meeting with CIA director William Burns (C-L) at Ittihadiya Palace in Cairo, on February 13, 2024. (AFP)

Israeli Channel 12 reported on Monday that the Israeli delegation to Cairo, led by Mossad chief David Barnea, was heading back to the occupation. 

According to the news outlet, negotiators discussed on Sunday a US-brokered proposal embraced by mediators, including the head of the CIA. "Israel" reportedly said it was a serious proposal and has yet to respond to it. 

Hamas's delegation to Cairo had confirmed, during a meeting with the Egyptian Minister of Intelligence, Abbas Kamel, the movement’s adherence to its national demands in the ceasefire negotiations.

No agreement if Resistance demands not secured

Earlier on Monday, a senior source within the Palestinian factions told Al Mayadeen that no progress has been achieved in the ongoing negotiations in Cairo.

The source affirmed that the Resistance's delegation went to the negotiations in Cairo armed with the nationally agreed-upon Palestinian stance.

The source stressed that Palestinian demands are clear, and there will be no agreement or exchange deal without securing them.

These include an immediate cessation of hostilities, the withdrawal of Israeli occupation forces from Gaza, the return of displaced persons, accommodation for the people of Gaza, and the reconstruction of the Strip.

The demands also include the opening of crossings for the entry of aid into Gaza, the lifting of the Israeli siege imposed on the Strip, and the completion of a genuine prisoner exchange deal.

According to the source, all attempts and efforts made by mediators to achieve an agreement and a prisoner exchange deal have been met with intransigence and obstruction by the Israeli occupation.

Netanyahu promises Israelis victory after large-scale Gaza withdrawal

The Israeli occupation is "one step away from victory," Israeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, claimed on Sunday after news broke out that almost all Israeli occupation forces combat units withdrew from the Gaza Strip.

In the same address, Netanyahu vowed that his government will not agree to a truce until the Palestinian Resistance frees all Israeli captives, most of whom are military personnel taken captive on October 7, 2023. 

"We are one step away from victory," Netanyahu said. "But the price we paid is painful and heartbreaking."

"There will be no ceasefire without the return of hostages. It just won't happen," the Israeli Prime Minister said, as mediated talks were expected to resume in Cairo between the Israeli side and the Palestinian Resistance.

Earlier today, Israeli media outlets reported on the withdrawal of the 98th Division, comprising three brigades, including the 7th Armored Brigade, from Khan Younis after four months of confrontations there.

Only one brigade, the Nahal Patrol Brigade, remained stationed in the Gaza Strip. It was emphasized that the brigade's main task was to secure the Netzarim Corridor, to impede the return of Gaza residents to the northern Strip.

  • United States
  • Palestine
  • cairo negotiations
  • Israeli occupation
  • Hamas
  • Gaza
  • Cairo

Most Read

13 elite Israeli troops were wounded in a confrontations in Beit Jinn, Syria.

13 elite Israeli troops wounded in confrontations in southern Syria

  • West Asia
  • 28 Nov 2025
Hezbollah announces the martyrdom of Haitham al-Tabatabai

Hezbollah announces the martyrdom of commander Haitham Tabatabai

  • West Asia
  • 23 Nov 2025
Hezbollah publishes biography of martyred leader Haitham al-Tabatabai

Hezbollah publishes biography of martyred leader Haitham Tabatabai

  • Politics
  • 23 Nov 2025
Hezbollah releases the names of the four martyred with Tabatabai

Hezbollah releases the names of the 4 martyred alongside Tabatabai

  • West Asia
  • 24 Nov 2025

Coverage

All
In Five

Read Next

All
U.S. F-35 fighter jets fly over José Aponte de la Torre Airport in Ceiba, Puerto Rico, Friday, September 19, 2025. (AP Photo/Alejandro Granadillo)
Politics

Venezuela condemns US 'colonial-style' threat to national airspace

Palestinians walk through the destruction left by the Israeli air and ground offensive in Gaza City, Saturday, Nov. 29, 2025. (AP)
Politics

Gaza death toll exceeds 70,000 as Israeli crimes continue

Ireland removes name of former Israeli president from Dublin park
Europe

Ireland removes name of Ex. Israeli regime president from Dublin park

Gazan brothers Jomaa and Fadi Abu Assi, 8 and 9, in an undated photo (Social media)
Politics

Gaza: Two brothers, aged 8 and 9, killed by 'Israel' on their way home

Al Mayadeen English

Al Mayadeen is an Arab Independent Media Satellite Channel.

All Rights Reserved

  • x
  • Privacy Policy
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Authors
Android
iOS