Israeli security source: Washington given up demands in JCPOA talks
Israeli media is arguing that the US has forfeited its demands regarding the negotiations for the renewal of the Iran nuclear deal.
Israeli media cited, on Tuesday, a security source revealing that "the United States of America has relinquished all its demands to Iran." The source explains that "the assessment is that at this stage the crystallized agreement cannot be stopped," and that "Tehran got the dream deal."
The Israeli media also commented that "the nuclear agreement will pump Iran and the Revolution's Guard with more money," noting that "Arab countries expressed their concern about the agreement before US President Joe Biden."
Furthermore, Israeli Channel 13 cited a high-ranking political source stating that "the situation is not good." The source considered that "the weak point [in the negotiations] is the investigation files pertaining to the International Atomic Energy Agency," to which he said that "assessments indicate that the agreement is fait accompli."
Earlier on Tuesday, the deputy director of political affairs at the president's office, Muhammad Jamshidi, said that "removing the IRGC from the "US terrorism list" was an American proposal to the former Iranian government."
In response to US allegations published by Reuters entitled "Exclusive: Iran has dropped some demands for nuclear deal, U.S. official says," Jamshidi stressed that “adding this American proposal to remove the name of the Revolution Guards [IRGC] from the US list of terrorist organizations at the time, came to force Iran to accept negotiations on the issues pertaining to its regional role and missile capabilities."
In this context a few days ago, Israeli media cited political sources saying that "Iran is close to signing the nuclear agreement in exchange for the great powers," declaring that "Israel sees the current agreement as a bad agreement, and is preparing for different scenarios."
The military affairs commentator for the Israeli Walla! website, Amir Bukhbut, said that "Israel will not sit quietly against the backdrop of developments in the negotiations between Iran and the United States on the nuclear project," adding that "the Iranians are pulling the Americans out of their noses brilliantly."
On August 18, the Israeli government transmitted a message to the US administration, stating that "the draft EU agreement, which is being discussed with Iran, exceeds the limits of the 2015 nuclear agreement, and does not conform to the red lines of the Biden administration."
According to Walla!, Lapid's message came amid feelings in the Israeli government that President Biden and senior White House officials are not fully aware of the concessions that were included in the new draft EU agreement, which was granted to Iran.