Al Mayadeen English

  • Ar
  • Es
  • x
Al Mayadeen English

Slogan

  • News
    • Politics
    • Economy
    • Sports
    • Arts&Culture
    • Health
    • Miscellaneous
    • Technology
    • Environment
  • Articles
    • Opinion
    • Analysis
    • Blog
    • Features
  • Videos
    • NewsFeed
    • Video Features
    • Explainers
    • TV
    • Digital Series
  • Infographs
  • In Pictures
  • • LIVE
News
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Sports
  • Arts&Culture
  • Health
  • Miscellaneous
  • Technology
  • Environment
Articles
  • Opinion
  • Analysis
  • Blog
  • Features
Videos
  • NewsFeed
  • Video Features
  • Explainers
  • TV
  • Digital Series
Infographs
In Pictures
  • Africa
  • Asia
  • Asia-Pacific
  • Europe
  • Latin America
  • MENA
  • Palestine
  • US & Canada
BREAKING
Al Mayadeen's correspondent in South Lebanon: Israeli occupation targets bulldozer working to remove rubble of destroyed home in Shebaa.
IRGC sources tell Al Mayadeen that reports of Iranian missile strikes on northern Iraq are false, calling them rumors spread by enemy-linked media.
Trump: Venezuela airspace should be considered 'closed in its entirety'
AFP: Ukraine behind attack on Russian 'shadow fleet' tankers in Black Sea
Sheikh Qassem: We, our allies, the honorable in our nation, our people, and our army will never accept being subservient to the US or 'Israel'
Sheikh Qassem: They must despair, for whatever they do, this people cannot be defeated or broken, and we shall neither fall nor yield
Sheikh Qassem: Threats neither advance nor delay matters, yet the possibility of war or its absence exists because 'Israel' and the US are weighing their options
Sheikh Qassem: All these threats are simply a form of political pressure after a whole year of efforts proved ineffective
Sheikh Qassem: 'Israel's' 'servants' in Lebanon are few, but they cause problems by obstructing the country’s stability, growth, and liberation alongside the US and 'Israel'
Sheikh Qassem: Weapons block 'Israel’s' project, and anyone seeking disarmament plays into 'Israel’s' hands

New US proposal serves Netanyahu's agenda: Source to Al Mayadeen

  • By Al Mayadeen English
  • Source: Al Mayadeen English
  • 18 Sep 2024 00:07
2 Min Read

A source within the Palestinian Resistance confirms that the new proposal, brokered by the US, does not include Hamas' non-negotiables and only serves "Israel's" agenda.

Listen
  • x
  • Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu heads the weekly cabinet meeting at the Defense Ministry in Tel Aviv on January 7, 2024. (AFP)
    Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu heads the weekly cabinet meeting in Tel Aviv on January 7, 2024. (AFP)

A source within the Palestinian Resistance told Al Mayadeen that a new American proposal will be presented to mediators in the upcoming days, under the title of "Bridging the Gaps". 

According to the source, the proposal "succumbs to the deception practiced by the head of the occupation government, Benjamin Netanyahu, represents a surrender to his will, and aims to obstruct the establishment of an agreement at any cost."

It was further revealed that the proposal does not include a permanent ceasefire, nor a comprehensive withdrawal of the occupation forces from Gaza, and leaves the matters of crossings, relief, shelter, and the return of the displaced subject to Israeli approval.

Thereby, the source stressed that the US administration, through its proposal, continues to serve Netanyahu's agenda and reduce internal and external pressures exerted on him. 

Read more: US failed to reach ceasefire proposal pleasing Resistance, 'Israel'

Netanyahu new demands to take talks back to square one: Hamas official

Last week, Izzat al-Rishq, a member of Hamas' political bureau, said that unless pressure is imposed on Israeli occupation Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to adhere to the agreed terms regarding the prisoner exchange deal, the Israeli captives will not see the light of day.

Al-Rishq indicated on Monday that "everyone knows that Netanyahu and his Nazi government are the sides obstructing the agreement."

He emphasized that the Palestinian Resistance's demands are clear and non-negotiable: a permanent cessation of Israeli aggression on Gaza and a complete withdrawal of Israeli occupation forces from the Strip.

The Hamas official warned against considering Netanyahu's new conditions as a basis for negotiation, as this would take the prisoner exchange and ceasefire talks back to square one.

Al-Rishq also dismissed the claims circulated by the Israeli occupation and some American sources about new demands introduced by Hamas as false, considering them an attempt to evade responsibility for "Israel's role in delaying the negotiations to stop the aggression against the Palestinian people.

  • United States
  • war on Gaza
  • Israel
  • Benjamin Netanyahu
  • Israeli occupation
  • Gaza ceasefire
  • Hamas

Most Read

13 elite Israeli troops were wounded in a confrontations in Beit Jinn, Syria.

13 elite Israeli troops wounded in confrontations in southern Syria

  • West Asia
  • 28 Nov 2025
Hezbollah announces the martyrdom of Haitham al-Tabatabai

Hezbollah announces the martyrdom of commander Haitham Tabatabai

  • West Asia
  • 23 Nov 2025
Hezbollah publishes biography of martyred leader Haitham al-Tabatabai

Hezbollah publishes biography of martyred leader Haitham Tabatabai

  • Politics
  • 23 Nov 2025
Hezbollah releases the names of the four martyred with Tabatabai

Hezbollah releases the names of the 4 martyred alongside Tabatabai

  • West Asia
  • 24 Nov 2025

Coverage

All
In Five

Read Next

All
U.S. F-35 fighter jets fly over José Aponte de la Torre Airport in Ceiba, Puerto Rico, Friday, September 19, 2025. (AP Photo/Alejandro Granadillo)
Politics

Venezuela condemns US 'colonial-style' threat to national airspace

Palestinians walk through the destruction left by the Israeli air and ground offensive in Gaza City, Saturday, Nov. 29, 2025. (AP)
Politics

Gaza death toll exceeds 70,000 as Israeli crimes continue

Ireland removes name of former Israeli president from Dublin park
Europe

Ireland removes name of Ex. Israeli regime president from Dublin park

Gazan brothers Jomaa and Fadi Abu Assi, 8 and 9, in an undated photo (Social media)
Politics

Gaza: Two brothers, aged 8 and 9, killed by 'Israel' on their way home

Al Mayadeen English

Al Mayadeen is an Arab Independent Media Satellite Channel.

All Rights Reserved

  • x
  • Privacy Policy
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Authors
Android
iOS