Al Mayadeen English

  • Ar
  • Es
  • x
Al Mayadeen English

Slogan

  • News
    • Politics
    • Economy
    • Sports
    • Arts&Culture
    • Health
    • Miscellaneous
    • Technology
    • Environment
  • Articles
    • Opinion
    • Analysis
    • Blog
    • Features
  • Videos
    • NewsFeed
    • Video Features
    • Explainers
    • TV
    • Digital Series
  • Infographs
  • In Pictures
  • • LIVE
News
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Sports
  • Arts&Culture
  • Health
  • Miscellaneous
  • Technology
  • Environment
Articles
  • Opinion
  • Analysis
  • Blog
  • Features
Videos
  • NewsFeed
  • Video Features
  • Explainers
  • TV
  • Digital Series
Infographs
In Pictures
  • Africa
  • Asia
  • Asia-Pacific
  • Europe
  • Latin America
  • MENA
  • Palestine
  • US & Canada
BREAKING
Al Mayadeen's correspondent in South Lebanon: Israeli occupation targets bulldozer working to remove rubble of destroyed home in Shebaa.
IRGC sources tell Al Mayadeen that reports of Iranian missile strikes on northern Iraq are false, calling them rumors spread by enemy-linked media.
Trump: Venezuela airspace should be considered 'closed in its entirety'
AFP: Ukraine behind attack on Russian 'shadow fleet' tankers in Black Sea
Sheikh Qassem: We, our allies, the honorable in our nation, our people, and our army will never accept being subservient to the US or 'Israel'
Sheikh Qassem: They must despair, for whatever they do, this people cannot be defeated or broken, and we shall neither fall nor yield
Sheikh Qassem: Threats neither advance nor delay matters, yet the possibility of war or its absence exists because 'Israel' and the US are weighing their options
Sheikh Qassem: All these threats are simply a form of political pressure after a whole year of efforts proved ineffective
Sheikh Qassem: 'Israel's' 'servants' in Lebanon are few, but they cause problems by obstructing the country’s stability, growth, and liberation alongside the US and 'Israel'
Sheikh Qassem: Weapons block 'Israel’s' project, and anyone seeking disarmament plays into 'Israel’s' hands

Only 392 food trucks entered Gaza in 20 days: Media Office

  • By Al Mayadeen English
  • Source: Al Mayadeen
  • 20 Apr 2024 23:48
3 Min Read

The head of Gaza's Media Office says the US and Israelis are lying about improved food aid delivery to the Strip.

  • x
  • Only 392 food trucks entered Gaza in 20 days: Media Office
    Palestinian volunteers distribute rations of red lentil soup to children forcibly displaced by the Israeli occupation in Rafah in the southern Gaza Strip on February 18, 2024 (AFP)

The head of the Government Media Office in Gaza revealed on Saturday that the occupation has been promoting a false narrative for some time about improving the mechanism for delivering aid and increasing the number of trucks entering the Strip.

Salama Marouf pointed out that the World Food Programme WFP has denied the Israeli claims by announcing the entry of only 392 food trucks into Gaza in April so far.

Read more: Number of respiratory disease cases spike in Gaza: Media office

🔴This week in #Gaza, 3 WFP convoys with enough food and wheat flour for nearly 80,000 people crossed into the north from the Erez crossing for the first time.

🔴So far in April, 392 trucks carrying food have entered Gaza. This is nearly the same rate as March but half that… pic.twitter.com/yADEKaR1wc

— World Food Programme (@WFP) April 18, 2024

The UN organization clarified that this number is "almost the same rate as in March, but half the number compared to January."

Marouf emphasized that WFP's announcement aligns completely with the documented statistics of the government office, which confirm that the Israeli narrative adopted by the United States of aid deliveries reaching around 300 per day is "pure lies and falsification of reality."

He said that the total number of aid trucks entering daily on average is between 130-150 trucks, which actually represents approximately 25% of what it was before the aggression started last October.

Read more: Day 197: 34,049 killed, 76,901 injured

According to records from the government office, the total number of aid trucks delivered into Gaza since the start of this month has remained below 2,800. This includes 744 trucks that entered via the Rafah crossing and approximately 2,000 trucks through the Karam Abu Salem crossing. However, the northern areas of Gaza received only 327 aid trucks during the same period.

Starvation war

Marouf stressed that the northern areas of Gaza are still suffering a real food crisis and a clear shortage of various commodities and that the limited delivery of some goods and materials is for traders with special coordination in return for large sums of money.

He added that the only way to stop the famine in northern Gaza and address the food crisis in the Gaza Strip is to open all crossings and ensure regular and sustainable access to aid and goods without restriction and to stop the aggression on Gaza.

Read more: Israeli war on Gaza created ‘humanitarian hellscape’: Guterres

The Media Office held the US administration and the Israeli occupation responsible for continuing the starvation war, preventing the entry of aid, and subjecting civilians to pressure through food restriction, which goes against international and humanitarian laws.

It called on all international and human rights organizations and all free world countries to pressure the US administration and the Israeli occupation to open all Gaza crossings to allow the entry of 1,000 aid trucks daily to end the catastrophic humanitarian situation in the Strip.

  • United States
  • World Food Programme
  • Palestine
  • Al-Aqsa Flood
  • Israel
  • Gaza Media Office
  • Gaza
  • Salama Maarouf

Most Read

13 elite Israeli troops were wounded in a confrontations in Beit Jinn, Syria.

13 elite Israeli troops wounded in confrontations in southern Syria

  • West Asia
  • 28 Nov 2025
Hezbollah announces the martyrdom of Haitham al-Tabatabai

Hezbollah announces the martyrdom of commander Haitham Tabatabai

  • West Asia
  • 23 Nov 2025
Hezbollah publishes biography of martyred leader Haitham al-Tabatabai

Hezbollah publishes biography of martyred leader Haitham Tabatabai

  • Politics
  • 23 Nov 2025
Hezbollah releases the names of the four martyred with Tabatabai

Hezbollah releases the names of the 4 martyred alongside Tabatabai

  • West Asia
  • 24 Nov 2025

Coverage

All
In Five

Read Next

All
U.S. F-35 fighter jets fly over José Aponte de la Torre Airport in Ceiba, Puerto Rico, Friday, September 19, 2025. (AP Photo/Alejandro Granadillo)
Politics

Venezuela condemns US 'colonial-style' threat to national airspace

Palestinians walk through the destruction left by the Israeli air and ground offensive in Gaza City, Saturday, Nov. 29, 2025. (AP)
Politics

Gaza death toll exceeds 70,000 as Israeli crimes continue

Ireland removes name of former Israeli president from Dublin park
Europe

Ireland removes name of Ex. Israeli regime president from Dublin park

Gazan brothers Jomaa and Fadi Abu Assi, 8 and 9, in an undated photo (Social media)
Politics

Gaza: Two brothers, aged 8 and 9, killed by 'Israel' on their way home

Al Mayadeen English

Al Mayadeen is an Arab Independent Media Satellite Channel.

All Rights Reserved

  • x
  • Privacy Policy
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Authors
Android
iOS