Al Mayadeen English

  • Ar
  • Es
  • x
Al Mayadeen English

Slogan

  • News
    • Politics
    • Economy
    • Sports
    • Arts&Culture
    • Health
    • Miscellaneous
    • Technology
    • Environment
  • Articles
    • Opinion
    • Analysis
    • Blog
    • Features
  • Videos
    • NewsFeed
    • Video Features
    • Explainers
    • TV
    • Digital Series
  • Infographs
  • In Pictures
  • • LIVE
News
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Sports
  • Arts&Culture
  • Health
  • Miscellaneous
  • Technology
  • Environment
Articles
  • Opinion
  • Analysis
  • Blog
  • Features
Videos
  • NewsFeed
  • Video Features
  • Explainers
  • TV
  • Digital Series
Infographs
In Pictures
  • Africa
  • Asia
  • Asia-Pacific
  • Europe
  • Latin America
  • MENA
  • Palestine
  • US & Canada
BREAKING
IRGC sources tell Al Mayadeen that reports of Iranian missile strikes on northern Iraq are false, calling them rumors spread by enemy-linked media.
Trump: Venezuela airspace should be considered 'closed in its entirety'
AFP: Ukraine behind attack on Russian 'shadow fleet' tankers in Black Sea
Sheikh Qassem: We, our allies, the honorable in our nation, our people, and our army will never accept being subservient to the US or 'Israel'
Sheikh Qassem: They must despair, for whatever they do, this people cannot be defeated or broken, and we shall neither fall nor yield
Sheikh Qassem: Threats neither advance nor delay matters, yet the possibility of war or its absence exists because 'Israel' and the US are weighing their options
Sheikh Qassem: All these threats are simply a form of political pressure after a whole year of efforts proved ineffective
Sheikh Qassem: 'Israel's' 'servants' in Lebanon are few, but they cause problems by obstructing the country’s stability, growth, and liberation alongside the US and 'Israel'
Sheikh Qassem: Weapons block 'Israel’s' project, and anyone seeking disarmament plays into 'Israel’s' hands
Sheikh Qassem: The agreement came because we held fast, empowered by our vision, our faith, our will, our people, our patriotism, and our unwavering attachment to our land

Poland says 'Israel' apologized for massacre of WCK workers in Gaza

  • By Al Mayadeen English
  • Source: Agencies
  • 5 Apr 2024 16:34
  • 1 Shares
3 Min Read

Poland demands that the Polish prosecution partake in the investigation and that disciplinary action be taken against the IOF soldiers responsible for the attack.

  • x
  • A post of a memorial for Damian Sobol, the Polish worker killed in the Israeli attack on the World Central Kitchen (AP)
    A post of a memorial for Damian Sobol, the Polish worker killed in the Israeli attack on the World Central Kitchen (AP)

Poland said on Friday that the Israeli Ambassador apologized for the Israeli air strike on the World Central Kitchen that killed the Polish aid worker, Damian Sobol, in addition to six others in Gaza this week.

Sobol was among the seven people working for celebrity chef Jose Andres' World Central Kitchen who were all killed by "Israel". 

During a press conference, Polish Deputy Foreign Minister Andrzej Szejna said, "I handed over a note of protest to the ambassador. The ambassador apologized for this event, which has no precedent in the history of the civilized world."

However, he confirmed that the Israeli Ambassador Yacov Livne would not be expelled from the country, adding that Poland demanded that the Polish prosecution partake in the investigation and that disciplinary action be taken against the IOF soldiers responsible for the attack.

The community of PrzemyÅ›l, Poland has come together to organize a local memorial on Thursday, April 4 to honor WCK hero Damian Soból. Both the mass & memorial walk are open to the public—all are welcome to attend & pay tribute to Damian. Please see the infographic for details. pic.twitter.com/dPrmeKAfZI

— World Central Kitchen (@WCKitchen) April 4, 2024

"The information we received so far is not satisfactory, but we see this meeting as a change of tone," he noted.

On his part, the Ambassador took to the social media platform X to say that the "extreme right and left" in Poland were accusing "Israel" of intentional murder, expressing that "antisemites will always remain antisemites."

In light of Poland's loss, Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Pawel Wronski revealed that an investigation looking into Damian's death was ongoing and awaiting verification and explanation from Israeli occupation forces and authorities. 

The World Central Kitchen, established in 2010 by Spanish-American chef Jose Andres, has paused its operations in Gaza since the attack, which also left one Palestinian worker killed, in addition to citizens from Australia, the US, Britain, and Poland.

Israeli war crimes continue as citizens from Australia, Britain, and Poland, along with four others, were killed while working for the World Central Kitchen, a food aid NGO, in an Israeli airstrike on Monday.#Gaza pic.twitter.com/XiwrjNJz6D

— Al Mayadeen English (@MayadeenEnglish) April 2, 2024

The bodies handed over to the UN included Damian Sobol, a 35-year-old from Poland; Jacob Flickinger, a 33-year-old dual US-Canadian citizen; Lalzawmi Frankcom, a 43-year-old Australian citizen; and three British citizens: John Chapman, 57; James Henderson, 33; and James Kirby, 47.

"It’s very complicated to understand. … America is going to be sending its Navy and its military to do humanitarian work, but at the same time weapons provided by America … are killing civilians," Andres told Reuters in an interview.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, in an obvious attempt at soothing public opinion, claimed while smiling in a video release that the targeting of a convoy of the NGO's vehicles was a mere "accident". It should be worth noting that the convoy was struck three times separately.

Read next: Spain, Ireland branch off EU, become 'Israel's' harshest critics

  • Poland
  • WCK
  • Israel
  • Damian Sobol
  • world central kitchen
  • Gaza

Most Read

13 elite Israeli troops were wounded in a confrontations in Beit Jinn, Syria.

13 elite Israeli troops wounded in confrontations in southern Syria

  • West Asia
  • 28 Nov 2025
Hezbollah announces the martyrdom of Haitham al-Tabatabai

Hezbollah announces the martyrdom of commander Haitham Tabatabai

  • West Asia
  • 23 Nov 2025
Hezbollah publishes biography of martyred leader Haitham al-Tabatabai

Hezbollah publishes biography of martyred leader Haitham Tabatabai

  • Politics
  • 23 Nov 2025
Hezbollah releases the names of the four martyred with Tabatabai

Hezbollah releases the names of the 4 martyred alongside Tabatabai

  • West Asia
  • 24 Nov 2025

Coverage

All
In Five

Read Next

All
National Guard are seen after reports of two National Guard soldiers shot near the White House in Washington, Wednesday, November 26, 2025. (AP Photo/Evan Vucci)
Politics

NG shooting suspect belonged to CIA 'Zero Units' in Afghanistan

This satellite image taken by Airbus DS shows objects on the ground at the Saudi Maternity Hospital in el-Fasher, Sudan (AP)
Politics

Inside the RSF’s brutal campaign against El Fasher’s healthcare

Lebanon urges UN action as 'Israel' builds new walls inside its border
Politics

Lebanon files UN complaint over Israeli concrete walls inside border

UN slams 'Israel' over Gaza torture reports, urges full investigation
Politics

UN slams 'Israel' over Gaza torture reports, urges full investigation

Al Mayadeen English

Al Mayadeen is an Arab Independent Media Satellite Channel.

All Rights Reserved

  • x
  • Privacy Policy
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Authors
Android
iOS