Al Mayadeen English

  • Ar
  • Es
  • x
Al Mayadeen English

Slogan

  • News
    • Politics
    • Economy
    • Sports
    • Arts&Culture
    • Health
    • Miscellaneous
    • Technology
    • Environment
  • Articles
    • Opinion
    • Analysis
    • Blog
    • Features
  • Videos
    • NewsFeed
    • Video Features
    • Explainers
    • TV
    • Digital Series
  • Infographs
  • In Pictures
  • • LIVE
News
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Sports
  • Arts&Culture
  • Health
  • Miscellaneous
  • Technology
  • Environment
Articles
  • Opinion
  • Analysis
  • Blog
  • Features
Videos
  • NewsFeed
  • Video Features
  • Explainers
  • TV
  • Digital Series
Infographs
In Pictures
  • Africa
  • Asia
  • Asia-Pacific
  • Europe
  • Latin America
  • MENA
  • Palestine
  • US & Canada
BREAKING
Al Mayadeen's correspondent in South Lebanon: Israeli occupation targets bulldozer working to remove rubble of destroyed home in Shebaa.
IRGC sources tell Al Mayadeen that reports of Iranian missile strikes on northern Iraq are false, calling them rumors spread by enemy-linked media.
Trump: Venezuela airspace should be considered 'closed in its entirety'
AFP: Ukraine behind attack on Russian 'shadow fleet' tankers in Black Sea
Sheikh Qassem: We, our allies, the honorable in our nation, our people, and our army will never accept being subservient to the US or 'Israel'
Sheikh Qassem: They must despair, for whatever they do, this people cannot be defeated or broken, and we shall neither fall nor yield
Sheikh Qassem: Threats neither advance nor delay matters, yet the possibility of war or its absence exists because 'Israel' and the US are weighing their options
Sheikh Qassem: All these threats are simply a form of political pressure after a whole year of efforts proved ineffective
Sheikh Qassem: 'Israel's' 'servants' in Lebanon are few, but they cause problems by obstructing the country’s stability, growth, and liberation alongside the US and 'Israel'
Sheikh Qassem: Weapons block 'Israel’s' project, and anyone seeking disarmament plays into 'Israel’s' hands

Russia-Donbass forces advancing along whole line of engagement: DPR

  • By Al Mayadeen English
  • Source: Agencies
  • 12 Dec 2022 10:09
  • 2 Shares
3 Min Read

The DPR says Ukrainian troops shelled overnight the city of Horlivka using 152 mm artillery.

  • x
  • Denis Pushilin, acting Head of the Donetsk People’s Republic (Reuters)
    Denis Pushilin, acting Head of the Donetsk People’s Republic (Reuters)

Denis Pushilin, acting Head of the Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR), indicated on Monday that the Russia-Donbass allied forces are advancing along the whole line of combat engagement.

In a video address, Pushilin said, "We see units of our [allied] forces advancing along the whole engagement line."

According to the DPR Head, this advance "may be at some stretches [of the engagement line] about 100-200 meters a day, or important 10-20 meters, if it improves the positions."

Earlier, Pushilin told TASS that over 300 residential localities in the DPR had been liberated from the Ukrainian forces.

According to TASS, the situation along the line of combat engagement in the Donbass region escalated on February 17 and the Donetsk and Lugansk People’s republics reported "the most massive bombardments by the Ukrainian military back then, which damaged civilian infrastructure and caused civilian casualties."

In early December, the Russian Defense Ministry confirmed that Russian troops fully liberated Kurdyumovka in the DPR.

"As a result of offensive operations carried out by Russian forces, the Kurdyumovka settlement in the Donetsk People’s Republic was fully liberated," the Ministry announced in a statement.

The Ministry also announced the liberation of Andreyevka, Belogorovka, and Pershe Travnya in the DPR.

Ukrainian troops shell Horlivka in DPR

Ukrainian troops shelled overnight the city of Horlivka located in the Donetsk region, the Donetsk People’s Republic’s (DPR) mission to the Joint Center for Control and Coordination of issues related to Ukraine's war crimes (JCCC) confirmed on Monday.

According to the DPR mission, the shelling occurred at 01:05 local time on Monday (22:05 GMT on Sunday), adding that Ukrainian troops fired a total of five shells of 152 mm caliber at Horlivka.

Later in the night, the Gagarin mine village was shelled by Ukrainian forces using 152 mm artillery, the mission indicated.

Over the weekend, Ukrainian troops shelled the city of Donetsk using BM-21 Grad rockets and 155 mm artillery shells, Sputnik reported.

Last week, the DPR mission also confirmed that Ukrainian troops shelled the city of Donetsk using BM-21 Grad rockets.

It is noteworthy that on September 30, Russian President Vladimir Putin and the heads of the Donetsk and Lugansk people's republics, as well as the Kherson and Zaporozhye regions, signed agreements on the accession of these territories to Russia, following referenda that showed that an overwhelming majority of the local population supported becoming part of Russia.

  • Denis Pushilin
  • Russia
  • Donbass
  • Ukraine
  • DPR
Russia & NATO

Russia & NATO

As the Draconian Western-led sanctions on Russia exacerbate the economic crisis worldwide, and as Russian troops gain more ground despite the influx of military aid into Ukraine, exposing US direct involvement in bio-labs spread across Eastern Europe and the insurgence of neo-Nazi groups… How will things unfold?

Most Read

13 elite Israeli troops were wounded in a confrontations in Beit Jinn, Syria.

13 elite Israeli troops wounded in confrontations in southern Syria

  • West Asia
  • 28 Nov 2025
Hezbollah announces the martyrdom of Haitham al-Tabatabai

Hezbollah announces the martyrdom of commander Haitham Tabatabai

  • West Asia
  • 23 Nov 2025
Hezbollah publishes biography of martyred leader Haitham al-Tabatabai

Hezbollah publishes biography of martyred leader Haitham Tabatabai

  • Politics
  • 23 Nov 2025
Hezbollah releases the names of the four martyred with Tabatabai

Hezbollah releases the names of the 4 martyred alongside Tabatabai

  • West Asia
  • 24 Nov 2025

Coverage

All
In Five

Read Next

All
U.S. F-35 fighter jets fly over José Aponte de la Torre Airport in Ceiba, Puerto Rico, Friday, September 19, 2025. (AP Photo/Alejandro Granadillo)
Politics

Venezuela condemns US 'colonial-style' threat to national airspace

Palestinians walk through the destruction left by the Israeli air and ground offensive in Gaza City, Saturday, Nov. 29, 2025. (AP)
Politics

Gaza death toll exceeds 70,000 as Israeli crimes continue

Ireland removes name of former Israeli president from Dublin park
Europe

Ireland removes name of Ex. Israeli regime president from Dublin park

Gazan brothers Jomaa and Fadi Abu Assi, 8 and 9, in an undated photo (Social media)
Politics

Gaza: Two brothers, aged 8 and 9, killed by 'Israel' on their way home

Al Mayadeen English

Al Mayadeen is an Arab Independent Media Satellite Channel.

All Rights Reserved

  • x
  • Privacy Policy
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Authors
Android
iOS