Sanaa deterred enemies, protected gas, oil: Saree
Yemeni Armed Forces spokesperson Yahya Saree underlines that Sanaa's forces were able to deter the enemies from stealing Yemen's wealth.
The latest equation imposed by Yemen against the Saudi-led coalition of aggression as part of the Sanaa forces' efforts to protect the country's sovereign wealth and resources proved its strength against the enemies, Yemeni Armed Forces spokesperson Yahya Saree said on Sunday.
"The deterrence and the advanced level of monitoring from the Yemeni Armed Forces have proven efficient in protecting the sovereignty and wealth [of Yemen]," Saree added.
The Saudi-led coalition of aggression, according to the spokesperson, was launching dozens of airstrikes on the Yemeni capital, Sanaa, and the governorates liberated by the Sanaa forces on a daily basis. "Today, we were able to respond to an air raid with a few missiles and UAVs."
He underlined that the Yemeni armed forces were able to impose an equation of deterrence in its confrontation with the enemy.
"We are in the midst of a sacred battle. It is an existential battle, and we will not forget the sacrifices of our great martyrs that created history with their blood and built a strong foundation for Yemen's future," the spokesperson stressed.
Saree had revealed late last month that the Yemeni forces "succeeded in forcing an oil tanker that tried to approach the port of Al-Dhaba in the south of the country to leave."
Days later, the head of the Sanaa government, Abdul Aziz bin Habtoor, pointed out that the two countries of aggression, along with the government of mercenaries, have been smuggling Yemeni oil and gas for the past eight years and benefitting from billions of money.
In an interview for Al Mayadeen, bin Habtoor said Sanaa delivered some sort of a security message first, but if the other sides do not grasp it, "we will turn these security messages into clear military action against any company that approaches the ports of the Republic of Yemen, whether in Aden, Al-Hudaydah, Al-Dhaba, or Al-Nusheima."
Bin Habtoor indicated that Sanaa declared from the first moment its readiness to extend the truce, provided that the issue of salaries for employees in the civil, military, and security sectors is resolved.
He underlined that the government made a clear decision that it will not allow any party to come to Yemen and plunder its oil and gas without an agreement with Sanaa.
Bin Habtoor affirmed that Sanaa will not allow any company to take a single liter of oil without reaching an understanding with it first.
It is noteworthy that on October 21, the Yemeni armed forces carried out a warning strike in the vicinity of Al-Dhaba port in Hadramout Governorate, as part of the practical implementation of steps to confront the continuous looting of Yemeni oil.
Read more: Yemen: Over 80 newborns die every day due to Saudi-led aggression