Al Mayadeen English

  • Ar
  • Es
  • x
Al Mayadeen English

Slogan

  • News
    • Politics
    • Economy
    • Sports
    • Arts&Culture
    • Health
    • Miscellaneous
    • Technology
    • Environment
  • Articles
    • Opinion
    • Analysis
    • Blog
    • Features
  • Videos
    • NewsFeed
    • Video Features
    • Explainers
    • TV
    • Digital Series
  • Infographs
  • In Pictures
  • • LIVE
News
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Sports
  • Arts&Culture
  • Health
  • Miscellaneous
  • Technology
  • Environment
Articles
  • Opinion
  • Analysis
  • Blog
  • Features
Videos
  • NewsFeed
  • Video Features
  • Explainers
  • TV
  • Digital Series
Infographs
In Pictures
  • Africa
  • Asia
  • Asia-Pacific
  • Europe
  • Latin America
  • MENA
  • Palestine
  • US & Canada
BREAKING
Al Mayadeen's correspondent in South Lebanon: Israeli occupation targets bulldozer working to remove rubble of destroyed home in Shebaa.
IRGC sources tell Al Mayadeen that reports of Iranian missile strikes on northern Iraq are false, calling them rumors spread by enemy-linked media.
Trump: Venezuela airspace should be considered 'closed in its entirety'
AFP: Ukraine behind attack on Russian 'shadow fleet' tankers in Black Sea
Sheikh Qassem: We, our allies, the honorable in our nation, our people, and our army will never accept being subservient to the US or 'Israel'
Sheikh Qassem: They must despair, for whatever they do, this people cannot be defeated or broken, and we shall neither fall nor yield
Sheikh Qassem: Threats neither advance nor delay matters, yet the possibility of war or its absence exists because 'Israel' and the US are weighing their options
Sheikh Qassem: All these threats are simply a form of political pressure after a whole year of efforts proved ineffective
Sheikh Qassem: 'Israel's' 'servants' in Lebanon are few, but they cause problems by obstructing the country’s stability, growth, and liberation alongside the US and 'Israel'
Sheikh Qassem: Weapons block 'Israel’s' project, and anyone seeking disarmament plays into 'Israel’s' hands

Trump 'fully supports' Israeli actions in Gaza: White House

  • By Al Mayadeen English
  • Source: Agencies
  • 20 Mar 2025 21:19
  • 2 Shares
3 Min Read

Earlier this month, Trump divulged he would allow fresh Israeli strikes on Gaza if Israeli captives were not released.

Listen
  • x
  • Trump 'fully supports' Israeli actions in Gaza: White House
    A woman mourns as she identifies a body in Al-Ahli Hospital following overnight Israeli airstrikes across the Gaza Strip, on March 18, 2025 (AP)

US President Donald Trump "fully supports" the renewal of Israeli airstrikes on Gaza, White House Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt said Thursday, blaming the carnage on the Palestinian resistance, Hamas.

"He fully supports Israel and the IDF and the actions that they've taken in recent days," Leavitt told reporters when asked whether Trump was attempting to restart the Gaza ceasefire.

"The president made it very clear to Hamas that if they did not release all of the hostages there would be all hell to pay, and unfortunately, Hamas chose to play games in the media with lives."

Leavitt stated that the issue was "completely the fault of Hamas" for their operation against "Israel" on October 7, 2023, and that Trump wanted all Israeli captives freed. 

Earlier this month, Trump divulged he would allow fresh Israeli strikes on Gaza if Israeli captives were not released.

Trump's ultimatum came during direct discussions in Doha between his envoy for captive matters, Adam Boehler, and Hamas leaders in an attempt to achieve a fresh Gaza ceasefire and prisoner exchange agreement. 

Gaza's civil defense agency said 504 people had been killed in the Israeli assault, including more than 190 children. Its previous death toll was at least 470.

The Ministry of Health in Gaza announced on Wednesday evening that over 80% of hospitals and medical centers in the besieged enclave are now out of service due to relentless Israeli attacks.

Al Mayadeen’s correspondent reported that more than 40 Palestinians were killed on Wednesday alone in ongoing Israeli airstrikes, with the death toll expected to rise. The attacks were not limited to specific areas but were rather indiscriminate. 

As the war intensified, the Israeli military announced it had reoccupied the Netzarim Corridor after previously withdrawing from the area as part of the ceasefire agreement.

Israeli media reported that the political leadership had instructed the occupation forces to prepare for the forced displacement of Gaza’s population into a single zone in the southern district of the Strip.

In response, Hamas warned of the consequences of "Israel’s" ground invasion, stating that the repeated threats to expel Palestinians from their land expose the deep crisis faced by the government of “war criminal” Benjamin Netanyahu.

  • United States
  • Donald Trump
  • Israel
  • Israeli occupation
  • Gaza
  • war on Gaza
  • Palestine

Most Read

13 elite Israeli troops were wounded in a confrontations in Beit Jinn, Syria.

13 elite Israeli troops wounded in confrontations in southern Syria

  • West Asia
  • 28 Nov 2025
Hezbollah announces the martyrdom of Haitham al-Tabatabai

Hezbollah announces the martyrdom of commander Haitham Tabatabai

  • West Asia
  • 23 Nov 2025
Hezbollah publishes biography of martyred leader Haitham al-Tabatabai

Hezbollah publishes biography of martyred leader Haitham Tabatabai

  • Politics
  • 23 Nov 2025
Hezbollah releases the names of the four martyred with Tabatabai

Hezbollah releases the names of the 4 martyred alongside Tabatabai

  • West Asia
  • 24 Nov 2025

Coverage

All
In Five

Read Next

All
U.S. F-35 fighter jets fly over José Aponte de la Torre Airport in Ceiba, Puerto Rico, Friday, September 19, 2025. (AP Photo/Alejandro Granadillo)
Politics

Venezuela condemns US 'colonial-style' threat to national airspace

Palestinians walk through the destruction left by the Israeli air and ground offensive in Gaza City, Saturday, Nov. 29, 2025. (AP)
Politics

Gaza death toll exceeds 70,000 as Israeli crimes continue

Ireland removes name of former Israeli president from Dublin park
Europe

Ireland removes name of Ex. Israeli regime president from Dublin park

Gazan brothers Jomaa and Fadi Abu Assi, 8 and 9, in an undated photo (Social media)
Politics

Gaza: Two brothers, aged 8 and 9, killed by 'Israel' on their way home

Al Mayadeen English

Al Mayadeen is an Arab Independent Media Satellite Channel.

All Rights Reserved

  • x
  • Privacy Policy
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Authors
Android
iOS