Al Mayadeen English

  • Ar
  • Es
  • x
Al Mayadeen English

Slogan

  • News
    • Politics
    • Economy
    • Sports
    • Arts&Culture
    • Health
    • Miscellaneous
    • Technology
    • Environment
  • Articles
    • Opinion
    • Analysis
    • Blog
    • Features
  • Videos
    • NewsFeed
    • Video Features
    • Explainers
    • TV
    • Digital Series
  • Infographs
  • In Pictures
  • • LIVE
News
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Sports
  • Arts&Culture
  • Health
  • Miscellaneous
  • Technology
  • Environment
Articles
  • Opinion
  • Analysis
  • Blog
  • Features
Videos
  • NewsFeed
  • Video Features
  • Explainers
  • TV
  • Digital Series
Infographs
In Pictures
  • Africa
  • Asia
  • Asia-Pacific
  • Europe
  • Latin America
  • MENA
  • Palestine
  • US & Canada
BREAKING
Al Mayadeen's correspondent in South Lebanon: Israeli occupation targets bulldozer working to remove rubble of destroyed home in Shebaa.
IRGC sources tell Al Mayadeen that reports of Iranian missile strikes on northern Iraq are false, calling them rumors spread by enemy-linked media.
Trump: Venezuela airspace should be considered 'closed in its entirety'
AFP: Ukraine behind attack on Russian 'shadow fleet' tankers in Black Sea
Sheikh Qassem: We, our allies, the honorable in our nation, our people, and our army will never accept being subservient to the US or 'Israel'
Sheikh Qassem: They must despair, for whatever they do, this people cannot be defeated or broken, and we shall neither fall nor yield
Sheikh Qassem: Threats neither advance nor delay matters, yet the possibility of war or its absence exists because 'Israel' and the US are weighing their options
Sheikh Qassem: All these threats are simply a form of political pressure after a whole year of efforts proved ineffective
Sheikh Qassem: 'Israel's' 'servants' in Lebanon are few, but they cause problems by obstructing the country’s stability, growth, and liberation alongside the US and 'Israel'
Sheikh Qassem: Weapons block 'Israel’s' project, and anyone seeking disarmament plays into 'Israel’s' hands

Trump defends Musk, says he was 'treated very unfairly'

  • By Al Mayadeen English
  • Source: Agencies
  • 1 May 2025 15:42
3 Min Read

Elon Musk reportedly plans to scale back his White House role to focus on Tesla.

Listen
  • x
  • Trump praises Musk as chief disruptor eyes exit
    US President Donald Trump, left, and Elon Musk depart the White House to board Marine One en route to New Jersey, on March 21, 2025, in Washington. (AP Photo/Mark Schiefelbein)

US President Donald Trump said Wednesday that Elon Musk could remain part of the White House team for as long as he wished, while acknowledging the billionaire's desire to return focus to his business ventures.

Musk had previously announced plans to scale back his involvement in the administration's informal Department of Government Efficiency (DOGE) in order to dedicate more time to Tesla, which has faced increasing challenges and public backlash in recent months.

"The vast majority of the people in this country really respect and appreciate you," Trump told Musk during a cabinet meeting, which may have marked Musk’s final appearance in his DOGE role.

"And you know you're invited to stay as long as you want," Trump added. "But you may want to get back home to your cars."

Musk, the world's richest individual, has seen Tesla's brand suffer due to his high-profile political activities and proximity to Trump. The electric carmaker has faced vandalism and boycott calls in both Europe and the US, amid public anger over public service cuts Musk helped draft as part of his advisory role.

"You really have sacrificed a lot. They treated you very unfairly," Trump said, defending Musk from his critics. In response, Musk said, "They did like to burn my cars, which is not great."

Rumors of Tesla CEO succession denied

On Wednesday, The Wall Street Journal reported that Tesla’s board had initiated a search for Musk’s successor as CEO, citing anonymous sources. According to the report, the board allegedly met with Musk weeks ago and urged him to focus more on Tesla than his government advisory duties.

However, Tesla denied the report, with Board Chairperson Robyn Denholm stating on X, "There was a media report erroneously claiming that the Tesla Board had contacted recruitment firms to initiate a CEO search at the company. This is absolutely false. The CEO of Tesla is Elon Musk and the Board is highly confident in his ability to continue executing on the exciting growth plan ahead.”

Earlier today, there was a media report erroneously claiming that the Tesla Board had contacted recruitment firms to initiate a CEO search at the company.

This is absolutely false (and this was communicated to the media before the report was published).

The CEO of Tesla is…

— Tesla (@Tesla) May 1, 2025

David Sacks, a Musk ally and member of the Trump administration, confirmed that Musk would not be leaving DOGE entirely but would scale back his involvement. He likened the move to Musk’s approach following his 2022 takeover of Twitter.

"Once he felt like he had a mental model and he had the people in place that he trusted, he can move to more of a maintenance mode," Sacks said during an episode of the All-In podcast.

  • United States
  • Tesla
  • DOGE
  • Elon Musk
  • Donald Trump

Most Read

13 elite Israeli troops were wounded in a confrontations in Beit Jinn, Syria.

13 elite Israeli troops wounded in confrontations in southern Syria

  • West Asia
  • 28 Nov 2025
Hezbollah announces the martyrdom of Haitham al-Tabatabai

Hezbollah announces the martyrdom of commander Haitham Tabatabai

  • West Asia
  • 23 Nov 2025
Hezbollah publishes biography of martyred leader Haitham al-Tabatabai

Hezbollah publishes biography of martyred leader Haitham Tabatabai

  • Politics
  • 23 Nov 2025
Hezbollah releases the names of the four martyred with Tabatabai

Hezbollah releases the names of the 4 martyred alongside Tabatabai

  • West Asia
  • 24 Nov 2025

Coverage

All
In Five

Read Next

All
U.S. F-35 fighter jets fly over José Aponte de la Torre Airport in Ceiba, Puerto Rico, Friday, September 19, 2025. (AP Photo/Alejandro Granadillo)
Politics

Venezuela condemns US 'colonial-style' threat to national airspace

Palestinians walk through the destruction left by the Israeli air and ground offensive in Gaza City, Saturday, Nov. 29, 2025. (AP)
Politics

Gaza death toll exceeds 70,000 as Israeli crimes continue

Ireland removes name of former Israeli president from Dublin park
Europe

Ireland removes name of Ex. Israeli regime president from Dublin park

Gazan brothers Jomaa and Fadi Abu Assi, 8 and 9, in an undated photo (Social media)
Politics

Gaza: Two brothers, aged 8 and 9, killed by 'Israel' on their way home

Al Mayadeen English

Al Mayadeen is an Arab Independent Media Satellite Channel.

All Rights Reserved

  • x
  • Privacy Policy
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Authors
Android
iOS