Al Mayadeen English

  • Ar
  • Es
  • x
Al Mayadeen English

Slogan

  • News
    • Politics
    • Economy
    • Sports
    • Arts&Culture
    • Health
    • Miscellaneous
    • Technology
    • Environment
  • Articles
    • Opinion
    • Analysis
    • Blog
    • Features
  • Videos
    • NewsFeed
    • Video Features
    • Explainers
    • TV
    • Digital Series
  • Infographs
  • In Pictures
  • • LIVE
News
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Sports
  • Arts&Culture
  • Health
  • Miscellaneous
  • Technology
  • Environment
Articles
  • Opinion
  • Analysis
  • Blog
  • Features
Videos
  • NewsFeed
  • Video Features
  • Explainers
  • TV
  • Digital Series
Infographs
In Pictures
  • Africa
  • Asia
  • Asia-Pacific
  • Europe
  • Latin America
  • MENA
  • Palestine
  • US & Canada
BREAKING
Al Mayadeen's correspondent in South Lebanon: Israeli occupation targets bulldozer working to remove rubble of destroyed home in Shebaa.
IRGC sources tell Al Mayadeen that reports of Iranian missile strikes on northern Iraq are false, calling them rumors spread by enemy-linked media.
Trump: Venezuela airspace should be considered 'closed in its entirety'
AFP: Ukraine behind attack on Russian 'shadow fleet' tankers in Black Sea
Sheikh Qassem: We, our allies, the honorable in our nation, our people, and our army will never accept being subservient to the US or 'Israel'
Sheikh Qassem: They must despair, for whatever they do, this people cannot be defeated or broken, and we shall neither fall nor yield
Sheikh Qassem: Threats neither advance nor delay matters, yet the possibility of war or its absence exists because 'Israel' and the US are weighing their options
Sheikh Qassem: All these threats are simply a form of political pressure after a whole year of efforts proved ineffective
Sheikh Qassem: 'Israel's' 'servants' in Lebanon are few, but they cause problems by obstructing the country’s stability, growth, and liberation alongside the US and 'Israel'
Sheikh Qassem: Weapons block 'Israel’s' project, and anyone seeking disarmament plays into 'Israel’s' hands

Trump turned classified documents into 'to-do lists', former aide says

  • By Al Mayadeen English
  • Source: ABC News
  • 19 Sep 2023 10:23
2 Min Read

Former President Donald Trump denies wrongdoing as his former assistant alleges he was sloppy with classified documents.

  • x
  • Former President Donald Trump speaks during an event in Washington, Friday, September 15, 2023 (AP)
    Former President Donald Trump speaks during an event in Washington, Friday, September 15, 2023 (AP)

One of Trump's long-time assistants revealed that Trump was sloppy with high-security documents, repeatedly writing to-do lists on documents marked classified from the White House.

According to sources cited by ABC News, the former aide, Molly Michael, disclosed to federal investigators that she had received requests and tasks from Trump on the reverse side of notecards that she later recognized as containing sensitive White House materials. These notecards were reportedly marked with visible classification designations.

Michael initially assumed the role of Trump's executive assistant in the White House in 2018 and continued to serve him even after his departure from office. However, she resigned last year, following what ABC News described as Trump's alleged refusal to comply with federal requests.

In response to the report, a spokesperson for Donald Trump dismissed the allegations as "illegal leaks" and adamantly denied any wrongdoing.

Read more: Trump, Biden to receive 46% votes each in 2024 Presidential Elections

Earlier this week, Donald Trump's former lawyer Jenna Ellis said she would not vote for him in the upcoming 2024 elections because he is a "malignant narcissist" who refuses to admit to his mistakes.

Supreme Court vs. Trump 

According to former federal judge Michael Luttig, the US Supreme Court will soon decide if former President Donald Trump is eligible to run for the presidency in 2024.

Legal experts believe that Trump might be disqualified under Section 3 of the 14th Amendment, which prohibits someone from holding office if they have "previously taken an oath … to support the constitution" and subsequently "engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same."

Luttig and other notable conservative academics have determined that Trump's conduct on January 6 and his efforts to reverse the 2020 election exclude him from running for president.

Trump has dismissed all four criminal charges as politically motivated attempts to prevent him from returning to office.

Trump, alongside 18 of his allies, is facing a racketeering indictment that lists 161 "overt acts" allegedly committed as part of a conspiracy to overturn the 2020 election - 12 of which came from his own X posts.

Read more: Trump's problem with Biden is competence, not age

  • US President Donald Trump
  • classified documents
  • Trump administration
  • Trump
  • classified records
  • Trump's trial

Most Read

13 elite Israeli troops were wounded in a confrontations in Beit Jinn, Syria.

13 elite Israeli troops wounded in confrontations in southern Syria

  • West Asia
  • 28 Nov 2025
Hezbollah announces the martyrdom of Haitham al-Tabatabai

Hezbollah announces the martyrdom of commander Haitham Tabatabai

  • West Asia
  • 23 Nov 2025
Hezbollah publishes biography of martyred leader Haitham al-Tabatabai

Hezbollah publishes biography of martyred leader Haitham Tabatabai

  • Politics
  • 23 Nov 2025
Hezbollah releases the names of the four martyred with Tabatabai

Hezbollah releases the names of the 4 martyred alongside Tabatabai

  • West Asia
  • 24 Nov 2025

Coverage

All
In Five

Read Next

All
U.S. F-35 fighter jets fly over José Aponte de la Torre Airport in Ceiba, Puerto Rico, Friday, September 19, 2025. (AP Photo/Alejandro Granadillo)
Politics

Venezuela condemns US 'colonial-style' threat to national airspace

Palestinians walk through the destruction left by the Israeli air and ground offensive in Gaza City, Saturday, Nov. 29, 2025. (AP)
Politics

Gaza death toll exceeds 70,000 as Israeli crimes continue

Ireland removes name of former Israeli president from Dublin park
Europe

Ireland removes name of Ex. Israeli regime president from Dublin park

Gazan brothers Jomaa and Fadi Abu Assi, 8 and 9, in an undated photo (Social media)
Politics

Gaza: Two brothers, aged 8 and 9, killed by 'Israel' on their way home

Al Mayadeen English

Al Mayadeen is an Arab Independent Media Satellite Channel.

All Rights Reserved

  • x
  • Privacy Policy
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Authors
Android
iOS