Al Mayadeen English

  • Ar
  • Es
  • x
Al Mayadeen English

Slogan

  • News
    • Politics
    • Economy
    • Sports
    • Arts&Culture
    • Health
    • Miscellaneous
    • Technology
    • Environment
  • Articles
    • Opinion
    • Analysis
    • Blog
    • Features
  • Videos
    • NewsFeed
    • Video Features
    • Explainers
    • TV
    • Digital Series
  • Infographs
  • In Pictures
  • • LIVE
News
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Sports
  • Arts&Culture
  • Health
  • Miscellaneous
  • Technology
  • Environment
Articles
  • Opinion
  • Analysis
  • Blog
  • Features
Videos
  • NewsFeed
  • Video Features
  • Explainers
  • TV
  • Digital Series
Infographs
In Pictures
  • Africa
  • Asia
  • Asia-Pacific
  • Europe
  • Latin America
  • MENA
  • Palestine
  • US & Canada
BREAKING
Al Mayadeen's correspondent in South Lebanon: Israeli occupation targets bulldozer working to remove rubble of destroyed home in Shebaa.
IRGC sources tell Al Mayadeen that reports of Iranian missile strikes on northern Iraq are false, calling them rumors spread by enemy-linked media.
Trump: Venezuela airspace should be considered 'closed in its entirety'
AFP: Ukraine behind attack on Russian 'shadow fleet' tankers in Black Sea
Sheikh Qassem: We, our allies, the honorable in our nation, our people, and our army will never accept being subservient to the US or 'Israel'
Sheikh Qassem: They must despair, for whatever they do, this people cannot be defeated or broken, and we shall neither fall nor yield
Sheikh Qassem: Threats neither advance nor delay matters, yet the possibility of war or its absence exists because 'Israel' and the US are weighing their options
Sheikh Qassem: All these threats are simply a form of political pressure after a whole year of efforts proved ineffective
Sheikh Qassem: 'Israel's' 'servants' in Lebanon are few, but they cause problems by obstructing the country’s stability, growth, and liberation alongside the US and 'Israel'
Sheikh Qassem: Weapons block 'Israel’s' project, and anyone seeking disarmament plays into 'Israel’s' hands

US asked Sanaa not to escalate, Yemen refused: Analyst

  • By Al Mayadeen English
  • Source: Al Mayadeen
  • 21 Jul 2024 17:49
  • 6 Shares
3 Min Read

The Israeli occupation attacking Yemen stoked further regional tensions and prompted the US to ask Sanaa not to retaliate.

Listen
  • x
  • Yemenis attend a rally against the US and the Israeli occupation in Sanaa, Yemen, July 19, 2024 (AP)
    Yemenis attend a rally against the US and the Israeli occupation in Sanaa, Yemen, July 19, 2024 (AP)

Recent diplomatic communications between Muscat and Sanaa, relayed by the US, have highlighted that Yemen will not waver and will be responding to the Israeli act of aggression, Brigadier General Abdul Ghani al-Zubaidi said. 

Al-Zubaidi disclosed that Muscat informed Sanaa, citing American sources, that the strike on Hodeidah had been concluded. The essence of the message was that the event was a tit-for-tat in response to Yemen's drone strike on Tel Aviv. 

Further communications from Muscat, again relayed from the US, included a request for Sanaa to avoid escalating the situation. However, Al-Zubaidi emphasized that tolerance is not an option for Yemen.

"The call for restraint is acknowledged, but Yemen's stance on leniency remains firm," he stated, underscoring the country’s resolute posture in the face of external pressures.

In an interview with Al Mayadeen, Brigadier General Al-Zubaidi mentioned the potential introduction of new weaponry into the battlefield. 

"We possess the strategic threads of the battle," he said, hinting at Yemen's preparedness to leverage new military capabilities if needed.

Israeli war jets launched a series of airstrikes on Saturday targeting Yemen's province of Hodeidah on the Red Sea coast.

The aggression targeted an oil refinery, leading to a massive fire that can be seen kilometers away.

The Yemeni Ministry of Health reported martyrs and wounded as a result of the aggression, confirming that civilians suffered severe burns due to the fires. 

On Friday, the Yemeni Armed Forces announced a successful drone strike targeting a significant site in Tel Aviv, occupied Palestine, in continuation of their operations in support of Gaza.

The operation in question was conducted by the newly developed Yafa drone, Yemeni Armed Forces spokesperson Brigadier General Yahya Saree declared early Friday. The drone is named after the Palestinian city occupied by "Israel" as part of greater Tel Aviv.

At least one Israeli was killed and eight others were injured in the strike that targeted a building almost 100 meters away from the US consulate, Israeli media outlets reported.

The Yemeni Armed Forces reiterate that occupied Yafa (Tel Aviv) is an unsafe zone and that a response to the Israeli aggression on civilian facilities in the Yemeni coastal province of Hodeidah is undoubtedly coming, Saree said on Saturday.

  • Yemen
  • Sanaa
  • United States
  • Israel
  • Israeli occupation
  • Palestine
  • Gaza
  • Occupied Palestine

Most Read

13 elite Israeli troops were wounded in a confrontations in Beit Jinn, Syria.

13 elite Israeli troops wounded in confrontations in southern Syria

  • West Asia
  • 28 Nov 2025
Hezbollah announces the martyrdom of Haitham al-Tabatabai

Hezbollah announces the martyrdom of commander Haitham Tabatabai

  • West Asia
  • 23 Nov 2025
Hezbollah publishes biography of martyred leader Haitham al-Tabatabai

Hezbollah publishes biography of martyred leader Haitham Tabatabai

  • Politics
  • 23 Nov 2025
Hezbollah releases the names of the four martyred with Tabatabai

Hezbollah releases the names of the 4 martyred alongside Tabatabai

  • West Asia
  • 24 Nov 2025

Coverage

All
In Five

Read Next

All
U.S. F-35 fighter jets fly over José Aponte de la Torre Airport in Ceiba, Puerto Rico, Friday, September 19, 2025. (AP Photo/Alejandro Granadillo)
Politics

Venezuela condemns US 'colonial-style' threat to national airspace

Palestinians walk through the destruction left by the Israeli air and ground offensive in Gaza City, Saturday, Nov. 29, 2025. (AP)
Politics

Gaza death toll exceeds 70,000 as Israeli crimes continue

Ireland removes name of former Israeli president from Dublin park
Europe

Ireland removes name of Ex. Israeli regime president from Dublin park

Gazan brothers Jomaa and Fadi Abu Assi, 8 and 9, in an undated photo (Social media)
Politics

Gaza: Two brothers, aged 8 and 9, killed by 'Israel' on their way home

Al Mayadeen English

Al Mayadeen is an Arab Independent Media Satellite Channel.

All Rights Reserved

  • x
  • Privacy Policy
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Authors
Android
iOS