US plot to kill off Intifada doomed to fail: Hamas
Hamas spokesperson Abdel Latif al-Qanou slams the US administration's plot to prevent a third Intifada.
Palestine's Hamas resistance movement has emphasized that a US plot to crush the third Intifada against "Israel" will fail, saying that Washington cannot end Palestinians' legitimate struggle across the occupied territories.
In a statement, Hamas spokesperson Abdel Latif Al-Qanou slammed the US administration's plot to prevent a third intifada, while the situation escalates in the occupied West Bank amid a rise in Israeli aggression and crimes.
The so-called "security plan" was drafted by US security coordinator Lieutenant General Michael Fenzel, who claims that the Palestinian Authority's suspension of security coordination with "Tel Aviv" is a major contributor to the ongoing escalation in the occupied territories.
Read next: Third Palestinian intifada is coming: Israeli media
The decision to suspend the security coordination was made by the Palestinian Authority, headed by Mahmoud Abbas, after one of the deadly Israeli raids in the flashpoint city of Jenin.
Al-Qanou said that “the Intifada and Palestinians' revolution against the Zionist regime will continue unabated in the occupied Palestinian territories, and Palestinians will keep on defending their lands and sanctities."
The Hamas spokesperson stated that Palestinians reserve the right to engage in any form of resistance in order to confront "Israel" and the regime's new extremist government led by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
The US will never manage to deal a blow to the Axis of Resistance, and the plans devised by the White House and being pushed by Fenzel are a non-starter, he warned. Qanou went on to say that Fenzel's plans to extinguish the revolutionary spirit throughout the occupied West Bank and eliminate the resistance front are futile.
Hamas' spokesperson for the occupied city of al-Quds, Mohammad Hamadeh, also said that “the spirit of Intifada” resides in the hearts and minds of steadfast people of the occupied West Bank and Al-Quds and its flame will not die before the liberation of the holy city of Al-Quds and the Al-Aqsa Mosque, and annihilation of the Israeli regime.
Read next: Tens of thousands demonstrate against Netanyahu's government
Israeli forces conduct raids on cities throughout the occupied West Bank almost daily under the guise of apprehending "wanted" Palestinians. Typically, raids result in lethal attacks on residents.
"Israel" has increased its attacks on Palestinian towns and cities across the occupied territories in recent months. As a result of these attacks, dozens of Palestinians have been killed and many more have been arrested.
The Israeli forces raided the city of Jenin on January 26 and its neighboring refugee camp in the north of the occupied West Bank, killing ten Palestinians in one of the deadliest raids in years.
The United Nations marked 2022 as the deadliest year for Palestinians in the occupied West Bank in 16 years.
Last year, Israeli forces killed at least 171 Palestinians in the West Bank and occupied East al-Quds, including over 30 children. At least 9,000 other people were injured.