Yemeni minister threatens of targeting ships looting Yemen oil
Information Minister of the Sanaa Government Daifallah Al-Shami comments on the Al-Dabba port explosions and warns the countries of aggression of another operation that would target the ship itself.
Information Minister of the Sanaa Government Daifallah Al-Shami confirmed in an exclusive interview with Al Mayadeen that drones are today the most effective weapons in Yemen's arsenal, creating a deterrence on the battlefield.
Following the drone attack that targeted Al-Dabba port in Hadhramout as a Greek ship tried to dock in order to load stolen Yemeni oil, Al-Shami told Al Mayadeen: "The drones convey to the enemies a message about our people's ability to change the equations," explaining that "this strike is a preliminary warning and targeted (only) the vicinity of Al-Dabba port and the vicinity of the ship."
"These warning messages will be followed by painful blows if the oil companies respond to US and European pressures," he stressed, adding that the message was conveyed and the ship has reached international waters and announced it will not return despite the efforts exerted by the countries of aggression.
"If the ship returns, the response will not be limited to warning strikes, but may develop into direct ones that would paralyze ships' operation," Al-Shami pointed out.
Al-Shami then confirmed to Al Mayadeen that "Yemen is in regular contact with Europe, the US, and Arab countries including Saudi Arabia," noting at the same time that "the extension of the truce will only be in accordance with the terms of Yemen." Al-Shami stressed.
"Yemeni gas cannot be allowed to go to Europe or any other country while our people are suffering from a gas crisis," he concluded.
Al-Bukhaiti: The next operation will target the ship itself
Commenting on the international condemnation of the recent operation, the member of the Ansar Allah movement's political bureau in Yemen, Mohammad Al-Bukhaiti, told Al Mayadeen that the recent operation was a warning to the ship that was trying to steal Yemen's oil; it was not targeting Al-Dabba port itself.
Al-Bukhaiti threatened that "the coming operation will target the ship itself so that the countries of aggression cease to loot out wealth which should be dedicated to the salaries and services in all governorates."
"If international law permits the countries of aggression to kill Yemenis, besiege them, and loot their wealth, then we will step on the toes of the international law, as we did previously with the Security Council resolutions and condemnations of the so-called international community. We are moving forward in exercising the right of self-defense; forewarned is forearmed," Al-Bukhaiti said.
The Yemeni Southern Movement: Companies should abide by the decisions of Sanaa's authorities
In the same context, the Yemeni Southern Movement participating in the National Dialogue Conference issued a statement in which it threatened whichever party had any connection to the looting of Yemeni wealth. The movement stressed that whether the companies are local, regional, or international, they should abide by the decisions of Sanaa's authorities.
The movement considered that targeting the port and the ship is something every Yemeni should be proud of as the heroic armed forces are doing their duty.
The Minister of Foreign Affairs in the Sanaa government, Hisham Sharaf, announced on Friday that the outcomes of the October 2 meeting held by the Supreme Political Council on the looting of Yemen's wealth are "a national decision to preserve the wealth of the Yemeni people."
Al Mayadeen correspondent confirmed on Friday that an attack carried out by 3 drones on the port of Al-Dabba in Hadhramout, eastern Yemen, targeted an oil ship that was approaching the port to load oil.
The first strike occurred between the ship and the buoy, while the second was closer to the Greek ship, which was moved 12 miles outside the Al-Dabba port following the attack.
Later, private sources told Al Mayadeen that the strikes targeted the area between the oil tanker and the port buoy, in a clear military message to prevent the looting of Yemeni oil, noting that the Economic Committee clearly warned companies and authorities of attempts to loot Yemeni oil. However, the ship NISSOS ignored these warnings.
The sources confirmed that the warning message is a military message confirming that Sanaa is serious in its warnings and in protecting Yemeni wealth from looting, pointing out that the strike was planned to prevent the ship from looting oil and was not directly targeted at the ship or the port.
It is worth noting that the head of the Supreme Political Council in Yemen, Mahdi Al-Mashat, issued at the beginning of October directives to send the final official letters to all companies and entities concerned with the looting of Yemeni sovereign wealth to stop looting completely.
The leader of Ansar Allah movement, Sayyed Abdul-Malik Al-Houthi, warned the Saudi coalition against continuing to loot Yemen's national wealth.
Yemeni Armed Forces Spokesperson Yahya Saree advised foreign companies that plunder Yemen's wealth to take the warnings of the leader of the Yemeni Ansar Allah movement Sayyed Abdul-Malik Al-Houthi seriously.