Al Mayadeen English

  • Ar
  • Es
  • x
Al Mayadeen English

Slogan

  • News
    • Politics
    • Economy
    • Sports
    • Arts&Culture
    • Health
    • Miscellaneous
    • Technology
    • Environment
  • Articles
    • Opinion
    • Analysis
    • Blog
    • Features
  • Videos
    • NewsFeed
    • Video Features
    • Explainers
    • TV
    • Digital Series
  • Infographs
  • In Pictures
  • • LIVE
News
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Sports
  • Arts&Culture
  • Health
  • Miscellaneous
  • Technology
  • Environment
Articles
  • Opinion
  • Analysis
  • Blog
  • Features
Videos
  • NewsFeed
  • Video Features
  • Explainers
  • TV
  • Digital Series
Infographs
In Pictures
  • Africa
  • Asia
  • Asia-Pacific
  • Europe
  • Latin America
  • MENA
  • Palestine
  • US & Canada
BREAKING
Al-Houthi: We find ourselves in the most sacred battle and the greatest position. We do not consider the sacrifices to be wasted losses; rather, we have given everything for the sake of this stance.
Al-Houthi: The Zionist scheme is undoubtedly a plot to enslave and exploit this nation. This is a fact, not an exaggeration.
Al-Houthi: Great sacrifice in the path of God only increases our steadfastness, determination, certainty, resilience, and cohesion.
Al-Houthi: The Zionist crime confirms the importance of Yemen's conscious and insightful position based on constants, values, and human ethics.
Al-Houthi: The Israeli enemy is a criminal who proves its brutality and monstrosity through all its criminal practices, void of any controls.
Al-Houthi: The Israeli enemy's record is one of terrible and horrific crimes, full of bloodshed against the Palestinian people and people in Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, and Iran.
Al-Houthi: The crime of targeting ministers and civilian workers adds to the Israeli enemy's criminal record in the region.
Al-Houthi: All of the martyrs were ministers working in civilian fields.
Sayyed Abdul Malik al-Houthi: We extend our sincerest condolences to all the martyrs' families, their loved ones, their colleagues, and our dear people.
Al Mayadeen's correspondent: An Israeli drone targeted a residential apartment in the al-Natour Square in the Sheikh Radwan neighborhood of Gaza City

Brazilian court allows social network X to resume operations

  • By Al Mayadeen English
  • Source: Agencies
  • 9 Oct 2024 09:30
2 Min Read

Brazil's Supreme Court allowed X to restart its services in the country on Tuesday after the social media platform changed its stance and began adhering to court rulings that billionaire owner Elon Musk had previously promised to oppose.

Listen
  • x
  • A Brazilian user of the social network X, formerly Twitter, browses posts on a cell phone in Brasilia on August 31, 2024. (AFP)
    A Brazilian user of the social network X, formerly Twitter, browses posts on a cell phone in Brasilia on August 31, 2024. (AFP)

Brazil's Supreme Federal Court announced that it has permitted social network X to restart its operations in the country after the company fulfilled all the court's requirements.

In a statement on Tuesday, the court said "Supreme Federal Court Judge Alexandre de Morais has authorized the resumption of the activities of the social network X in Brazil and ordered the National Telecommunications Agency (Anatel) to take measures in this regard."

The statement noted that the resumption of X's operations was contingent upon "complete adherence to judicial rulings while honoring national sovereignty."

Related News

US planning new sanctions on Brazil, son of Bolsonaro says

Bolsonaro placed under house arrest amid coup trial

Earlier this week, Musk's X paid multi-million-dollar fines to Brazil to settle a long-running legal battle with Moraes, who had ordered the shutdown of the platform's operations in the country, citing misinformation. 

However, following the settlement of the payment, Moraes revealed that the money was transferred to the wrong account and ordered the immediate redirection of the $5.2 million in funds into the correct one. 

On August 30, Judge Alexandre de Moraes of ordered the suspension of X in the country because Elon Musk declined to appoint a new legal representative for the platform and refused to suspend accounts on the platform loyal to former President Jair Bolsonaro and spreading disinformation.

The judge had previously frozen Starlink's accounts in Brazil for the same issue, but the Supreme Court later lifted that freeze. The Supreme Court also upheld Morais's decision to suspend X.

  • Alexandre de Moraes
  • Brazil
  • Elon Musk
  • Twitter
  • X

Most Read

Fierce resistance ambushes target IOF in Gaza Strip

Fierce resistance ambushes target IOF in al-Zaytoun, Gaza City

  • Politics
  • 30 Aug 2025
Tom Barrack's imperial tantrum in Beirut: When entitlement speaks (Photo by Mahdi Rtail)

Tom Barrack's imperial tantrum in Beirut: When entitlement speaks

  • Politics
  • 26 Aug 2025
Although it does seem likely they will launch some kind of operation in northern Gaza, one which will accelerate its mass murder of civilians, but will fail to achieve its stated objectives. (Al Mayadeen English; Illustrated by Batoul Chamas)

Here is why the Israeli occupation of Gaza won’t work

  • Opinion
  • 26 Aug 2025
A scene showing an al-Qassam Brigades fighter during an ambush on July 7, 2025, in a video released by the al-Qassam Brigades on August 26, 2025 (al-Qassam Brigades Military Media)

Al-Qassam reveals Beit Hanoun ambush targeting Israeli forces

  • Politics
  • 26 Aug 2025

Coverage

All
The Ummah's Martyrs

Read Next

All
'Gideon’s Chariots' Op. deemed a failure by Israeli military report
Palestine

'Gideon’s Chariots' Op. deemed a failure by Israeli military report

Smokes rise to the sky following an Israeli airstrike in the northern Gaza Strip as seen from southern occupied Palestine, Monday, Aug. 25, 2025. (AP)
Politics

US revives Gaza ethnic cleansing plans for 'gleaming tourism resorts'

Ansar Allah leader Sayyed Abdul Malik al-Houthi gives a speech on August 31, 2025 (Screengrab)
Politics

Israeli crimes prove brutality, Yemen undeterred: Sayyed Al-Houthi

Major General Abdolrahim Mousavi, Chairman of the Chiefs of Staff of the Iranian Armed Forces. (IRNA)
Politics

Iran's top general says air defenses must adapt to new threats

Al Mayadeen English

Al Mayadeen is an Arab Independent Media Satellite Channel.

All Rights Reserved

  • x
  • Privacy Policy
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Authors
Android
iOS