Al Mayadeen English

  • Ar
  • Es
  • x
Al Mayadeen English

Slogan

  • News
    • Politics
    • Economy
    • Sports
    • Arts&Culture
    • Health
    • Miscellaneous
    • Technology
    • Environment
  • Articles
    • Opinion
    • Analysis
    • Blog
    • Features
  • Videos
    • NewsFeed
    • Video Features
    • Explainers
    • TV
    • Digital Series
  • Infographs
  • In Pictures
  • • LIVE
News
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Sports
  • Arts&Culture
  • Health
  • Miscellaneous
  • Technology
  • Environment
Articles
  • Opinion
  • Analysis
  • Blog
  • Features
Videos
  • NewsFeed
  • Video Features
  • Explainers
  • TV
  • Digital Series
Infographs
In Pictures
  • Africa
  • Asia
  • Asia-Pacific
  • Europe
  • Latin America
  • MENA
  • Palestine
  • US & Canada
BREAKING
Sheikh Qassem: We, our allies, the honorable in our nation, our people, and our army will never accept being subservient to the US or 'Israel'
Sheikh Qassem: They must despair, for whatever they do, this people cannot be defeated or broken, and we shall neither fall nor yield
Sheikh Qassem: Threats neither advance nor delay matters, yet the possibility of war or its absence exists because 'Israel' and the US are weighing their options
Sheikh Qassem: All these threats are simply a form of political pressure after a whole year of efforts proved ineffective
Sheikh Qassem: 'Israel's' 'servants' in Lebanon are few, but they cause problems by obstructing the country’s stability, growth, and liberation alongside the US and 'Israel'
Sheikh Qassem: Weapons block 'Israel’s' project, and anyone seeking disarmament plays into 'Israel’s' hands
Sheikh Qassem: The agreement came because we held fast, empowered by our vision, our faith, our will, our people, our patriotism, and our unwavering attachment to our land
Sheikh Qassem: People of Might Battle was a confrontation by a modest force, incomparable to the enemy's strength, but it was noble in spirit, brimming with courage, resolve, and unwavering faith in victory
Sheikh Qassem: Today, Lebanon is under an Israeli aerial occupation
Sheikh Qassem: The project of "Israel" came crashing into the defenses of the People of Might Battle

Starlink to comply with Supreme Court orders to block X in Brazil

  • By Al Mayadeen English
  • Source: Agencies
  • 4 Sep 2024 22:36
3 Min Read

Musk’s Starlink backtracks and says it will comply with the judge’s order to block X in Brazil.

Listen
  • x
  • Starlink to comply with court orders to block X in Brazil
    A SpaceX Falcon 9, with NASA astronauts lifts off from Pad 39-A at the Kennedy Space Center in Cape Canaveral, Florida, on May 30, 2020. (AP)

SpaceX's satellite internet company, Starlink, stated it will comply with a Brazilian Supreme Court ruling to prohibit access to the X site. 

Starlink, owned by Elon Musk, announced on X: "Regardless of the illegal treatment of Starlink in freezing our assets, we are complying with the order to block access to X in Brazil."

It also stated that they "continue to pursue all legal avenues, as are others" who feel that Justice Alexandre de Moraes' latest ruling breaches the Brazilian constitution.

To our customers in Brazil (who may not be able to read this as a result of X being blocked by @alexandre):

The Starlink team is doing everything possible to keep you connected.

Following last week’s order from @alexandre that froze Starlink’s finances and prevents Starlink…

— Starlink (@Starlink) September 3, 2024

Brazil's Supreme Court banned X on Friday after the platform blatantly disregarded court rulings and refused to pay fines.

The ruling comes after charges that Musk's company, X, has frequently ignored Brazilian court decisions and rules.

The court also said the social media platform has been a hub of hatred and discriminatory speech and has interfered with the country's democratic processes. 

On August 28, Justice Alexandre de Moraes ordered that Musk appoint a legal representative in 24 hours or Brazil would suspend X's operations in the country. 

Brazil’s president rebuffs Musk’s ‘far right’ ideology

Brazilian President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva stated in an interview for CNN Brazil published on Monday that the world is not obligated to tolerate billionaire Elon Musk’s “far-right anything goes” agenda simply due to his immense wealth.

Following the suspension of Musk’s social media platform, X, in Brazil, Lula da Silva said, “The Brazilian justice system may have given an important signal that the world is not obliged to put up with Musk’s extreme right-wing anything goes just because he is rich.”

Lula da Silva's long-standing dispute with Elon Musk over issues of free speech, far-right accounts, and misinformation in Brazil continues to escalate. Over the weekend, Brazilians, including the president, bid farewell to X, with many users posting links to their profiles on alternative social media platforms.

Brazil represents a significant market for X, which has faced challenges with losing advertisers since Musk’s acquisition and renaming of the platform last year. Approximately 40 million Brazilians, about one-fifth of the population, use X at least once a month, according to market research group Emarketer.

Musk, who claims to be a “free speech absolutist,” has consistently argued that these court actions constitute censorship. On Tuesday, Musk once again engaged in Brazilian politics by sharing a link on X to an upcoming demonstration described as a march for “freedom", which protests judicial overreach and allegedly defends free speech.

  • Brazil
  • Starlink
  • Elon Musk
  • Twitter
  • X

Most Read

13 elite Israeli troops were wounded in a confrontations in Beit Jinn, Syria.

13 elite Israeli troops wounded in confrontations in southern Syria

  • West Asia
  • 28 Nov 2025
Hezbollah announces the martyrdom of Haitham al-Tabatabai

Hezbollah announces the martyrdom of commander Haitham Tabatabai

  • West Asia
  • 23 Nov 2025
A boy tries to stand near missiles displayed in the National Aerospace Park of the Revolutionary Guard, just outside Tehran, Iran, Thursday, Nov. 13, 2025 (AP)

Key Israeli sites destroyed, nuclear docs moved to Tehran: Minister

  • Politics
  • 22 Nov 2025
Hezbollah publishes biography of martyred leader Haitham al-Tabatabai

Hezbollah publishes biography of martyred leader Haitham Tabatabai

  • Politics
  • 23 Nov 2025

Coverage

All
In Five

Read Next

All
National Guard are seen after reports of two National Guard soldiers shot near the White House in Washington, Wednesday, November 26, 2025. (AP Photo/Evan Vucci)
Politics

NG shooting suspect belonged to CIA 'Zero Units' in Afghanistan

This satellite image taken by Airbus DS shows objects on the ground at the Saudi Maternity Hospital in el-Fasher, Sudan (AP)
Politics

Inside the RSF’s brutal campaign against El Fasher’s healthcare

Lebanon urges UN action as 'Israel' builds new walls inside its border
Politics

Lebanon files UN complaint over Israeli concrete walls inside border

UN slams 'Israel' over Gaza torture reports, urges full investigation
Politics

UN slams 'Israel' over Gaza torture reports, urges full investigation

Al Mayadeen English

Al Mayadeen is an Arab Independent Media Satellite Channel.

All Rights Reserved

  • x
  • Privacy Policy
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Authors
Android
iOS