Al Mayadeen English

  • Ar
  • Es
  • x
Al Mayadeen English

Slogan

  • News
    • Politics
    • Economy
    • Sports
    • Arts&Culture
    • Health
    • Miscellaneous
    • Technology
    • Environment
  • Articles
    • Opinion
    • Analysis
    • Blog
    • Features
  • Videos
    • NewsFeed
    • Video Features
    • Explainers
    • TV
    • Digital Series
  • Infographs
  • In Pictures
  • • LIVE
News
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Sports
  • Arts&Culture
  • Health
  • Miscellaneous
  • Technology
  • Environment
Articles
  • Opinion
  • Analysis
  • Blog
  • Features
Videos
  • NewsFeed
  • Video Features
  • Explainers
  • TV
  • Digital Series
Infographs
In Pictures
  • Africa
  • Asia
  • Asia-Pacific
  • Europe
  • Latin America
  • MENA
  • Palestine
  • US & Canada
BREAKING
Pope Leo XIV: Peacemakers do not flee, but dare to stay even if it costs them some sacrifice.
The Pope to the Lebanese: You are a diverse country and a community made up of communities united by one language, the language of hope, which has allowed you to start anew.
Pope Leo XIV to the Lebanese: You are a people who do not give up, but a people who persevere in the face of difficulties and know how to be reborn.
Al Mayadeen's correspondent in South Lebanon: Israeli occupation targets bulldozer working to remove rubble of destroyed home in Shebaa.
IRGC sources tell Al Mayadeen that reports of Iranian missile strikes on northern Iraq are false, calling them rumors spread by enemy-linked media.
Trump: Venezuela airspace should be considered 'closed in its entirety'
AFP: Ukraine behind attack on Russian 'shadow fleet' tankers in Black Sea
Sheikh Qassem: We, our allies, the honorable in our nation, our people, and our army will never accept being subservient to the US or 'Israel'
Sheikh Qassem: They must despair, for whatever they do, this people cannot be defeated or broken, and we shall neither fall nor yield
Sheikh Qassem: Threats neither advance nor delay matters, yet the possibility of war or its absence exists because 'Israel' and the US are weighing their options

“Taliban” Spokesperson: Interim Government Is No Option

  • By Al Mayadeen Net
  • Source: Agencies
  • 9 Aug 2021 23:24
3 Min Read

The Spokesperson for the "Taliban" Movement Zabihullah Mujahid says that "the Movement rejects an interim government," explaining that the "Taliban" decision to enter Kabul has not been decisively made yet.

  • x
  • “Taliban” Spokesman: US raids targeted civilian facilities
    “Taliban” Spokesperson: US raids targeted civilian facilities

Today, Monday, the “Taliban” Spokesperson Zabihullah Mujahid said that “the Movement does not accept an interim government”.

When asked how the “Taliban” viewed the US proposal to form an interim government with the participation of the movement’s representatives, Mujahid said, “So far this question has not been raised. But in general, we do not accept an interim government. Our demand is a fundamental solution, and it must be found. Forming an interim government is not our plan.” 

Afghan government lost control in Mazar-i-Sharif.

Mujahid confirmed that the city of Mazar-i-Sharif will soon fall, given the Movement's control over most of the city, noting that the situation is now out of the Afghan government’s control.

Mujahid said, “Indeed, there are ongoing battles in Mazar-i-Sharif city, and our forces have seized control of most of the city. The situation is no longer under the Afghan government's control, not only in this city, but in several other locations as well. Our forces are advancing relatively quickly, and Mazar-i-Sharif will soon fall into our hands. We are also advancing toward the other remaining cities."

All eyes on Kabul… and the US targets civilian facilities

The Spokesperson explained that the Taliban decision to enter Kabul has not been decisively made yet, pointing out that "the districts around the capital must be cleared first."

He also said that "the recent US raids caused extensive damage because they mainly targeted civilian areas such as hospitals, shops, mosques, and schools in order to spread fear. In fact, they only attacked civilian targets," adding that "Calm is returning to the cities.”

Regarding security and transportation in the cities the “Taliban” has so far occupied, he said, “Cities have returned to normal in the provinces of Jowzjan, Sar-e Pul, Takhar, Kunduz, and Nimroz. The situation is normal, people live in peace, there is normal traffic in the cities, people have opened their stores, and no one is facing any problems."

It should be pointed out that the Afghan arena is currently witnessing fierce battles between the government and the "Taliban" Movement, which announced its control over large areas in the country, and yesterday, it announced its control over the capitals of 5 Afghan provinces.

It is worth noting that the US Central Command said on August 3 that "the United States has handed over 7 of its centers in Afghanistan to the Afghan Ministry of Defense, estimating that it has completed more than 95% of the withdrawal process."

  • Taliban
  • Taliban movement
  • Afghanistan
  • US troops in Afghanistan

Most Read

13 elite Israeli troops were wounded in a confrontations in Beit Jinn, Syria.

13 elite Israeli troops wounded in confrontations in southern Syria

  • West Asia
  • 28 Nov 2025
Hezbollah publishes biography of martyred leader Haitham al-Tabatabai

Hezbollah publishes biography of martyred leader Haitham Tabatabai

  • Politics
  • 23 Nov 2025
Hezbollah releases the names of the four martyred with Tabatabai

Hezbollah releases the names of the 4 martyred alongside Tabatabai

  • West Asia
  • 24 Nov 2025
Point-blank killings: 'Israel' executes 2 Palestinian youths in Jenin

Graphic footage: IOF execute 2 Palestinians from point blank in Jenin

  • Politics
  • 27 Nov 2025

Coverage

All
In Five

Read Next

All
U.S. F-35 fighter jets fly over José Aponte de la Torre Airport in Ceiba, Puerto Rico, Friday, September 19, 2025. (AP Photo/Alejandro Granadillo)
Politics

Venezuela condemns US 'colonial-style' threat to national airspace

Palestinians walk through the destruction left by the Israeli air and ground offensive in Gaza City, Saturday, Nov. 29, 2025. (AP)
Politics

Gaza death toll exceeds 70,000 as Israeli crimes continue

Ireland removes name of former Israeli president from Dublin park
Europe

Ireland removes name of Ex. Israeli regime president from Dublin park

Gazan brothers Jomaa and Fadi Abu Assi, 8 and 9, in an undated photo (Social media)
Politics

Gaza: Two brothers, aged 8 and 9, killed by 'Israel' on their way home

Al Mayadeen English

Al Mayadeen is an Arab Independent Media Satellite Channel.

All Rights Reserved

  • x
  • Privacy Policy
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Authors
Android
iOS