Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades claims responsibility for 'Hermesh' operation
The operation comes after consecutive days of IOF storming different cities in the West Bank and terrorizing Palestinians at the crack of dawn.
The Rapid Response Group - Tulkarm Brigade, affiliated with Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades, claimed responsibility for the shooting operation carried out on the road leading to the illegal "Hermesh" settlement on Tuesday, which left one Israeli settler dead.
In a statement, the group said its fighters opened fire at a settler's car heading toward "Hermesh" settlement, located in the northern Tulkarm governorate, in the northwest of the occupied West Bank.
The operation came after consecutive days of IOF storming different cities in the West Bank and terrorizing their residents at the crack of dawn, the latest being on early Tuesday when Israeli occupation forces stormed Nablus and the Nur Shams refugee camp.
The terror raid resulted in 39 injuries among residents, according to the Palestinian Red Crescent Society.
Vowing more resistance actions, the Rapid Response Group said, "This operation will not be the only response to our martyrs so far."
They also requested that Palestinians in the vicinity of the operation site delete all video surveillance records to prevent the Israeli occupation from extracting footage and identifying the fighters.
Israeli media confirmed the death of an Israeli security guard in the operation, noting that while driving his car into the settlement, he "received several bullets directly to his neck and shoulder."
An occupation military officer was cited by Israeli Channel 7 news outlet saying, "Today's operation differs from previous shooting operations, which [usually] take place from a distance."
"An organized cell stands behind it, and planned it well."
Yedioth Ahronoth newspaper said the death toll of Israelis killed since the beginning of the year, including today's operation, rose to 20.