Brutal Israeli occupation deliberately exhausts Abu Hawash
The prisoner Hisham Abu Hawash, who has been on hunger strike for 132 days, was transferred to a civilian hospital.
The Commission of Prisoners’ Affairs in Palestine announced, on Sunday, that the Israeli occupation forces transferred the hunger-striking Palestinian prisoner Hisham Abu Hawash from his prison hospital to a civilian hospital for treatment.
The commission stressed that the Israeli occupation’s prison administration has deliberately transferred him to a civilian hospital, and returned him on the same day or after several days, with the aim of exhausting him and discouraging him from continuing his hunger strike.
Hisham's brother, Imad, said he had stopped taking saline four days ago, which poses a serious threat to his intestines and could cause them to rot.
His family voiced grave concern over his life, saying the battle for his freedom became one of breaking his will to stop individual hunger-strikes, "even if it is at the expense of Hisham's life."
Imad Hawash said his brother's lawyer, Jawad Boulos, conveyed a very worrying image about Hisham on Thursday, saying he was not moving, could barely hear those talking to him, and was barely able to speak a few words. “The battle is to break the will of the prisoners even if it was at the expense of Hisham's life, “he said.
Keeping Abu Hawash in prison could lead to a very different situation: PIJ
Palestinian Islamic Jihad West Bank military wing, Al-Quds Brigades, spokesperson Abu Hamza stressed Sunday that the Israeli occupation keeping Abu Hawash in prison would completely change the situation.
"If the enemy keeps ignoring the calls to free hunger-striking prisoner Abu Hawash as he faces death, the situation would veer off into a completely different territory."
40-year-old Hisham Abu Hawash, from Dura, Al-Khalil, has been on hunger strike for 131 days in protest of his administrative detention as warnings over the deterioration of his health grow.
Abu Hawash has been in prison since October 2020, and the Israeli occupation forces have issued three administrative detention orders against him since his arrest, one of which was issued after the 70th day of his hunger strike.
The prisoners' movement in occupied Palestine had called on all resistance factions and powers in Palestine to intervene and save Hisham's life.
"The prisoners continue their battle against the occupation's prison administration until they seize all their rights and maintain their dignity," prisoner media reported. This came after they had previously said the Israeli prisons administration decided to ban visitation for all Hamas prisoners in the Israeli occupation's prisons.
Leading Palestinian prisoners start hunger strike: Hamas
Hamas Prisoners Authority announced Sunday the start of a new chapter in the open battle with the Israeli occupation's prison administration.
In the coming hours, the Hamas body said that the leading Palestinian prisoners will enter an open hunger strike battle, which will be followed by similar, successive steps.
The authority had vowed a "long, open-ended battle" against the Israeli occupation, in retaliation against the latter's suppressive measures against male and female Palestinian prisoners.