Al Mayadeen English

  • Ar
  • Es
  • x
Al Mayadeen English

Slogan

  • News
    • Politics
    • Economy
    • Sports
    • Arts&Culture
    • Health
    • Miscellaneous
    • Technology
    • Environment
  • Articles
    • Opinion
    • Analysis
    • Blog
    • Features
  • Videos
    • NewsFeed
    • Video Features
    • Explainers
    • TV
    • Digital Series
  • Infographs
  • In Pictures
  • • LIVE
News
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Sports
  • Arts&Culture
  • Health
  • Miscellaneous
  • Technology
  • Environment
Articles
  • Opinion
  • Analysis
  • Blog
  • Features
Videos
  • NewsFeed
  • Video Features
  • Explainers
  • TV
  • Digital Series
Infographs
In Pictures
  • Africa
  • Asia
  • Asia-Pacific
  • Europe
  • Latin America
  • MENA
  • Palestine
  • US & Canada
BREAKING
IRGC sources tell Al Mayadeen that reports of Iranian missile strikes on northern Iraq are false, calling them rumors spread by enemy-linked media.
Trump: Venezuela airspace should be considered 'closed in its entirety'
AFP: Ukraine behind attack on Russian 'shadow fleet' tankers in Black Sea
Sheikh Qassem: We, our allies, the honorable in our nation, our people, and our army will never accept being subservient to the US or 'Israel'
Sheikh Qassem: They must despair, for whatever they do, this people cannot be defeated or broken, and we shall neither fall nor yield
Sheikh Qassem: Threats neither advance nor delay matters, yet the possibility of war or its absence exists because 'Israel' and the US are weighing their options
Sheikh Qassem: All these threats are simply a form of political pressure after a whole year of efforts proved ineffective
Sheikh Qassem: 'Israel's' 'servants' in Lebanon are few, but they cause problems by obstructing the country’s stability, growth, and liberation alongside the US and 'Israel'
Sheikh Qassem: Weapons block 'Israel’s' project, and anyone seeking disarmament plays into 'Israel’s' hands
Sheikh Qassem: The agreement came because we held fast, empowered by our vision, our faith, our will, our people, our patriotism, and our unwavering attachment to our land

IOF investigation into Nir Oz: Witness blasts 'incorrect' data

  • By Al Mayadeen English
  • Source: Israeli media
  • 15 Mar 2025 11:09
  • 1 Shares
3 Min Read

The IOF presented an inquiry into the October 7 operation to Nir Oz, but captives criticized the investigation for inaccurate data and failing to address key issues, especially the army's delayed response.

Listen
  • x
  • Palestinians and Hamas militants transport Yaffa Adar, 85, to Gaza after kidnapping her from her home in Nir Oz, a kibbutz in Israel near the Gaza border, on Oct. 7, 2023.
    Palestinians and Hamas militants transport Yaffa Adar, 85, to Gaza after taking her from her home in Nir Oz, a kibbutz in the occupied territory near the Gaza border, on October 7, 2023. (AP)

An IOF inquiry into Operation Al-Aqsa Flood on October 7 was presented to the members of the Nir Oz community on Thursday. The release of the investigation had been delayed twice, according to Israeli media.

During a break, an Israeli who returned from captivity in Gaza spoke to i24NEWS, criticizing the investigation. "They presented incorrect data regarding the hours we were kidnapped," he said. 

He added that until now, the events at the kibbutz were discussed without addressing the main issues.

According to the report, the investigation was presented by Major General (res.) Eran Niv, who started by offering an apology to the community. The meeting also featured the outgoing Southern Command chief, Major General Yaron Finkelman, and the outgoing chief of staff, Herzi Halevi.

Read next: 'Israel' killed tens of its own captives in war on Gaza: NYT

"We salute your bravery," Halevi said, but the residents were unmoved. During the hours that Hamas fighters were in the kibbutz, there was no response from the IOF, who only came an hour later.

A resident of Nir Oz told the investigators, "You could have summed it up in three words: We weren't there. You’re showing us things we already knew," according to the report. 

IOF reveal results of investigation into October 7 operation

On March 4, the Israeli occupation published the results of its investigation into the October 7, 2023 events at the village of Kfar Aza and the Nahal Oz base.

The investigation revealed a series of failures that allowed Hamas fighters to kill and capture Israeli settlers. One of which was the shortage of soldiers at the base.

The investigation stated that Military Intelligence and the General Security Service (Shin Bet) failed to issue any warning before the attack.

The investigation further detailed that 250 Hamas fighters entered Kfar Aza, killing 64 people and capturing 19 others, while the fighting continued in the area for three days.

According to the investigation, which highlights a series of leadership failures, "the failure to manage the fighting in Kfar Aza was due to serious mistakes made during the battle," and the lack of coordination between the forces "resulted in the tragic outcome of dozens being killed and captured."

The investigation also revealed that Hamas fighters were able to take control of the village of Kfar Aza within the first hour of the attack, due to a shortage of soldiers and the confusion that prevailed in the area.

  • Nir Oz
  • Palestine
  • IOF
  • Israel
  • Israeli occupation

Most Read

13 elite Israeli troops were wounded in a confrontations in Beit Jinn, Syria.

13 elite Israeli troops wounded in confrontations in southern Syria

  • West Asia
  • 28 Nov 2025
Hezbollah announces the martyrdom of Haitham al-Tabatabai

Hezbollah announces the martyrdom of commander Haitham Tabatabai

  • West Asia
  • 23 Nov 2025
Hezbollah publishes biography of martyred leader Haitham al-Tabatabai

Hezbollah publishes biography of martyred leader Haitham Tabatabai

  • Politics
  • 23 Nov 2025
Hezbollah releases the names of the four martyred with Tabatabai

Hezbollah releases the names of the 4 martyred alongside Tabatabai

  • West Asia
  • 24 Nov 2025

Coverage

All
In Five

Read Next

All
U.S. F-35 fighter jets fly over José Aponte de la Torre Airport in Ceiba, Puerto Rico, Friday, September 19, 2025. (AP Photo/Alejandro Granadillo)
Politics

Venezuela condemns US 'colonial-style' threat to national airspace

Palestinians walk through the destruction left by the Israeli air and ground offensive in Gaza City, Saturday, Nov. 29, 2025. (AP)
Politics

Gaza death toll exceeds 70,000 as Israeli crimes continue

Ireland removes name of former Israeli president from Dublin park
Europe

Ireland removes name of Ex. Israeli regime president from Dublin park

Gazan brothers Jomaa and Fadi Abu Assi, 8 and 9, in an undated photo (Social media)
Politics

Gaza: Two brothers, aged 8 and 9, killed by 'Israel' on their way home

Al Mayadeen English

Al Mayadeen is an Arab Independent Media Satellite Channel.

All Rights Reserved

  • x
  • Privacy Policy
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Authors
Android
iOS