IOF kill 14-year-old child during Jenin storming
The Palestinian Ministry of Health announces the martyrdom of Qusai Waked after sustaining severe wounds from IOF gunfire in Jenin.
A Palestinian child was killed and two others were wounded on Sunday by Israeli occupation forces (IOF) gunfire during their storming of the Jenin refugee camp amid violent confrontations that took place between the IOF and the Jenin Brigade.
The Ministry of Health stated that 14-year-old Qusai Radwan Waked died of severe wounds he sustained after Israeli occupation forces shot him in the abdomen.
Earlier, the Palestinian Ministry of Health reported three serious injuries that arrived at Ibn Sina Specialist Hospital in Jenin.
Picture of 14-year-old Palestinian boy Qusai Waked who was shot in the belly and killed by an Israeli sniper during an Israeli military raid into the occupied West Bank city of Jenin this afternoon.— Quds News Network (@QudsNen) February 12, 2023
Qusai is a resident of Araqah village, west of Jenin. pic.twitter.com/pSWKQyIrDz
Local sources said Israeli occupation special forces stormed the house of prisoner Zakaria Al-Zubaidi, one of the Gilboa prison heroes, in Al-Jabriyat neighborhood and arrested his brother, Jibril, who previously spent 11 years in Israeli occupation prisons.
The sources said a huge number of occupation forces stormed Jenin from Al-Jalama checkpoint.
On its part, the Jenin Brigade announced that its forces were able to target Israeli occupation forces in the Jenin camp with heavy bullets and explosive devices, adding that its Resistance fighters engaged in violent confrontations and recorded direct casualties among occupation forces.
مصادر محلية: قوات الاحتلال تنشر قناصتها في عدة بنايات خلال اقتحام جنين ومحيط المخيم. pic.twitter.com/BCGcwJHCDM— قناة فلسطين اليوم (@Paltodaytv) February 12, 2023
On Telegram, a channel called Jenin Al-Qassam posted several aerial photos taken by a drone that reportedly exposed the whereabouts of Israeli occupation forces during their storming of Jenin.
In this context, the director of Al Mayadeen office in occupied Palestine said that for the first time, Jenin Brigade used drones to pursue the occupation soldiers, which is a major development.
لأول مرة كتيبة #جنين تستخدم مسيّرات في ملاحقة جنود الاحتلال وهذا تطور كبير.— قناة الميادين (@AlMayadeenNews) February 12, 2023
مدير مكتب #الميادين في #فلسطين_المحتلة ناصر اللحام في #المشهدية.#فلسطين #الضفة_الغربية @AbedRahmanEzdn @nasserlaham4 pic.twitter.com/zqUyIaCpTK
This comes after Methqal Salman Rayyan, a 27-year-old Palestinian youth from Qarawat Bani Hassan, west of Salfit, was killed on Saturday by illegal Israeli settlers' bullets in confrontations following the settlers’ incursion into the town under the heavy protection of Israeli occupation soldiers.
Eyewitnesses said that "settlers attacked a group of citizens in the northern area of Qarawat Bani Hassan and opened fire on them." Rayyan was shot straight in the head and was later martyred after succumbing to his wounds, the eyewitnesses confirmed.
It is noteworthy that the number of Palestinian martyrs that have fallen so far at the hands of occupation forces and settlers since the beginning of this year has risen to 47, including 10 children, an elderly woman, and a prisoner who was martyred inside an Israeli occupation prison due to medical negligence.
Read more: Rocket launched from Gaza, sirens sound in envelope settlements: Media